My Squat Got Worse

Taking advantage of recovery workouts is also highly recommended when on smolov. I ran the base and barely completed it, don’t feel ashamed.

Jenn, it sounds like you need an ipod with some crazy ass heavy metal turned up full volume on your squat workouts.

IMA say its part of the adaption process. Keep lifting, Keep lifting heavy. Everyone, from amateur to professional athletes has awful lifting days/weeks where they cant hit 10 - 20kg near their max. Just one of those weeks man. Keep going, once you adapt it’ll be fine. Does smolov have an adaption phase?

Just ask that Dude who was giving you advice on benching to film it for you lololol.

[quote]jacob-1310 wrote:
IMA say its part of the adaption process. Keep lifting, Keep lifting heavy. Everyone, from amateur to professional athletes has awful lifting days/weeks where they cant hit 10 - 20kg near their max. Just one of those weeks man. Keep going, once you adapt it’ll be fine. Does smolov have an adaption phase?

Just ask that Dude who was giving you advice on benching to film it for you lololol. [/quote]

HAHHA IHATEYOUSOMUCH

The adaptation phase is lOoOong over. Maybe I am just worn the fuck out, I dunno.

I thought that was impossible for a girl with my anxiety levels…

SMOLOV you proved me wrong, basterd!

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Jenn, it sounds like you need an ipod with some crazy ass heavy metal turned up full volume on your squat workouts.[/quote]

WELL, every morning on my way to the gym I listen to THIS classic tune.
ALWAYS gets me pumped and ready to tear shit up, yo.

You likely seem overtrained. I had a friend that did Somolov, tried to max shortly after it was over and his squat went down and then rested a week to 10 days and came back and maxed again and his squat went up 25 lbs over his original max. That system intentionally overtrains you and you have to rebound to see the effect. Also 175x5 is likely harder than 185x3 although I realize you did a bunch of sets on it. If you rest and still no luck you might not respond as well to higher frequency at your current level of strength, switch to a tough once a week routine and see you fare doing that so you can really learn how you respond. Good luck with it, progress doesn’t have to be linear for it to occur in the long run.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I’m sorry to hear of your smolov troubles! I did smolov not too long ago. The intense phase does border on lunacy. I am pretty sure your squat hasn’t gotten weaker though. Given a week or two of deloading/rest I think you’ll find your squat stronger than at any point during the actual program. If you’re calling your smolov adventures done for now, then I hope you know that you still got WAY further than probably 99% of people who try this program. Your progress is definitely something to be proud of.[/quote]

Who cares if you get farther than 99% of people? That’s like saying you won the special olympics…at the end of the day you’re still retarded (no offense meant towards the handicapped).[/quote]

IDK man, I think that’s a pretty good start. Being the record holder is great I’m sure but you got no where to go but down. I’d be happy with being better than most while I still focus on bettering myself. No one stays on top for long anyways… It’s all about me in this game, me beating the me of last week and so on. I’m sure that’s what you meant when you insulted the ra-tards :wink:
[/quote]

Records are meant to be broken, be it my own personal record, a federation record, or an all-time record. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t compete against yourself. I always compete against myself and believe I’ve got all the ability to continue going upwards when it is against myself (and against others). I suppose what I’m trying to get at is that being content in “average” isn’t a way to get better. Average sucks. If everyone fails smolov but a few, be one of the few.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Records are meant to be broken, be it my own personal record, a federation record, or an all-time record. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t compete against yourself. I always compete against myself and believe I’ve got all the ability to continue going upwards when it is against myself (and against others). I suppose what I’m trying to get at is that being content in “average” isn’t a way to get better. Average sucks. If everyone fails smolov but a few, be one of the few.
[/quote]

Well I didn’t quite expect your sentiment. That’s about what I was trying to say. She’s ALREADY one of the few to even make it halfway through the intense cycle starting from the very beginning. I hope you go back and kick smolov’s ass as well Spock, then you’ll be one of the VERY few lol.

Maybe you could ask that Asian guy who you outlift? orr wait maybe the old guy complimenting your stretching?

:slight_smile:

Big thank you to you all, my beloved’s, for your input and advice.

Except you jacob, LOL.

I shall report back on the last day of June with results as to who won in the battle of JENN VS. SMOLOV.

Because this program sucks and is nothing but a test of ball size, don’t do any of the shit you find online. That is the only 100% serious post anyone’ll see me write these days, this is a major piece of advice, THE secret, the red motherfucking pill. Get with a crew, hire someone or even mess around doing your own thing until you get it right, that’s how the old dogs first paved the way. GL

[quote]daraz wrote:
Because this program sucks and is nothing but a test of ball size, don’t do any of the shit you find online. That is the only 100% serious post anyone’ll see me write these days, this is a major piece of advice, THE secret, the red motherfucking pill. Get with a crew, hire someone or even mess around doing your own thing until you get it right, that’s how the old dogs first paved the way. GL[/quote]

Well first off, I am very honoured that you made a serious post in my thread. Truly, deeply, honoured…

But whatchu mean son? You think it’s better to just do my own thing than to follow any program?

A crew would be awesome though, like a dream come true, sigh…

[quote]daraz wrote:
Because this program sucks and is nothing but a test of ball size, don’t do any of the shit you find online. That is the only 100% serious post anyone’ll see me write these days, this is a major piece of advice, THE secret, the red motherfucking pill. Get with a crew, hire someone or even mess around doing your own thing until you get it right, that’s how the old dogs first paved the way. GL[/quote]

“Don’t do any of the shit you find online.”

Man I can’t do anything then…

This program may have sucked for you. Maybe that’s your own valid experiences, but a lot of weightlifting “advice” is just people sharing what did/did not work for them. I say smolov doesn’t suck, cuz I put about hundred pounds onto my squat with it. I never, ever would have done that “messing around, doing my own thing”.

I don’t know smolov, but I thought it was something intended to be run once for mad squat gainz and then not run again for a while, due to its volume/frequency? Maybe running it back to back is too much.

If I’m wrong about the program disregard this comment.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
I don’t know smolov, but I thought it was something intended to be run once for mad squat gainz and then not run again for a while, due to its volume/frequency? Maybe running it back to back is too much.

If I’m wrong about the program disregard this comment.[/quote]

I’ve heard minimum two months before you run it again.

Eat more food!

I don’t think the other people commenting knew you completed a full smolov cycle a week before starting this one.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
I don’t think the other people commenting knew you completed a full smolov cycle a week before starting this one.[/quote]

I didn’t. I did the base cyle, then I rested, then I started the intense.

That’s how you’re supposed to do it, oui?

The base cycle left me feelin’ awesome, the intense is making me feel like shit.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]scj119 wrote:
I don’t think the other people commenting knew you completed a full smolov cycle a week before starting this one.[/quote]

The base cycle left me feelin’ awesome, the intense is making me feel like shit.
[/quote]

Wee! That’s how you do it.

My experiences were similar. Felt amazing after base cycle. Intense cycle convinced me not to try smolov again for a good long time.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[/quote]

My bad, I totally misread your log.

Apologies!