My Semester Supplement List

So im about to buy all my supplements im going to be using for my next semester in college where i plan to have my final bulk before i go on the V-Diet in jan. to finally get rid of the fat and show off some 3 years bulking going from 130lbs to hopefully 210-215. Right now im at 190lbs. Ill be doing the 12 week superhero program and will be consuming 6 meals a day. Heres how my diet will look:

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1cup milk
Meal 2: Protein Shake (1tsp peanut butter,milk,banana,2scoops Grow! Whey, 2 scoops Superfood)
Meal 3: Chicken w/ rice & Veggies
Meal 4: Protein Shake (1tsp peanut butter,milk,banana,2scoops Grow! Whey)
Meal 5: Chicken w/rice & Veggies
Meal 6: Protein shake (1 tsp peanut butter, cottage cheese, 2 scoops Grow! Whey, banana)

Pre-workout: BCAA’s/sugar free red bull
Post-workout: BCAA’s and Surge

heres what im about to buy from Biotest:
2 x Alpha Male
2 x REZ-V
3 x Grow! Whey
3 x Surge chocolate
10 x BCAA’s
2 x BETA-7
3 x fish oil
2 x Superfood
1 x creatine

Im going to be megadosing BCAA’s the entire semester probably taking in 30 of them a day.

Any tips on my diet or supplements would be great, thanks.

Daaaaamn thats alot of supps how much is that gonna set you back???

Is the diet going to give you enough protein?

Its going to cost around $900, ive worked the entire summer and made a lot of money. Each protein shake is giving me around 60g of protein so from those alone ill be getting 180g. I just want to give it everything i can this semester so by next summer i can look solid, so i figured i might as well go all out.

Christ…

get them college chicks under the sheets with your physique!

I’d drop the Alpha Male if you’re a traditional college-aged student.

I know everyone on here says dont take Alpha Male unless your 25 and whatnot but i really dont mind spending the money on it to see if it helps me out a bit, if it doesnt work then i wont buy it again but i just wana test it out.

personally i would buy more protein, more Flameout, more creatine and scrap the rest. Rez-V, Alpha Male, Beta-7, Superfood, Surge, all nice on an unlimited budget but not necessary. I would also not be so tight on my food list if i was bulking. i tend to stick with things that are proven time and again.

Protein, creatine, fish oil tons of unbiased scientific proof that they work, the rest is questionable at best. I seriously doubt for instance that it is really dramatically superior to drink Surge post workout instead of just downing another protein shake and thro in a banana or something. In the end its all carbs and protein.

as a fellow college student, just a few criticisms.

Firstly, why are you buying all of your supps at one time?-unless you’re outside the US, Biotest has no shipping costs…why not just buy as you progress?

Secondly, is that enough Surge for a semester?-I’ve been through 4 containers this summer alone.

Thirdly, I’d suggest dropping the Alpha Male and Rez-V and eiter buy more Beta-7, Surge, and Flameout; or you could put it in an account titled “pussy cash” and use those funds to intoxicate coeds so you can take them back to your place and have your way with them. Just sayin…

[quote]morepain wrote:
personally i would buy more protein, more Flameout, more creatine and scrap the rest. Rez-V, Alpha Male, Beta-7, Superfood, Surge, all nice on an unlimited budget but not necessary. I would also not be so tight on my food list if i was bulking. i tend to stick with things that are proven time and again.

Protein, creatine, fish oil tons of unbiased scientific proof that they work, the rest is questionable at best. I seriously doubt for instance that it is really dramatically superior to drink Surge post workout instead of just downing another protein shake and thro in a banana or something. In the end its all carbs and protein. [/quote]

This man speaks the truth.

I’d even drop the Grow! and use Metabolic Drive, even for post workout. Or use the Grow! with BCAA and creatine in place of Surge, during your workout. Increase your fish oil or BCAA IF you still think you want to spend money, but you shouldn’t even need to do it.

Start spending money on good foods. I’m spending like $120-150 alone on food each week.

Look up TC’s article on Power Foods. Shittake mushrooms, coconut oil, spinach, broccoli, grass fed beef, omega-3 eggs…

Just tell yourself that old school BB’ers did it WITHOUT all these supplements. Why do you think you need them? You most likely don’t.

Buy a food scale or a nice gym bag with stuff like straps, belts, or nice lifting shoes. Save up your money. I’m in college, too.

2 things.

