My Road to 200

I started weightlifting about 3 years ago or so. When i first started i weighed in at about 145lbs. I was that size all through high school and tried to change that when i got to college. The first year of lifting alone i put on about 40lbs. I was at that weight for a long ass time and after tweaking my nutrition and trying every supplement under the sun I still stayed around that weight.

I was always skinny as a kid and had trouble putting on weight so after not growing for a while i figured that this was the weight i would stay at.

I wasnt happy though, and I switched up my training a few times and got my nutrition dialed in a bit better and i stepped on the scale yesterday and it read 197.8. I realize this is just short of 200 but I was so pumped about this. I still have about less than 10% bf so ive been bulking pretty clean. I am pumped about this and just want to start a post to share common goals and feelings about reaching those goals.

good job
now do more

good job i started about the same weight in 2006 and now weigh 206lbs at night (heaviest time of the day).

You say you are under 10%BF at 196 coming up from 145lbs, i find this hard to believe. i’m still under 15 or around there but under ten seems tough starting at the weight you mentioned.

Good job regardless, how tall are you and post a picture as well.

pictures!!

good job man.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
good job i started about the same weight in 2006 and now weigh 206lbs at night (heaviest time of the day).

You say you are under 10%BF at 196 coming up from 145lbs, i find this hard to believe. i’m still under 15 or around there but under ten seems tough starting at the weight you mentioned.

Good job regardless, how tall are you and post a picture as well.[/quote]

It’s very possible. It’s all genetics. Look at Gerdy.
I wish I could gain lean weight like that. I’m probably around 15% too, but I’m nearing 230. I guess it’s bad in the short run and good in the long.

This was over a span of about 2-3 years going from not lifting and jumping into weighlifting. I used to box for fitness a few years back so i was always lean and my weight stayed down until i started pushing some iron around. Most of my gains came real quick just adding whey protein and going from eating 2-3 times a day to eating a ton to feed my muscles. My BF might be more around 10-15% range because I haven’t taken it in a while but i’ll look into that soon. My roommates a photo student so il try to get him to put his camera to good use.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions guys.

Also, I just started DC training and I’ve gotten through a couple weeks and love the strength and size coming from it. My question to anyone who has trained this way is if they just used 2 A and B days, or 3 A and B days. I am currently doing 3 different workouts for each A and B day but i feel like this wont be enough time to set new records and beat them in the next blast. Seeing as i’d only do each exercise about 3-4 times per blast.

200 is near man, if you can set a higher goal, maybe 220.

[quote]Everlast9489 wrote:
Also, I just started DC training and I’ve gotten through a couple weeks and love the strength and size coming from it. My question to anyone who has trained this way is if they just used 2 A and B days, or 3 A and B days. I am currently doing 3 different workouts for each A and B day but i feel like this wont be enough time to set new records and beat them in the next blast. Seeing as i’d only do each exercise about 3-4 times per blast. [/quote]

Do the program as listed. It is plenty, trust me.

yeah dude i feel ya. in high school i was around 140 @ 6’1’', then i added 15 lbs before college started, and became a “swole” 155. throughout college i made it up to around 185, and floated between 175-185. this past summer i made a commitment to get huge, and went from 175@15% to 208@17% over the course of 12 weeks.

this past fall i cut back down to 187 @ 11% bf, and now I’m back up to 204 @ 14.5% bf. my next goal is 220-225, which I should get by May, so I totally know what its like to break through barriers. you can do it, you just gotta be ULTRA meticulous with eating enough and working your ass off. you got it!

[quote]Artem wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:

I wish I could gain lean weight like that. I’m probably around 15% too, but I’m nearing 230. I guess it’s bad in the short run and good in the long.[/quote]

Ooh yeah, I second that statement. Gerdy looks at an elliptical and could get down to low single digits. Bastard. It all boils down to the individuals make-up.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Artem wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:

I wish I could gain lean weight like that. I’m probably around 15% too, but I’m nearing 230. I guess it’s bad in the short run and good in the long.

Ooh yeah, I second that statement. Gerdy looks at an elliptical and could get down to low single digits. Bastard. It all boils down to the individuals make-up. [/quote]

thats actually my cardio…I find an elliptical and I find the pertiest girl on the eliptical…then I go talk to her…best way to get abz for sho. lol It increases testosterone and if the convo is good enough I get in my target heart rate too. LOL

230 Artem…f*ck dood your not stopping growing are you? lol good job dood :wink:

and to think…less than a yr ago you were like what…150-160lbs lol

good job dood props to you…

Great work, when you hit 200 you should post some pics.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

Good job regardless, how tall are you and post a picture as well.[/quote]

I’m 5’10" and im going to get some pics done this weekend possibly

good job man! I had a similar road to where I am now. I was THE skinniest and weakest kid in high school… In fact people used to ask me if they could open my coke bottle for me as a joke… I’m 225lbs and hopefully still growing and getting stronger… Now, I’m the biggest and strongest amongst all my friends… :slight_smile: .keep up the good work man!!

[quote]ebraunschweiler wrote:
good job man! I had a similar road to where I am now. I was THE skinniest and weakest kid in high school… In fact people used to ask me if they could open my coke bottle for me as a joke… I’m 225lbs and hopefully still growing and getting stronger… Now, I’m the biggest and strongest amongst all my friends… :slight_smile: .keep up the good work man!![/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement man. It feels great not being the smallest kid outta your friends anymore huh? Most of my friends were bigger than me too. but i love going home for summer vacation and having all my friends say “Wow dude your getting fuckin big, i remember when…” its just a great feeling. Im definately not stopping anytime soon.

Great job man, now keep on goin…

[quote]Everlast9489 wrote:
ebraunschweiler wrote:
good job man! I had a similar road to where I am now. I was THE skinniest and weakest kid in high school… In fact people used to ask me if they could open my coke bottle for me as a joke… I’m 225lbs and hopefully still growing and getting stronger… Now, I’m the biggest and strongest amongst all my friends… :slight_smile: .keep up the good work man!!

Thanks for the encouragement man. It feels great not being the smallest kid outta your friends anymore huh? Most of my friends were bigger than me too. but i love going home for summer vacation and having all my friends say “Wow dude your getting fuckin big, i remember when…” its just a great feeling. Im definately not stopping anytime soon. [/quote]

Yep, sure does feel good getting complements like that… i was out the other night and one of my friends was like “dude, what the hell is goin on… ur arms are freakin huge”… then everyone started talkin about it and askin me questions and a few of the girls were like “can i touch them, wow theyre huge…” hehe… gotta love it… :slight_smile: