My Review of NPP-8 Week Cycle

As I am currently coming to the end of 8 weeks on NPP, I thought I would throw up a review on it. This is the second compound I have used beyond test cypionate/suspension. I’ve been competing in powerlifting for seven years now, at the moment only benching. I did 450@220 raw bench in May of 2017, and am gunning for 500 hopefully soon.

Beginning Stats: Before starting NPP, I was holding 223 lbs. on 750mg. test cypionate per week, somewhere between 14 and 20% bodyfat if I had to guess. I elected to throw in NPP at 600mg a week, injected 100 mg. ED except Sunday. I was looking for additional hypertrophy and possible joint/tendon pain relief, as this was an issue for me over the summer.

Positive Effects/Timeframe: NPP kicked in fast. I noticed visual differences by day 10, in terms of much increased fullness in the pecs and roundness of delts. This effect has continued to this day-pecs, traps, delts look wayyyy better than on test alone. Seemed to even improve quad sweep somehow, which is cool. Gym performance didn’t seem to be any different. I did not notice the purported joint pain relief aspects, which was disappointing. Contrary to popular opinion, nandrolone did not have a negative effect on libido. If anything, the combination of test and nandro had a synergistic effect on libido-it was greater than on test alone. Never had any problems whatsoever with sexual performance.

Negative Effects: After about 4 weeks, water retention became an issue. As my weight began to increase, there was very clearly a film of water which covered my abs and chest. So the visually appealing effects don’t last as the water comes in. I was not able to fight the water either through AI, prolactin control, diet, etc. It just comes with the territory.

Additional Drugs- When I added nandrolone to my test, I increased my Arimidex dosage from 1mg twice weekly to 1mg 3 times a week. Nandrolone does aromatize on its own, and some believe that 19-nor compounds make the body hyper-sensitive to estrogen problems. I used the P5P version of B6 to combat prolactin issues, but to be honest no such problems ever occurred. I had pramipexole on hand, but did not use it.

Overall Impression: I think NPP is a good drug. It’s very easy to use, improves the aesthetic quality of the body (for a while), and definitely builds muscle beyond test alone. My bodyweight moved from 223 all the way up to 240 even, and I don’t think I added any fat at all-but there was a ton of water. I can say that the rapid weight gain has made me more sluggish in day-to-day life. I also did not perceive any joint-pain relief effect. Everything that hurt before still hurts and I managed to bang up new stuff while on NPP.

Final Thoughts: NPP will get you bigger and fuller real quick. I like to think of this as the “Lex Luger” drug. If you remember what all the WWF guys looked like in the early '90s, big full pecs, round shoulders, but always carrying water over the muscle-that’s what this drug does. Negative side effects were minimal, for me at least. If I could get rid of the water and get some joint help, it would be a perfect drug-I would never come off. Moving forward, I’m going to try trenbolone for the next 8 weeks going into my next bench meet and then after that, perhaps EQ in the offseason.

Any questions, ask away.

Tren is freaking awesome but it does come with its own sides. Night sweats were the number one for me to the point of staining some perfectly good sheets. The constant hunger, drops in blood sugar, to name a few more.

Be careful if you give it a try. My wife will not let me use it anymore. Apparently it changed my temperament significantly.

1 Like

May have to hold off on trying anything new for a bit. Managed to jack up my left shoulder/pec/ something benching last night. No bruising or swelling, but it’s definitely going to keep me from putting anything on the bar. Have to hope it heals quickly.

I have to reiterate, I don’t feel like nandrolone did anything for my joint and tendon health. I get that it doesn’t make you indestructible, but I did not notice any improvement in that category; I had plenty of strains and pains.

Typically the effects from NPP or deca on joints aren’t seen unless the test dosage is kept low. Testosterone has the opposite effect on tendons as it downregulates collegan synthesis while nandrolone increases it. When I use nandrolone for collegan benefits I keep test at 200 or lower a week.

1 Like

I have a coach who runs 400test and 600npp a week. He loves it. I on the other hand have prolactin progesterone sides, or at least a sensitivity to them. I really want to run NPP deca but the side scare the fuck out of me. Especially Tren. The Nectar.

I run 2-300 mg a week of test and 450-600 deca when I use it. No issues.

Your a lucky man

Hey so speaking in terms of drugs fun, what do you think would be better in addition to what I listed above. I have dbol 20mg tabs 100 of them, sdrol 10mg tabs like 75 of them or throw Tren e 200mg 10mls of that. And I have some adrol about 14 50mg tabs I believe. When I used it last I only went up to 50mg Ed.
@physioLojik

I’m not sure if this will make any sense but I’m kinda going crazy… I had never tried NPP but was really excited based on all that I read. So:

Almost 8 weeks ago I started NPP w/Test, 100mg each EOD.

6 weeks in: Zippo! No response at all!

So, I wrote my guy, bewildered to be seeing NOTHING, and he said most guys run 600 NPP/week.

So I upped my dose to 200 NPP and 125 Test EOD.

It’s been two weeks of that, and I’ve actually LOST 2 lbs.!

My appetite has not increased and I’m stuffing myself with quality food, shakes etc… I don’t get it. I’m now wondering if the stuff is bogus. Does this make sense to anyone out there? Really frustrating!

I’m 5’9, 204 (or rather 202 as of today), pretty solid but don’t know BF%. I hear I look good but I don’t see it and was really hoping to at least hit 210 on this cycle. Now I don’t know if I should keep trying or just chuck it and assume I was had.

