My Squat Day Routine

As of recently, this his been my squat day routine, tried it out for a week, its great, but wanted to see if there could be room for improvement.

ATG Back squats w/ pause: 2-3 warm up sets, 3 working sets.
ATG Front squats w/ pause 4-6x3
Bulgarian squats 20x2
Leg Extensions 10x3

I feel like I just threw in the bulgarian squats because I wasn’t quite sure what else I could throw in there. Perhaps lunges? My calves are lacking, so something that emphasizes calves would be great.

[quote]MindBodySwole wrote:
As of recently, this his been my squat day routine, tried it out for a week, its great, but wanted to see if there could be room for improvement.

ATG Back squats w/ pause: 2-3 warm up sets, 3 working sets.
ATG Front squats w/ pause 4-6x3
Bulgarian squats 20x2
Leg Extensions 10x3

I feel like I just threw in the bulgarian squats because I wasn’t quite sure what else I could throw in there. Perhaps lunges? My calves are lacking, so something that emphasizes calves would be great. [/quote]
Calves everyday! I thought I would overtrain them when I had to start doing them everyday but I don’t feel any negative effects whatsoever. Try it for a month!

Worth a shot a guess. You do bodyweight or on a leg press or?

Have you ever tried glute raises/bridges? Really helps target the glutes and a great finisher to a leg workout!

[quote]MindBodySwole wrote:
Worth a shot a guess. You do bodyweight or on a leg press or?[/quote]
2 bodyweight days and 2 weighted days. On BW days sometimes I switch it up and do a hard 3 sec contraction at the top or a deep stretch at the bottom. But get back to me in a few years when I have diamonds down there

Why do you do paused squats? Just wondering.

What do you do for hamstrings?

What kind of reps are you doing for the work sets? Also, if your calves are lacking, do those first, they barely detract from anything else! If you are doing pauses, have you considered jump squats?