My Rippetoe

Deadlift.
Lower back pain.

LR

Squat notes. This is how deep you should be.

LR

Squat notes, Foot position.

LR

Picture of correct squat form and position.

LR

ok, this does help a lot :slight_smile:
Thnx for the time ypu put into it, can use all the help I can get with this.

And the when deadlifting I’ll try to keep the bar closer to my shins then, this should be helping me out with the pain I feel sometimes.

Again thnx

ok, a quick update.

yesterday I did my squats while going lower and by putting my body more “under the bar”.
My balance improved and I could feel much more tension from the hamstring.

My Deadlifting needs more thrust from the hips when the bar passes my knees, but technique will improve.

thnx for the pointers and I’ll keep you posted.

Good work man, how much lbs/kgs are you adding to each lift, for each workout? The numbers are going up every workout right?

LR

Just skimmed through your log, but thought you might find this thread useful for squatting as it has links to many videos about correcting technique:

www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/a_dozen_exercises_for_squatters

Don’t worry about starting with lighter weights. Take time to get the technique right now and your back etc will thank you later.

ok my current numbers:

Deadlift: 176 pounds (keeping at this weight to focus on technique and not getting injured)
Squat: 170 pounds (keeping at this weight to focus on technique and not getting injured)
Benchpress: 132 pounds (pushing it up and now stabilizing and focusing on form)

Powerclean: 88 pounds
Military press: 80 pounds

I have been adding 4-8 pounds about every training, except for the heavy lifts.
I am trying to improve my technique and not getting injured.
And thnx for the link :slight_smile:

Hey be sure to keep us posted! I’m looking forward to seeing your progress!

Hey guys, after a week not being able to log in all that much here it comes.
I basicly had a lousy week, I have been focusing on getting my form right and I have lowered the weight on the squat by about 4-8 pounds to make sure I get the form better.

The benchpress has gotten more stable with the 132 pounds, same for the deadlift.
I have located the problem and it was indeed what London Runner said, the bar was going away from my shins to much. When keeping the bar close and doing a nice explosive moment I now feel no more lower back pain.

The military press and powerclean are still the same numbers too, I have had a long workweek and because of my MMA practices I have not been able to lift very well.

This week should be better and I will get my squat and Deadlift back up with the better form of going deeper into the squat.

Cya around :wink:

Hey guys,

I had a good workout today, I got a nice nights rest and I felt it throughout the day.
I have increased my powerclean by 8 pounds and the military press by 4 pounds.
Squats felt nice today I could fee a good contraction of the quads and calf area. Next workout I a going to try and push the squat up by 4 pounds, easy but steady way up :slight_smile:

Also did some acessory work in the form of ab workout.

Cya

Good work man. Keep pushing!

How are the deadlifts coming along?

LR

I’ll tell you tomorrow, last time I did them I did not feel anymore pain in the lower back by making a more explosive movement and by keeping the bar closer to my shins. Instead of swinging the bar away like you said :slight_smile:

deadlift went well this time, so did the squats after pushing up the weight by 4 pounds.
Benchpress finally got nice and stable so I am satisfied by that too.
All in all good lifting day.

Nice work man. BTW, where are you in the world?

LR

I love right across the Canal, in Belgium.

had a hard lifting day today, but my squat never felt that good.
A nice “burn” into the hamstring area.

My bench was hard but that was because of my mma practice.

Good work man. I’m guessing the weight lifting is after MMA sessions?

LR

Can you post some new videos?