T Nation

My Routine

I have been lifting weights since I was 13 years old yes young...
now I am 15 since July.
I weigh 154lbs in the morning and 155-160 at night.
I'm probably 10% bf? there is not much there but I haven't been tested
my max bench is 200lbs
don't do dead lifts

"my goal" is to be a cfl/nfl pro athlete. I have always been the smallest and scrawniest of my friends, soo I want to be the biggest and strongest. I am going into AAA midget football next summer and need to gain a minimal of 30lbs of solid muscle to play my position. left tackle/strong side defencive end.

The supplements I take are Xpand xtreme pump(nitric oxide reactor pre workout supp)
Mutant mass 2 scoops in the morning and at lunch i lift afterschool come home eat then dinner after eating again.
I started this set of supps and this routine made by me last week.
*ps i put it together with some info from this site and joe weider videos.

this is my routine tell me what i should change *

*************4 day routine************

-barbell bench press 3sets 6-8 reps chest
-incline dumbbell press 4 sets 10 reps
-dumbell flys 4 sets 10-12 reps
-cable crossovers 4sets of 10-12 reps

&&Monday Second Half*&*&
-barbell curls 3 sets 6-8 reps bicep
-Hammer curls 3 sets 6-8 reps
-concentration curls 3 sets 8-10 reps
-incline curls 3 sets 10-12 reps
crunches 25x3
reverse crunches 15x3
-leg press 4 sets 6-8reps Legs
-standing leg press 4 sets 6-8reps
-calf press 4 sets 15-20reps

&&Tuesday Second Half*&*&
-close-grip barbell press 4 sets of 6-8 reps Tricep
-one-arm triceps extension 4sets of 6-8 reps
-cable pressdown 4 sets of 6-8 reps

-bent over rows 3 sets of 6-8 reps lats/Romboids
-tbar rows 4 sets of 6-8 reps
-wide grip cable pulldowns 3 sets of 6-8 reps
-sitting cable rows 4 sets of 10-12 reps

-military press 3 sets of 6-8 reps shoulder/trap
-behind head press 3 sets of 10-12 reps
-shrug barbell pull 3 sets of 8-6 reps
-shrug dumb-bell 4 sets

.3-5 sets of crunches&
reverse crunches.20 reps a set
depending on speed and hold at peak contraction.

I usually spend friday gettin slizzard and saterday preparing for sunday's football game
I also have 2 hr's football practice saterday, tuesday,wednesday,thursday. and game day.
I hope that last bit did something to help tell you more about my activities so that you can help me to better myself.
I have a profile pic with most of my chest in it sorry its what I got to work with.

squats? deadlifts? weighted pull ups? diet?

oh and wtf does slizzard mean?

You're 15 and you're getting drunk routinely every friday?

Thats beside's the point here.. I live in surrey, but I need help with the routine guys.
I forgot my height. 5'8

I need to have some fun in my life, and thats what everyone does

Squat and deadlift.
Drop the chest isolation work, most of the direct arm work, and the crunches.

What's with the 2 half workouts? You doing twice a day? You don't need to at this point. Also, there's no 1st half for Tuesday.

At this point in your development you need to get strong in the big basics.

Check out Starting Strength (There was an article on here yesterday), 5/3/1, and Bill Starr 5 x 5. Pick one, stick to it, and eat.

It's not besides the point as it has a definite effect on your progress.

I feel sorry for you if you feel that you need to get drunk and slow your progress to have fun, especially at your age.

Dude, don't use Surrey and your poor judgement and friends for why your physique is lacking (badly)...

You have really lofty goals... Nothing wrong with that, but if you want to attain them, you better start eating - seriously. You mention you're in practice, but what string are you? No offence, but your pic makes you look like if anything you have the build of a receiver and not a DE. I would not start you (yeah for what it's worth I'm a BC Certified coach so I know $hit compared to a 15yr old) on my team unless you put on some mass and I would not start you in anything but a receiver or running back - period.

If I was your age, I'd be taking advantage of it by eating, eating, eating some more, hitting the gym and working out to exhaustion, eating, guess what (eating), sex with the girlfriend(s), home before bed to eat again, sleeping, rinse and repeat. Oh and don't forget homework and school somewhere in there (school = great time for shakes between classes)

The very LAST thing I'd be doing is hanging out with a bunch of chumps that are trying to sabotage your goals either directly or indirectly. You have a window of opportunity right now for just a couple years to make something of yourself and get yourself a decent athletic scholarship which will see you play (if you're good) at SFU, UBC, etc.

Boozing with a bunch of duchebags is going to ensure you don't get into anything and tells people like me (I may be your future coach) that you're not serious and don't deserve a starting shot.

Until you change your attitude/friends and start eating, I won't help you out as it'll be a waste of my time...

If you haven't been tested than you should always wear protection...

Starting strength and steak FTW.

I am first string d,e, or I was just last week they started playing me first string left tackle. I have no hands to be a reciever. =[
they havent try'd me running back.

What team do you coach and what league????

you dont need a workout plan, you need spell check. Saterday?

Don't worry they just can't tell how fuckin awesome you are because you didn't post anything to reference your beastliness from. I got ya covered though.

take your "program," rip it up, throw it away, purchase 5/3/1, west side for skinny bastards, or maximum strength, and stick to it! you are heading straight for postural imbalances and a weak foundation. you're also overtraining. if you wanna go far with a career in football, nobody really gives a shit how much you can bench press, so learn how to squat and learn how to deadlift and do them. most importantly, eat alot of fats and protein, pick up heavy shit, and stop being a tool

Yea? well "everyone" is also overweight and not trying to be in the nfl

K soo im dropping the boozing fridays. and the blazing.
and im spending the money on food supps. surge,mutant mass.. with that 5/3/1 thing will i still gain arm size or is it not worth doing arm iso?

First, at your age and level, don't worry about vain stuff like arm size...especially since you're not going to gain any size anywhere without the food and getting good in the basics. But yes, you will gain size in your arms. Doing pullups and heavy rows will hit your biceps, and the pressing and benching and dips will hit your triceps. Your arms will grow just fine. But more importantly, you'll get good at the basics, and gain the needed muscle mass for football..especially if you're playing DE. So just pick a good, basic program like Starting Strength or 5/3/1 and do it.

Also, social tip. If you plan on dropping the alcohol and weed, drop the friends too..or at least while they're engaged in those activities. I promise you, no matter how much willpower you think you have, putting yourself back into that situation, you wont last long.

Good luck getting to the NFL. You'll need it.

Are you kidding me?

i stared at that guy clapping for like 5 mins =/