My Sleep Sucks

Alright, I have searched and scoured the internet. I have tweaked and tinkered with my diet. But for some reason, my sleep sucks. I fall asleep fine, and I don’t wake up during the night, but I never feel refreshed. Hopefully, someone on here can help me out. Here is what has changed in my diet/supplementation:
I started taking 3 capsules of M in the morning with my first meal, and 3 capsules of Tribex at night with a meal (usually around 7:30).
I switched my protein MRP from Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey protein with Low Carb Grow!
Instead of eating 2 P+F meals when I got home from work, I changed the first one to P+C and now eat 1 P+C meal when I get home, and one P+F meal before bed.
I am thinking it has something to do with the Tribex and/or the M. I get 8-8.5 hours of sleep a night, and I also use ZMA (have been using it for a few months). I used to wake up and feel great, now I wake up and feel like I need to go back to sleep.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I added HTML to my post but it didn’t work. Not sure why. Anyways, I apologize for the mess.

Have you tried getting more hours in before midnight? worked for me very well, and for a friend.
ADAM MARSHALL IN CAPS

Chris, I’m sorry, but I don’t have any ideas on why you’re needing more sleep and not waking refreshed. Bummer.

However, re the HTML, if you’d like a paragraph, type open angle bracket, br, close angle bracket. The “br” stands for break. No commas, of course.

Try Biotest’s ZMA.

1. More hours before midnight, as recommended.

2. Try getting in a sleeping pattern. Wake and rise at the same time every day.

3. If those don’t seem to work, try holding your bedtime constant while shifting or exploring new wake-up times. Sometimes a shift of just 30 minutes can make a big difference, particularly if you hit your special ‘window’. Sometimes this even involves getting (a bit) less sleep!

I placed HTML in my post, but it didn’t go through. I viewed the source on this page and there is no HTML in there…oh well.

I am in bed by 10:30 every night. I am also up at 6:30 every morning. It sounds like no one else has had this problem because of Tribex or M, so it must be something else. I am gonna try hitting the sack at 10:00 and see how that goes.

Thanks for the responses.

What kind of training are you doing? When was the last time you took a week or more off? Are you doing something that may be extremely taxing on your CNS?

People, people, people…think OUTSIDE the box. You only eat once a day? No. Then why would you have to sleep only once a cycle? What I suggest to you, mon frere, is that you get some sleep (2-3h) in the afternoon. If you do this, the sleep you have will be FAR more effective. ie. if you wake up at 06:30, go to sleep at 00:30. That’s 6 hours of sleep. Go to work, whatever. When do you return home, 16:00h? Then go to sleep! Sleep for 2 hours. That’s only 8 hours, but to me feels like 10 hours. That should make you far more alert, my friend. Try it out for 2 weeks or so and tell me what you think.

Wanted to second the suggestion to get a little LESS sleep. Try 7 1/2 hours and see what you think.

Chris: Here’s something that worked for me (even during a Mag10 cycle): Take 150 grams of 5htp and 500 mg of GABA twice a day (mid-morning and afternoon). Then take 500 mg of GABA (and 5htp optional) before bedtime. The 5htp supposedly increases your melatonin reserves throughout the day, and then when you start sleeping, they’re naturally released to give you a good sleep. The 500mg GABA is suppose to relax you but not enough to knock you out during your waking hours. Bottomline, these supplements prime your body during the day so you can sleep at night. I learned this from a book called “The Mood Cure.”

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try some of them and see if it helps. Went to bed a little before 10 last night only to get awoken at 11 by some kids outside whooping it up. Oh well, we’ll see how it goes.

Hey Chris. Try getting home and having the PF meal then the PC meal before bed. Get some folic acid, preferably from asparagus, in your meals to help process the protein. How are you splitting your program? Do your tumbling and complexes in the morning so your not lighting everything up late in the afternoon. Stretch more and stay hydrated. See ya soon.

I do my entire program in the morning/afternoon. From about 11-1 (depending on the time it takes). I will try switching the meals at home, but I always thought you would sleep better without carbs, was I wrong?

Also, when are we gonna get together for some KB training? Coach has told me a lot about you, it would be awesome to get to train with you. I am ready to go anytime, so just say the time and the place.

Chris, i do nine a night, but what really helps me is earplugs, one it blocks outside noise, two it has become a cue for me to fall asleep now. I know that thats not your specific problem, but it might help. Plus when your rooming with snorers during road games its a life savor. I use the swimmers sliicone ones. Also I do nine a night to feel good all day. I can function maximally at 8, but at 9 i feel invincible.

Thanks Ed, I was thinking of getting some ear plugs.

There has been research done on polyphasic sleep patterns, and it was shown that they are far superior in terms of mental alertness than the standard, lamentable North American one-session-per-cycle sleep pattern.

Remember the crazy genius scientist that slept 4 x 15min a cycle? What they came up with recently is that a person who sleeps 4 x 1hr a cycle will have the same if not better mental function as a person that sleeps 1 x 8h.

It’s interesting to note that some cultures have polyphasic sleep patterns integrated into their society. In South America, there is the “ciesta”, where EVERYTHING is closed for one hour, and everyone goes to sleep. These are people that work 12-18 hours a day in their jobs, intellectual or otherwise.

The benefits are many. First of all, since I’m going to sleep at 2am, I never have trouble falling asleep. Naturally, I feel tired at some point in the afternoon and have no trouble falling asleep then either.

What can you expect if you do at least a 2-part split? Increased mental and physical performance, at least, and you should have no trouble falling asleep.

I’m not sure how this would affect muscle gains, so if someone could fill me in on that it would be appreciated.

Harkonnen

you may have sleep apnea. do some research and see

I am going to look into this sleep cycling a little more. Thanks!