My Second Hello

Well, there seem to be many new faces on T-Nation since I last visited. So I decided to reintroduce myself to some of the unfamiliar faces. My name is Nick and use to post on T-Nation quite regularly.

However, the past 6 months haven’t to the best and I haven’t visited T-Nation for awhile. I ended up breaking my right hand in November and had to have a plate and screws put in. Needless to say the gym was going to have to be put on the back burner for awhile.

This absolutely killed me. I couldn’t bring myself to come to the site. Seeing and hearing about all the things I wanted to be doing. It was really hard on me, and I just quit logging on to see what everyone else was doing or to read the articles.

I decided to take the injury in stride. I focused on the rehab and wrapped up college. Since the injury I have graduated with my undergrad degree in Chemical Engineering and am in the process of moving to Dallas to start a career there.

Now since I wasn’t lifting, doesn’t mean I was a couch potato. I took the injury as a kind of forced cutting phase. I did a lot of cardio, both in the gym and outside of the gym.

Soon I was able to incorporate some light lifting as my hand healed. The last thing I wanted to have happen was for me to just completely become inactive and get out of shape.

However, I am now happy to say that I’m back in the gym full time and loving it. I got the clear to return to lifting a week ago and am gradually getting back into the swing of things. It hasn’t been easy though.

I ended up losing about 20 pounds and the weights aren’t anywhere close to where they were. So hopefully this thing called muscle memory kicks in soon =).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. There’s many new faces and I look forward to getting to know all of you. Take care and good luck to all of you in reaching your goals.

~Nick

Congratulations on your degree! people sometimes get so caught up in their past-times, that they forget that there are other important things in life.

Life hands you lemons sometimes, it sounds like you did the best you could with what it gave you. You did better than I would have by resisting the temptation to try to work around your injury.

Eat big and lift heavy, youll gain it back soon enough. Best of luck to you.

1. Welcome back

2. Congrats on your CE degree

3. Congrats on your job and I hope it works out good for you in the Big D.

Seems like you are heading in the right direction. It’s good to hear you used your broken hand for motivation. That is good for you. It was a blessing in disguise.

Good luck on all your goals, I know you’ll reach them.