My 'Revelation' About Training

That picture was not part of the set I posted on this site with my original handle. It came from a BB.com thread that was made around 2004.

That would make it over 4 years old, not 3.

This degenerate has had a picture of me as a teenager sitting on his hard-drive for 4 years.

Now you know why I don’t upload my photos.

You guys were pretty desperate to cry troll on this thread.

Well, now you’ve got yourselves a real, live one. And you can have him. I’m done.

The last thing I’m going to do is post a more recent photo in order to salvage my reputation. I made it real small so that you could all zoom in on my ass. Enjoy.

What reputation? You’re about as skinny as you were then but with a different pose! Lets see, you have no thickness, no spinal erectors, your arms are non existent…and well, you get the point. Was this supposed to make a difference in how we perceived you?
I will not post your gym location and identity on this thread as I promised. I will wait for you to resurface with a new identity…

And hey, I thought you were going to IGNORE me? How did you see my post?

just found this:

vnboards.ign.com/Boards/Message.aspx?brd=5157&topic=105220824&page=2
post #6

"WHEN doesn’t val get owned, he is the allerous shades of the TD IGN bb! "

1. Allerious Shades
    Person that played Asheron’s Call in the servers Thistledown and Darktide. Hated and Feared by all. Usually the victim of idiotic board polls and flamers on the VN boards.

–and on a BB thread

“Laughed” out of T-Nation? I got banned from T-Nation (even though I still have an account there, shh) Those same idiots who were supposedly “laughing” at me on the boards were simultaneously bitching and whining CONSTANTLY to the mods about my “unfair and inflammatory” posts. This at a time when it was S.O.P. to have the entire board shelling out personal attacks against me left and right. Naturally, I never ran off and whined to the mods then, and I haven’t on this board, either - despite recieving the same kind of treatment.

–this is looking like the internets biggest troll ever. He is EVERYWHERE.

I love it.

EDIT:

on comments. haha/

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
See, what you guys are having a very hard time understanding is that I don’t “choose” to be extraordinarily perceptive and right any more than the majority of you choose to be thick numbskulls.

We’re given certain talents at birth (or not) and we have to live with those talents, like it or not.

The biggest crime I’ve committed here has not been my refusal to “admit that I’m wrong”, as some of you claim

A couple pages ago I pointed out that, among the most respected contributors to this forum, no one has “admit to being wrong” on anything.

For instance, Rainjack and Prof X are two highly arrogant, brash individuals who will NEVER admit to being wrong on anything. Certainly not on an internet forum, and probably not in real life, either.

So don’t come after me with the cannard that I’m too “arrogant”. That is a strawman. Everyone here is arrogant and you know that very well.

What’s my crime, then? Nothing, other than the fact that I have the audacity to articulate my beliefs and never back down.

Instead of posting snippets, I post essays. Instead of retorting to flames, I retort to logic.

That’s my one true crime.

Think about it. I’m identical to you in every other way besides the fact that I happen to hold very strong opinions and have the ability to write essays in defense of them.

Aside from that, I’m just another arrogant bastard. Like Charles Poliquin. Like Professor X. Like Rainjack. Like Vegita.

[u]Same as the rest of you.[/i][/quote]

Do you need a tissue and a moment?

[/quote]
post it here
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/crunches_not_required
similar development.

That picture was not part of the set I posted on this site with my original handle. It came from a BB.com thread that was made around 2004.

That would make it over 4 years old, not 3.

This degenerate has had a picture of me as a teenager sitting on his hard-drive for 4 years.

Now you know why I don’t upload my photos.

You guys were pretty desperate to cry troll on this thread.

Well, now you’ve got yourselves a real, live one. And you can have him. I’m done.

The last thing I’m going to do is post a more recent photo in order to salvage my reputation. I made it real small so that you could all zoom in on my ass. Enjoy.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp26/ladaem/mod.jpg[/quote]

Hey Nom,
I’m not sure that your ‘revolutionary’ approach to training is working out for you all that well. You look a lot smaller in the second pic. I can’t figure out why.

You might want to stop trying to use yoga and marathon running as muscle building exercises for starters, though.

Also, judging by the first pic, you need to bring the rest of your body up to your ears. There’s definitely an imbalance there.

P.S. I tried zooming in on your ass -
it’s still non-existent. You’re such a tease!

You know, everyone is bashing him for the results he’s gotten. I think he’s gotten pretty decent results. Sure as far as bodybuilding goes, his development is non-existent, but other than that from the pictures it looks like he has a decent body.

But this just goes to show that results dont mean knowledge. Here you have IMO a trainer that has gotten decent results at building muscle and getting lean, but is a complete moron when it comes to knowledge and reasoning. This is how it all starts. He gets some followers that think he knows the “secret” to getting big, or lean, and before you know it, we are back to spot reduction and 8-minute abs.

