My road to 1500

21-2-17
Deload
Bench

Band pullaparts between warmups

Bench 20kg 2x10, 60kg 2x10, 80kg x8, 100kg x6, 120kg 5x3

Decline Press machine 40kg x10, 45kg x10, 50kg x10, 55kg x10, 60kg x5

Inc Press machine 50kg 3x8

Left it there today, after a bad nights sleep and a long day at work I was tired as hell! Decided to just come home and relax!

2 Likes

23-2-17
Deload
Lower

Front squat 20kg 2x8, 50kg x8, 80kg 5x5

Leg ext 4x15
Wide stance leg press 4x10
BB rows 3x10
CG pulldowns 4x12
Calf raises 4x25

Last deload session tonight, 3 solid days rest then I’m doing a mock meet on monday with a couple of the guys to see where we are! Not taking anything to 100% but things will be getting heavy!

Been to a sports masseuse after training tonight as I’ve been having a few niggles and pains! Short version is I’ve got tight Pec Minors with a build up of scar tissue in my right side, possibly had a couple of minor strains that’ve gone un-noticed. Had that worked through and I’ve got some stretches to help loosen my chest / shoulders up.

My SI join was also way out of line, heavily tilted to one side. Thats now been repositioned back where it should be, but god damn did it hurt!! It actually feels slightly weird to walk now, shouldn’t take long to adjust though!

Have a good weekend guys n gals, my next post will be after my mock meet, hopefully with some good footage of a couple new PRs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any predictions for your lifts?

I’d like to hit a 220 squat, my current PB is 230 but that was pre injury and I’ve only squatted a handful of times over the last 4 months, but I feels it’s still there!

I’d like to think a 145 Bench is there with how easy 135 has moved the last couple of times I’ve hit it, and anything over a 240 deadlift! 235 is my comp PB and I’ve hit 240 in the gym like once or twice, but that seems to have been my plateau for what feels like forever!

2 Likes

27-2-17
Mock meet

Loads of stretching, foam rolling, band pullaparts.

I wont list all my warmup reps, just my work sets.

Squat: 212.5kg x1, 222.5kg x1, 232.5kg x1

Bench: 135kg x1, 142.5kg x1, 147.5kg fail

Deadlift: 235kg x1, 247.5kg x1, 252.5kg fail

Really happy with how things went, hit a PR on all 3 lifts! My 3rd bench stalled about 3-4 inches off my chest, and my 3rd deadlift just wouldn’t move off the floor, I had nothing left by the end!

Anyways, heres a video of squat 3, bench 2 and deadlift 2!

5 Likes

Sick Deadlift man, way to fight through when you must of been DRAINED!!!

Sick PRs too!

1 Like

Don’t forget you probably did your lifts quite a bit faster than a meet would be like 2 hours between squat and dead. I assume you were quicker than that.

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Cheers man. Yea I was finished at that point!

I think we had about a half hour of getting stretched off etc, then we were around 2 hours from starting to warm up on squats to finishing, so we got through it in a decent time. Squats seems to take forever to get through, then the rest didn’t take long at all!

1 Like

1-3-17

Stretch / band dislocations

Squat 60kg 2x5, 100kg x5, 120kg x5, 150kg 5x10

Deadlift 100kg x1, 140kg x1, 180kg x1, 225kg x3, 160kg 2x10

DB Shrugs 35kg 3x15
Calf Raises 8 plates 4x12
Paused Leg Press 180kg 3x8
CG Pulldowns 12 plates 4x12

5x10 squats is the devil, I almost died!! My lower back and legs were pumped like crazy!

225kg on the deadlift moved the best it ever has, so I’m really pleased with that! The 2x10 back off sets left my lower back on fire! Reset between every rep and just pulled them as fast as I could!

First set of squats, and triple on deadlift:

1 Like

3-3-17
Bench

Band pullaparts

Bench 60kg 2x5, 80kg x5, 100kg x5, 125kg 5x5

Decline Press machine 45kg 3x10
DB Fly 15kg 2x10
Tri Pressdown 8 plates 3x10

Short session today ready to get back into things next week.

I think I’ve got a slight pec / front delt strain or something. I’ve got no issues Benching, but dumbells cause me a little pain on the front of my right shoulder, going to try work it out this weekend with a Lacrosse ball, see if it helps at all

Last set from todays bench:

1 Like

Cheers for following my log guys, its been a pleasure to meet you all!

Felt a crack in my hip today with a whopping 80kg on the bar, and now I cant bring my knee to my chest and it causes pain to drive, so for now, I’m done!

Bugger. Best of luck recovering.

2 Likes

Probably doesn’t need to be said but you should get it checked out sooner rather than later

3 Likes

Seeing a physio Thursday. Pain has eased off a lot but theres still a little stiffness and i cant fully bring my knee up to my chest! Fingers crossed its something and nothing, cuz I was proper down in the dumps last night when I did it. Stupid how something like that can make you feel so bad :confused:

1 Like

Not in the slightest. We put so much of ourselves into this, probably second only to family in many cases, that anything jeopardising our pursuit of strength is a right kick in the goolies.

3 Likes

Thats exactly where it is for me, 2nd on the list right under family!

My problem is when I hurt myself, I immediately remember how badly it effected me last time with needing surgery and being misdiagnosed for 2 years that i over react to it!

In reality its probably not as bad as I think and just that SSB squats arent really doable atm, with the body more upright its just extra strain on the hips (or felt to be)

1 Like

Well, see how you go and all being well it’s just a niggle. Could be overuse maybe, or tightness. When you’re all fixed you might want to do more single leg work. I find split squats are a great hip opener once you’re used to how much they suck.

1 Like

Im hoping so! Taking a full week off and a visit to physio on thursdsy, so ill see how i feel at the weekend

1 Like