1. You could use more variety with your food intake.

2. Assuming you follow #1 advice, I think your supplement list is ok. As said I would ditch the Alpha Male in favor of a larger quantity of something else, or save it.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
morepain wrote:

Protein, creatine, fish oil tons of unbiased scientific proof that they work, the rest is questionable at best. I seriously doubt for instance that it is really dramatically superior to drink Surge post workout instead of just downing another protein shake and thro in a banana or something. In the end its all carbs and protein.

I’d even drop the Grow! and use Metabolic Drive, even for post workout. Or use the Grow! with BCAA and creatine in place of Surge, during your workout. Increase your fish oil or BCAA IF you still think you want to spend money, but you shouldn’t even need to do it.

Start spending money on good foods. I’m spending like $120-150 alone on food each week.

Look up TC’s article on Power Foods. Shittake mushrooms, coconut oil, spinach, broccoli, grass fed beef, omega-3 eggs…

Just tell yourself that old school BB’ers did it WITHOUT all these supplements. Why do you think you need them? You most likely don’t.

Buy a food scale or a nice gym bag with stuff like straps, belts, or nice lifting shoes. Save up your money. I’m in college, too.
[/quote]

Wrodz. In all likelihood, you will be drastically increasing your caloric intake over the semester, I would cut the supplement budget in half and save it for the food you will be needing.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
morepain wrote:
personally i would buy more protein, more Flameout, more creatine and scrap the rest. Rez-V, Alpha Male, Beta-7, Superfood, Surge, all nice on an unlimited budget but not necessary.

I would also not be so tight on my food list if i was bulking. i tend to stick with things that are proven time and again.

[/quote]

amen brother, hell i’m 36 been at this for 20 + years and have used EVERYTHING in the book, most of it is a waste of money when you really look at the cost/benefit ratio.

It never ceases to amaze when how people will convince themselve that there is no way they will recover properly without Surge! ; most high level competitive athletes use little to no supplements at all.

I dont have a problem with my food budget at all, i can afford any food, the diet i listed was a sample diet, im going to be definitly taking in 3 shakes per day but for my meals ill be taking in steaks and other forms of meat, i will definitly have variety.

I really want to try Alpha Male just to see if it works, i was thinking of TRIBEX but if im going to buy that i told myself i might as well just get Alpha Male. Ill definitely have to get more Surge i agree with that, and i dont want to replace Metabolic Drive with Grow because i get more servings from Grow than i would with Metabolic Drive.

when i used Metabolic Drive this summer i found i was finished with one tub in a matter of a week or so. I agree also that i do not NEED Surge but i honestly just made a lot of money this summer and dont mind spending it on it.

I just really want to give it everything this semester so by next summer i can finally not worry about bulking up and actually show off some progress. and i already put money aside for getting me and other chicks smashed.

[quote]morepain wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
morepain wrote:
personally i would buy more protein, more Flameout, more creatine and scrap the rest. Rez-V, Alpha Male, Beta-7, Superfood, Surge, all nice on an unlimited budget but not necessary.

I would also not be so tight on my food list if i was bulking. i tend to stick with things that are proven time and again.

amen brother, hell i’m 36 been at this for 20 + years and have used EVERYTHING in the book, most of it is a waste of money when you really look at the cost/benefit ratio.

It never ceases to amaze when how people will convince themselve that there is no way they will recover properly without Surge! ; most high level competitive athletes use little to no supplements at all.

[/quote]

and for the truly gifted like that, don’t you think that genetics might play a role in their abilities?

Hence us more normal folk could use such things as Surge and make greater gains.

Genetics plays the ultimate role…thats the point, all the Surge in the world is not gonna make a bit of difference in the real scheme of things. As far as bodybuilding the cold hard truth is lots of protein, lots of calories, lots of drugs…everything else is optional.

I am just saying in order to provide what is beneficial to the natural athlete a basic protein, creatine, and a good efa is about all you can do , the rest is a waste.

[quote]morepain wrote:
Genetics plays the ultimate role…thats the point, all the Surge in the world is not gonna make a bit of difference in the real scheme of things. As far as bodybuilding the cold hard truth is lots of protein, lots of calories, lots of drugs…everything else is optional.

I am just saying in order to provide what is beneficial to the natural athlete a basic protein, creatine, and a good efa is about all you can do , the rest is a waste.[/quote]

Surge is a protein with carbs, what are we arguing here? lol

simply cost effectiveness is all, remember everything i say is just an opinion, no better or no worse than anyone elses. Just thinking back to being in college and advising the OP on how best to get the most bang for the buck.

[quote]morepain wrote:
simply cost effectiveness is all, remember everything i say is just an opinion, no better or no worse than anyone elses.[/quote]

Actually, in this thread I’d say it’s worse.