Ive said it before. There are a ton of things that can work, and so many factors that go into building muscle that you could do everything right and get minimal results, while another person could do everything wrong and get great results. Sure you can say that results are all that matters, but if you are trying to compare different programs, you cant judge their effectiveness based on results due to individual differences.

1. Dude. the guy has NO development.
  2. If the average gym goer strips away 15-20 pounds of fat and water, he would look a lot better.
  3. Al looks about the SAME as 4 years back but got a little thicker due to the transition from a 16 year old frame to a 20 year old. End of story. appens to anyone who grows older…kinda like he mentioned.
  4. He does not have good development for anything other than a marathon runner.
  5. look at the link dubya posted, you’ll see a comparable level of development. if you’re happy with that, then awesome - but don;t mention him in the bb forum as having gotten “decent results”. Please.

[quote]dankid wrote:
I think he’s gotten pretty decent results.

Here you have IMO a trainer that has gotten decent results at building muscle and getting lean[/quote]

Sorry OP. You are not jacked relative to several years ago. You’re doing something wrong. Please reassess your methods and come back when you have gained substantial mass. Until then, good luck on your journey to muscledom.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I can’t believe Bill Roberts even attempted to refute you with a thinly veiled ad hominem. Shows how utterly lost people can be to make logical arguments against sound reasoning.[/quote]
You did not understand.

I pointed out a statement in his post which was quite wrong and showed complete lack of understanding.

That I did not add to it the reasons why it is quite wrong is because probably 99% of those reading already are completely aware of it.

There was no ad hominem attack. Rather, I followed it with a sarcastic statement that reflected how extremely unknowledgeable the quoted statement was.

As to why I didn’t respond yet further, it’s because nothing merited it. Which could raise the question of how even the statement quoted merited it: it did not, but I found it amusing. As for the rest, it didn’t get my interest in any way.

Apparently it got yours, or was even found credible by you, but tastes and judgment vary I suppose.

I dont see his original pic, only the new one

[quote]dankid wrote:
I dont see his original pic, only the new one[/quote]

The first pic is about two thirds of the way down page six, posted by tribunaldude (many thanks for that!).

[quote]dankid wrote:
You know, everyone is bashing him for the results he’s gotten. I think he’s gotten pretty decent results. Sure as far as bodybuilding goes, his development is non-existent, but other than that from the pictures it looks like he has a decent body.[/quote]

The reason he is getting bashed is because he thinks that he is mentally and physically light-years ahead of everyone else. His posts and photos clearly prove otherwise.

Here’s what he said earlier in this thread:

“the only reason I make threads (or post at all) is to prove my superiority over others by defeating their arguments?”

Are those the words of someone prepared to learn, trade knowledge and engage in rational discussions? All NP wants to do is impose his bone-headed opinions on everybody else. When nobody wants to play his games, he pulls a tantrum, or threatens to put them on his dreaded ignore list, only to keep posting responses to the unfortunate ‘ignoree’.

It’s all pure, unadulterated attention seeking. Quite frankly he’s not worth wasting the attention on (unless it’s for a spot of comic relief).

His bubble needs to be burst for his own good. Many people have tried to tell him that his arguments aren’t as watertight as he thinks, but as usual, they are fools for even entertaining the possibility that he could be wrong.

I’m convinced that there is a serious personality flaw behind all this.

If this is more than just an internet persona, then he needs to seek urgent professional help to resolve these issues before they spill over into other avenues of his life.

That is, if they haven’t already. I can’t see how anybody can conduct themselves like this in real life without getting lynched…

[quote]roybot wrote:
dankid wrote:
I dont see his original pic, only the new one

The first pic is about two thirds of the way down page six, posted by tribunaldude (many thanks for that!).

dankid wrote:
You know, everyone is bashing him for the results he’s gotten. I think he’s gotten pretty decent results. Sure as far as bodybuilding goes, his development is non-existent, but other than that from the pictures it looks like he has a decent body.

The reason he is getting bashed is because he thinks that he is mentally and physically light-years ahead of everyone else. His posts and photos clearly prove otherwise.

Here’s what he said earlier in this thread:

“the only reason I make threads (or post at all) is to prove my superiority over others by defeating their arguments?”

Are those the words of someone prepared to learn, trade knowledge and engage in rational discussions? All NP wants to do is impose his bone-headed opinions on everybody else. When nobody wants to play his games, he pulls a tantrum, or threatens to put them on his dreaded ignore list, only to keep posting responses to the unfortunate ‘ignoree’.

It’s all pure, unadulterated attention seeking. Quite frankly he’s not worth wasting the attention on (unless it’s for a spot of comic relief).

His bubble needs to be burst for his own good. Many people have tried to tell him that his arguments aren’t as watertight as he thinks, but as usual, they are fools for even entertaining the possibility that he could be wrong.

