T Nation

My Review of HOT-ROX Extreme!

Alright I got my ZMA, HOT-ROX, and Grow! in the mail earlier this week, and his my critique so far.

HOT-ROX Extreme- As a long time (5 years off and on) ephadarine taker(lost 55 pounds) I was very skeptic about HOT-ROX, as I had taken other thermos without ephadarine and never felt a thing. I must say I regret not knowing about the pill 5 years ago.

For those who have not tried it, I say muster up the extra cash and buy a bottle. After 30 minutes to sometimes an hour of taking the pill I am alert, no jitters, my head is more clear, and I seriously feel like I can tackle what ever the day gives me.

Before this HOT-ROX I relied on energy drinks when not on ephadarine, and with both after wearing off(if feelling anything at all) I was so dead tired my work ethic, exercise ethic all went down the tubes. With HOT-ROX I seriously lead the way at work, yesterday went in for over time with no complaints.

My workouts have been great, no yawning at the gym, and defianatly not as much fatigue.
I am very glad I found this thermo as one time I had to go to the ER due to cutting my hand. About an hour before I took lipodrene(contains ephadarine). Well they took my blood pressure then it was at 194(I am sure some this was also stress and anxiety related). After seeing that however I quit taking and never found another suppliment to takes its place, until now.

The only down side I to this pill is the raspberry burps I get for the first half hour, but they taste great.
So to conclude this is a great supp to start taking. I am doing to help lose a few extra lbs, but also I will continue to take it for the amount of energy it gives me, along with the great mood.

How I take it depending on the day as I work 3 jobs.
Wake up at 9am pop 2. 9 40 protein and 10 breakfast.

Then around 4 or 5 I pop 2 more then wait almost an hour to put anything on the tummy…

I think it’s too early to tell about the lipid loss, but I’ve got none of the clear head or alertness or confidence I hear about with HRX from others.

Today I took two in the morning and then two cans of Spike later in the day. I certainly felt stimulated, but nothing special, no different than 3 or 4 cups of strong coffee. Considering the warnings on the labels of these products one might expect to die. This stuff is not happy pills or meditation or cocaine. Both of these products feel only slightly different from drinking coffee in my experience.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
I think it’s too early to tell about the lipid loss, but I’ve got none of the clear head or alertness or confidence I hear about with HRX from others.

Today I took two in the morning and then two cans of Spike later in the day. I certainly felt stimulated, but nothing special, no different than 3 or 4 cups of strong coffee. Considering the warnings on the labels of these products one might expect to die. This stuff is not happy pills or meditation or cocaine. Both of these products feel only slightly different from drinking coffee in my experience. [/quote]

The warnings are on there because every person’s tolerance is different.

I do one HRX capsule in the morning and one 6 hours later. If I tried to combine even that with Spike Shooter, I’d die.

Wow man, that’s pretty low tolerance. Do you have a heart condition or something?

I understand, I’ve used pretty large doses of coffee among other things for a long time now, so I’m pretty used to stimulants. But really, how much more fat burning potential does this stuff have compared to black unsweetened coffee?

And SvDave, do you mean ephedrine or are you talking something else?

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
Wow man, that’s pretty low tolerance. Do you have a heart condition or something?

I understand, I’ve used pretty large doses of coffee among other things for a long time now, so I’m pretty used to stimulants. But really, how much more fat burning potential does this stuff have compared to black unsweetened coffee?[/quote]

Much more fat burning potential. But I agree that it’s not all that much more stimulatory. That is a good thing.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:

I understand, I’ve used pretty large doses of coffee among other things for a long time now, so I’m pretty used to stimulants. But really, how much more fat burning potential does this stuff have compared to black unsweetened coffee?[/quote]

Or… you’ve fried your adrenal glands from years of over use of stimulants. Same thing happened to me. HRX is good for fatloss, but does nothing for me from a stimulant standpoint. I can take two HRX, drink a Spike Shooter later on, and even down one of those stupid “5 Hour energy” drinks and still lay down and take a nap if I want to with no problem. Of course most of that is related to the fact I have three young children and sleep like shit at night, but I digress…

For those new to this HRX is the real deal. That’s all that needs to be said.

