T Nation

My Sh*t Doesn't Stink

I can’t recall which Paul Chek article said so. Maybe it was a YouTube video of him talking about properly functioning abdominals and their effect on internal organs.

Regardless, he said that a healthy human should pass about 12 inches of earthy stool every day that doesn’t smell like death.

I’m living on a hall with a few, for lack of a better word, douche-fags, whose shit really, really stinks. I think their diet consists of nothing but Keystone, Cafeteria Pizza, and the dip they accidentally swallow. These guys drop some pretty potent loads.

I’ve just got 2 diet related questions.

(1) Are there any foods that are actually good for you but give you awful, radioactive, deadly shits that smell to high heaven?

(2) In response to the age old question “You think your shit don’t stink?” with my “yes” have I proved that I’m a better person than these guys?

[quote]FightingScott wrote:

(1) Are there any foods that are actually good for you but give you awful, radioactive, deadly shits that smell to high heaven?[/quote]

I’ll get a little mudbutt if I eat spinach several days in a row, but that’s about it. Veggies give us gas and meat is what makes it stink.

Nope.

And the article in question was a Q&A with Chek that Chris Shugart did. He also said the poo should be fluffy in texture, but I’m sure as hell not checking that.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

(1) Are there any foods that are actually good for you but give you awful, radioactive, deadly shits that smell to high heaven?

I’ll get a little mudbutt if I eat spinach several days in a row, but that’s about it. Veggies give us gas and meat is what makes it stink.[/quote]

I eat a ton of meat and seriously, sometimes I can literally stink myself out of the house.

I somedays eat close to 2lbs of good old chicken breast and boy I sometimes gag when I rip one. So I think its all the protein that makes it stink, but on my jobsite we have a porta-potty and holy shit dudes. my co-workers, whose diets consist mainly of beer and overly processed wrapped feces, invoke the power of Lucifer when they drop a load. I mean I need a fucking priest to enter the john.

yeah, i’m a pretty smelly guy despite good hygiene. heh, maybe my digestion is fucked? takes Spike and chugs a red bull

it feels good to be dirty :wink:

Any protein shake, except Metabolic Drive at night, makes me spraypaint the porcelain with enough cubic feet of stink to evacuate a mcmansion.

If I stick to whole foods I’m fine.

Surge and other whey proteins force me to stay near a bathroom and escape door if people are around.

Anyone else have that problem with Surge, like 1-3 hours after a delicious serving you find yourself plastering the porcelain?

I find it helpful to have a few dogs near to blame the stank bombs I drop on.

[quote]invictus1 wrote:
Any protein shake, except Metabolic Drive at night, makes me spraypaint the porcelain with enough cubic feet of stink to evacuate a mcmansion.

If I stick to whole foods I’m fine.

Surge and other whey proteins force me to stay near a bathroom and escape door if people are around.

Anyone else have that problem with Surge, like 1-3 hours after a delicious serving you find yourself plastering the porcelain?

I find it helpful to have a few dogs near to blame the stank bombs I drop on.[/quote]

You’re probably lactose intolerant.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:

You’re probably lactose intolerant.[/quote]

No, it’s not really that bad. The thread with shit and stink was just asking for some crappy creative writing.

But when I make concentrated shakes it is noticeable.

If I take a whey shake by itself with no banana/oats or whathaveyou my next dump a few hours after is like a liquid hell storm that smells of fucking death. The farts I get before the load are the fucking worst.

I’ve been told to leave my girlfriends apartment because of this.

Haha I still don’t know why I do this on rare occasions…

My sht doesn’t stink either. Neither do I pass gas. Nor do I get “mudbutt”, constipation or that loose diarrheaish sht. I’m certain this proves my bowels are healthy.

I eat an almost carnivorous diet, fatty meat, eggs, dairy, some vegetables. When I carb load (rice and potatoes), I get gas, but it doesn’t stink that horrible. To get horrible gas or stink the apartment up totally takes grains. Gluten and the lectins (wheat germ agglutinin) do the trick every time. No wonder, since they are natural born gut killers.

It’s gotten to a point when I see an attractive woman eating a bagel or pasta and the first thing I think of is them letting it rip in the toilet.

Re: 1) Cabbages. I still believe they might be some good for you, but they do create gas.

I wonder if their is an association between body builders and colon cancer…considering all the meat that is consumed.

But it probaly depends on fiber consumption, red vs white meat, and hereditary factors…just a thought

I’m an epidemiology major…these questions are bound to arise…

Y’all should try some digestive enzymes.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
I can’t recall which Paul Chek article said so. Maybe it was a YouTube video of him talking about properly functioning abdominals and their effect on internal organs.

Regardless, he said that a healthy human should pass about 12 inches of earthy stool every day that doesn’t smell like death.

I’m living on a hall with a few, for lack of a better word, douche-fags, whose shit really, really stinks. I think their diet consists of nothing but Keystone, Cafeteria Pizza, and the dip they accidentally swallow. These guys drop some pretty potent loads.

I’ve just got 2 diet related questions.

(1) Are there any foods that are actually good for you but give you awful, radioactive, deadly shits that smell to high heaven?

(2) In response to the age old question “You think your shit don’t stink?” with my “yes” have I proved that I’m a better person than these guys?

[/quote]

"The average human being should pass about twelve inches of well-formed, not foul smelling, fluffy, easy to pass, light brown, earthy-smelling stool per day, if you’ve got a normal bowel.

You can poop three four-inchers, two six-inchers, or one great big one; it doesn’t really matter. You should have a minimum of one really healthy bowel movement a day.

Right now the average American is having a bowel movement once every two to three days. The worst we’ve ever seen here at my institute is a patient who was having a bowel movement once every thirty days."

Here is the link to the article and above is what he said.

If I recall correctly, the discussion that followed was entertaining. Some of your questions might be addressed there.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
invictus1 wrote:
Any protein shake, except Metabolic Drive at night, makes me spraypaint the porcelain with enough cubic feet of stink to evacuate a mcmansion.

If I stick to whole foods I’m fine.

Surge and other whey proteins force me to stay near a bathroom and escape door if people are around.

Anyone else have that problem with Surge, like 1-3 hours after a delicious serving you find yourself plastering the porcelain?

I find it helpful to have a few dogs near to blame the stank bombs I drop on.

You’re probably lactose intolerant.[/quote]

Whey protein isolate products don’t usually contain any lactose. Lactose is the natural sugar in dairy products and it’s generally filtered out.

Yeah, In an ideal world we’d all pass 12" stools that smell like our favourite confectionary item. I read that article myself, it was on bodybuilding.com

The best things you can do to help your body deal with the amount of food you eat is to chew your food proper, supplement fibre and eat flax seeds, they contain a lot of fibre but more importantly I think they’re good for cleaning you inside.

I myself am guilty of pebble dashing the toilet on occasion, I think we all are…except Paul Chek

[quote]conorh wrote:
Y’all should try some digestive enzymes. [/quote]

Hear Hear!

IMO one of the key missing links in any serious budybuilders supplementation regimen, assuming they are eating lots of protein and other goodies.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
conorh wrote:
Y’all should try some digestive enzymes.

Hear Hear!

IMO one of the key missing links in any serious budybuilders supplementation regimen, assuming they are eating lots of protein and other goodies.[/quote]

agreed. absorb the food you already eat before throwing more stuff down ur throat

I eat what must be over a kilo of chicken a day, probably a pound of deli meat a day, and 5 eggs a day. Either meat and protein doesn’t cause me to stink or I’m totally immune to the awful odors I produce.

But I don’t think that’s the cause because even when you pass a deuce or a fart that doesn’t knock yourself out, you can still usually tell if it’s a ripe one that others will notice or not.

Try probiotics/acidophilus man, I’m telling you, you wont be sorry.

in all honesty i have never gotten a damn thing on probiotics-- in fact they gave me hella gas when i usually don’t have too much. i’ve used good ones too like Berardi recommended Primadolphilus Optima and Floratron. how long did it take b4 you saw results getswole?