My Sheiko Skills Eval Video

[quote]Hanley wrote:
How is it the fastest way tho?

We’ve no way of knowing which lift he trains the most, or which one would make the easiest improvement. 5lb on his bench is the exact same as 5lb on the squat when it comes to your total.

I’m amazed at people saying “get your bench up” as if he’s not already trying.[/quote]

Good job Max.

I am amazed as well Hanley. I’m just waiting for some meathead with chicken legs to shout out “Yo, how much ya bench?” Five pounds = five pounds, regardless of the lift.

Yes, he’s trying to bring his bench up and it looks like he has made some progress with it over the past few months from what I’ve seen. And aside from gaining weight, which not everyone wants to do, the bench is the hardest lift for most to get to budge. Not only does technique matter a lot, there are smaller muscles at play in the lift in comparison to the squat and dead that take more time to get stronger.

I feel as if your back is a little rounded on the deadlift. Especially off the beginning of the pull.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
bignate wrote:
dead sexy man, pretty impressive total for weight and raw it looks like? as zep says the fastest way to a higher total is bring the bench up and i think we and u all know that… but it is great to see such high squats and deads rather than bench and nothing else… keep goin man

We’ve no way of knowing which lift he trains the most, or which one would make the easiest improvement. 5lb on his bench is the exact same as 5lb on the squat when it comes to your total.

I’m amazed at people saying “get your bench up” as if he’s not already trying.[/quote]

Precisely.

I would argue that it’s almost certainly not the fastest way to a bigger total for Max. The biggest contributing lifts to his total would be squat and deadlift simply because these are almost always bigger than a person’s bench press.

Also because he has put 40lbs on his squat 12 weeks and is most proficient at the squat and deadlift.

My point is, how can you judge someone’s ability to progress on an exercise unless you know exactly what they have done and how they have trained in the past?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
bignate wrote:
dead sexy man, pretty impressive total for weight and raw it looks like? as zep says the fastest way to a higher total is bring the bench up and i think we and u all know that… but it is great to see such high squats and deads rather than bench and nothing else… keep goin man

Precisely.

I would argue that it’s almost certainly not the fastest way to a bigger total for Max. The biggest contributing lifts to his total would be squat and deadlift simply because these are almost always bigger than a person’s bench press.

Also because he has put 40lbs on his squat 12 weeks and is most proficient at the squat and deadlift.

My point is, how can you judge someone’s ability to progress on an exercise unless you know exactly what they have done and how they have trained in the past?