Yeah, too much stimulation certainly makes me feel shitty and anxious, I really need to cut the coffee out. I’m just a night owl who has to get up early in the morning so I feel pretty shitty without it.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

I understand, I’ve used pretty large doses of coffee among other things for a long time now, so I’m pretty used to stimulants. But really, how much more fat burning potential does this stuff have compared to black unsweetened coffee?

Or… you’ve fried your adrenal glands from years of over use of stimulants. Same thing happened to me. HRX is good for fatloss, but does nothing for me from a stimulant standpoint. I can take two HRX, drink a Spike Shooter later on, and even down one of those stupid “5 Hour energy” drinks and still lay down and take a nap if I want to with no problem. Of course most of that is related to the fact I have three young children and sleep like shit at night, but I digress…

For those new to this HRX is the real deal. That’s all that needs to be said.[/quote]

I’m thinking that I have burned out my adrenal glands. If I lay off the caffeine will they return to normal on their own or will I have to take additional measures?

Also I use ginseng. I’ve read that ginseng has been found to promote muscle growth and of course stimulates in a different way than caffeine and most other stimulants. Is there any downside to using ginseng? Does it also affect the adrenal glands?

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
I’m thinking that I have burned out my adrenal glands. If I lay off the caffeine will they return to normal on their own or will I have to take additional measures?

Also I use ginseng. I’ve read that ginseng has been found to promote muscle growth and of course stimulates in a different way than caffeine and most other stimulants. Is there any downside to using ginseng? Does it also affect the adrenal glands?[/quote]

There was an article a while back on how to repair your adrenal glands. Do a search. I can’t say that it works as I never tried it. I figure until I can get a solid 8 hours a sleep per night (maybe after my kids go to college) then I’ll look into it, since I recall that was the #1 thing you needed to do. I will say besides the before mentioned products, I intake no other forms of caffeine and still have issues.

I have little knowledge on the ginseng deal but would be skeptical if anyone said it promoted muscle growth. I do recall reading something about ginseng preventing oxidation of muscle tissue during times of stress, but do not recall if that has any effect positive or negative.

Well, I’ve been using HRX for going on 7 weeks now, and I can tell you from my experience at least that it works VERY well for fat loss–very noticible loss of body fat WITHOUT any loss of body weight, yes, the holy grail of bodybuilding! Seriously, this stuff works, I’m very impressed.

I, too, am somewhat sensitive to stimulants, and I definitely get a little jacked from 2 caps of HRX, but nothing I can’t handle. I also get these hot rushes that sometimes last for quite awhile–I love it, as I know this is a sign of thermogenesis at work.

Of course, everyone has different tolerances to stimulants, so HRX may not be that stimulatory for you, but that’s really not its purpose.

Crowbar

Yeah, I’m beginning to accept that I don’t need to be speeding balls to burn fat.

Also I’ve read that cardio first thing in the morning before eating is optimal due to lack of glycogen. HRX would be especially effective during this, right? By doing this am I risking too much catabolism?

I started using HOT-ROX Extreme about four days ago, and my appetite is through the roof. I don’t get it, but I’ve never had such strong cravings for food. Not for junk food, but just more of my normal food choices like eggs, veggies, meat, etc. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or what. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I’ve ruled out other possible culprits- my activity levels have stayed the same, sleep patterns are the same, no other big changes. My hunger pangs have seemed to calm down today, hopefully that continues.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
Also I’ve read that cardio first thing in the morning before eating is optimal due to lack of glycogen. HRX would be especially effective during this, right? By doing this am I risking too much catabolism?[/quote]

The opinion on this one changes more often than Paris Hilton’s STD creme… I think today it’s still an ok strategy, but certainly not optimal.