I’m convinced that there is a serious personality flaw behind all this.

If this is more than just an internet persona, then he needs to seek urgent help to resolve these issues before they spill over into other avenues of his life.

That is, if they haven’t already. I can’t see how anybody can conduct themselves like this in real life without getting lynched… [/quote]

Ok I saw the picture again. At first it looks like he might have made some progress, but really its probably just the different pose. Also, he was really lean to start with, and so even a 10-15lb gain in muscle would look amazing. And we all know that when you are starting out, you can do just about anything in the gym and get results.

I was suggesting that we not bash him based on his physique though, because its not horrible, and that may be the look he’s going for. Also, like I said, this shows that how you look doesn’t necessarily determine what you know. And the comments started to diverge from how much of an idiot he was, to how skinny, or undeveloped he was. And I want to keep it on the fact that he is an idiot and not on his appearance.

For the sake of this thread, im going to give NP what he wants, and refute his points. I still think if he’s going to come on here and argue that he’s the shit, he better have some form of evidence or argument to back it up, other than “I am superior”. But i’ll play his game and refute his claims and then he can go crawl in a hole somewhere and cry.

Fair comments. I totally understand what you’re saying.

I also tried to engage with him sensibly, but I soon realized that, no matter how persuasive your argument is, NP simply will not allow himself to lose an argument.

When I tried to debate with him sensibly, he resorted to lying about what I had said and tried to dazzle me with his ‘indisputable’ logic.NP tries to stop you from refuting his points by using the same dirty tactics again and again:

1)Inventing false statements and attributes them to whoever is trying to debunk his ideas. His ‘opponent’ is so busy trying to defend themselves against these lies that it is impossible to address his theories head-on.

This of course is a deliberate move.

2)Includes so much irrelevant detail in his posts that again, it draws attention away from the subject at hand.

3)If all else fails, he’ll declare that you are of no consequence and claim to have put you on ignore, only to continue to respond to your posts (as in the case of tribunaldude).

This is a total cop-out. He’ll only play the game if the odds are stacked in his favour.I have experienced all of the above personally. If he denies it, I’ll post proof (using direct quotes, no paraphrasing or twisting of facts like he does).

He decided to post an open challenge to debunk his assertions, nobody forced him to do it. He should at least have the scruples to give people a fair chance to prove him wrong.

I wouldn’t be suprised if he writes out all of his arguments in advance, works out as many flaws as he can and just cuts and pastes them into his threads.

I’m going to go on out on a limb here and suggest that all the bashing was his own fault.

He has set himself up as some kind of messiah of personal training. In this thread alone, he compared himself to the likes of Chad Waterbury, Poliquin and Christian Thibaudeau and implied that his methods were in some ways superior to theirs.

You have raised a good point about an impressive physique not being an indication of great training knowledge, but NP has been quite vocal about his belief that he had both exceptional knowledge and an exceptional physique.

The basic fact is, if his theories were anywhere near as sound as he claims, his physique would be much more developed than it is, especially when there are four years difference between the photos.

If he was so great, the difference would have been far more striking. Even if he didn’t want to get any bigger, he still would’ve been able to bring up his imbalances: arms are an obvious weakness. His glutes are flat (that explains why he covered them up in his recent pic), his legs desperately need work as well.

People that think they know everything will never make great progress.

No fat housewive wants to learn how to do the big three lifts. They don’t need to squat 200 lbs, 100 lbs, or even 40 lbs.

Says who?

[/quote]

[quote]roybot wrote:

People that think they know everything will never make great progress.

[/quote]

That sentence right there should be the moral of this thread.

[quote]dankid wrote:

[/quote]

LOL!!!

On a bodybuilding forum, the laughs never stop.

Somewhere, there is a gardening forum where someone is writing, “sure, as far as gardening goes, his pumpkins are smaller than walnuts, but to people who don’t know how to grow things, it looks like a decent baby pumpkin.”

YAAAAY mediocrity!!

good troll is good

Bodybuilders are douchebags…

Holy-fucking-Christ-in-a-handbag!!!

What I love is the fact that someone who is completely honest about his beliefs gets bashed by a bunch of douchebag, internet bodybuilder fakes.

A young kid that knows a fuck-load more about training than some of the wannabes in these forums is getting bashed for posting some pretty interesting thoughts. Why hasn’t anyone made any arguments against those ideas other than, “you’re a troll?”

Posting a pic of someone who has clearly not developed the body of an old-ass, geared-out bodybuilder is not an argument against anything.

In fact, he’s got balls for posting the pic in the first place. None of you has any balls because you cannot even post your own ideas but rely on trashing someone else for theirs.

My opinon still stands. Nominal Prospect made a great generalization about how personal trainers should operate – that is as scientific as science gets. If this idea had been made by a regular writer on T-Nation it would have been hailed as genius by the same people who bash it.