Any feedback would be most appreciated! Thanks!

You should be seeing results by now. And you should also be feeling them. If you’re getting nothing—no gains, no sides—then I’d venture that your gear is bunk.

1 Like

Have you tested your gear to ensure it’s real?

Thanks guys. I’m starting to believe it’s bunk because at that dosage I really think I should have felt SOMETHING. Hell, even some water retention would be something!

But… How does one get gear tested anyway?

There are some testing sites if you poke around various forums. I wouldn’t spend the money investigating though. You’re already eating the loss from the bunk gear, might as well leave it at that.

Iron is correct, if you check around you’ll find kits that allow you to test your gear at home. For the price of a 10ML bottle you’ll know for sure what you’ve got.

Yeah that’s what I’m feeling. Not sure it’s worth it. And, if it turns out the stuff is legit, then what?! Maybe I’m immune to NPP? lol. I wonder if that’s possible. Hmmm.

Actually just found this on Amazon (where else?):

Maybe worth it.

Then again maybe not… I just realized it doesn’t confirm the concentration of the AAS, only if it’s present. So, if the shit is super weak it wouldn’t do me any good anyway.

Toppy, how long from your last cycle? If you don’t give enough time off for your body to recover then it won’t grow regardless of what you put in it. I assume you have had enough time off but just to cover bases I asked.

Couple things to look at;

Do you have enough amino acids on your diet? Muscles need protein, amino acids and water to grow.
Did you actually significantly increase your food when you went on cycle? There is a Australian body builder Lee Priest and when they asked him about cutting he said he never really dieted he just increased cardio. Since you are running NPP which for some mythical not really easily explained reason is known to be a noticably better cutter vs Deca. They are both just nandrolone yet NPP is consistently rated as a better fat burner yet every other hormone that has a short and long ester is always rated the same for short and long. If you have not increased your food significantly then your body might just be using your food more efficiently kind of like when we were teenagers yet that food amount might not be enough to really move that scale a lot. Basically your body and metabolism might be going so fast that it is just able to keep the scale still as it burns fat. That more efficient usage of food and the fat lose does tend to fit with what I know about NPP. Provided you have more energy, strength and stamina.
I am not sure if I am making my thoughts clear and coherent. Nandrolone isn’t really known for improving your nutrient uptake but I think all AAS have it to some degree. Again think about teenage years we could eat shit and still be low body fat and full of energy.
It comes down to this, are you seeing better muscle tone, strength or stamina? If so then you might not be eating ENOUGH to gain on NPP because it is known as a good efficient cutter.

My instant alibi is AAS just make us more efficient. The gaining or cutting is determined by diet but certain ones do one or the other better.

Other than that like they said, might be bunk.

I was drafting what I wrote in a waiting room earlier and just finished. Didn’t see your comment on the at home test. From what I have read they really are not that reliable. There is another like minded website that let’s you share sources. It also has moderators constantly referring you to links in their posts selling all sorts of stuff. One of the links is to a at home test. I am not knocking them or the things they sell but it seems like a great way to make money while making money. Refer you to an approved site selling AAS them immediately remind you to make sure you are getting what you paid for by buying this nifty kit to test the AAS you just bought from their other link. And the tests cost as much as a cycle! That is if you have a good source and like to stack thus necessitating the multiple hormone test kit.

Thanks so much now_i_care! I really appreciate your insights!

It had been 2 months since my last cycle which, come to think of it, I didn’t get much from either. Same source, but it was Tren/Test.

I’m also on prescribed Test, 200mg/wk, so on cycle I generally double that and add the other compound.

On this current cycle (which I’m thinking I’m just gonna stop now and give up on), I consciously increased my caloric and protein intake. I also FELT like I was getting stronger but you can never tell if that’s all in your head or what.

But, I don’t think my body recomped muscle and fat - I think I look exactly the same. Actually a friend said, off the cuff the other day after I returned from a short vacation, “Welcome home! Hey it looks like you lost muscle mass!”

I almost clocked him but he’s a good friend, but not a gearhead and, I suspect, a little jealous. lol.

The only reason I have a hard time believing it’s bunk stuff is this guy seems to be popular so I wonder how he could sell crap and word not get around. I’m not sure I can post what his company name is here but it would be interesting to see if anyone has heard of him. Is that allowed? He asks for bumps on boards so I guess people talk about him.

I have a few thoughts tat may or may not contribute to the discussion.

1. You mentioned your previous cycle was Tren/Test; unless you were running small doses you should have expected to have at least felt the effects of the Tren in terms of crazy gains in strength (again, unless your gear was bunk and/or your doses were low). Your Tren should have been yellow, almost honey colored.
  2. You said that you’re currently running NPP/Test at 600/375 wk. Before you dump the cycle try upping your Test to something higher (e.g. 500mg or 750mg wk).
  3. I still think that a test kit in cases like this are warranted. Otherwise I assume you’re going to stop using your current source (who you say everyone is happy with) because his product is fake (when it may not be). Unless he’s the cook he may actually want to know this information so he can straighten out his source. For women it makes even more sense to test the gear since no woman with any sense is going to want to be popping Dbol tabs that are supposed to Var.
  4. FYI I beleive the link you posted was for a ‘refill’ portion of an overall larger kit that should have some extra components.