My 'Revelation' About Training

This thread is about a revelation that occured to me. It is the two major types of clients and how to train them, in a nutshell. I hope you’ll like it.

Group 1: The Performance Oriented Crowd
Includes Pro Athletes, aspiring athletes, or dedicated recreational trainees

How to train them in a nutshell:
“Just get em’ strong”

Group 2: The Health/Aesthetics/No-clue-what-they-want crowd (i.e. everyone who doesn’t fall into group 1)[/u]

Includes housewives, coach potatoes, the terminally obese, weekend warriors, 99.8% of women, seniors, and all the types of people who usually buy personal training.

How to train them in a nutshell:
“Just get em’ lean and ripped”

You train the first group like powerlifters and the second group like bodybuilders.

Admittedly, I got the first method from strength coaches. However, the second part is my own. I think the two make a great pair. The first method works great on athletes, while the second method works great on everyone else.

And by bodybuilding training for normal people I mean doing lots of targetted isolation training on machines with high intensity intervals for fat loss.

but what if you are training a pro bodybuilder? You’d still train him for strength and not hypertrophy?!!

If someone who is “terminally obese” gets lean and ripped, wouldn’t that contradict the assertion that he/she is terminally obese?

You’re a PT?..

[quote]Artem wrote:
You’re a PT?..[/quote]

That’s actually the part that does NOT surprise me.

NP, I’m going to have to disagree

[quote]Seinix wrote:
NP, I’m going to have to disagree[/quote]

I disagree also.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Step 1: “Just get em’ strong”

Step 2: “Just get em’ lean and ripped”

There, fixed.

-Sab

How long did it take for this to occur to you? What’s next?

How about for Group 1: The Performance Oriented Crowd:

Improve performance?

[quote]Sabastian525 wrote:
Step 1: “Just get em’ strong”

Step 2: “Just get em’ lean and ripped”

There, fixed.

-Sab[/quote]

Or, this makes about as much sense:

Step 1: Collect underpants

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

I’m a 20 year old canfitpro certified personal trainer, and even I disagree with this.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
I’m a 20 year old canfitpro certified personal trainer, and even I disagree with this.[/quote]

lol’d

He’s been on a tear lately, obviously he’s just looking for attention

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
This thread is about a revelation that occured to me. It is the two major types of clients and how to train them, in a nutshell. I hope you’ll like it.

Group 1: The Performance Oriented Crowd
Includes Pro Athletes, aspiring athletes, or dedicated recreational trainees

How to train them in a nutshell:
“Just get em’ strong”

Group 2: The Health/Aesthetics/No-clue-what-they-want crowd (i.e. everyone who doesn’t fall into group 1)[/u]

Includes housewives, coach potatoes, the terminally obese, weekend warriors, 99.8% of women, seniors, and all the types of people who usually buy personal training.

How to train them in a nutshell:
“Just get em’ lean and ripped”

You train the first group like powerlifters and the second group like bodybuilders.

Admittedly, I got the first method from strength coaches. However, the second part is my own. I think the two make a great pair. The first method works great on athletes, while the second method works great on everyone else.

And by bodybuilding training for normal people I mean doing lots of targetted isolation training on machines with high intensity intervals for fat loss.[/quote]

LOLz

WAY TO GO CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

Your “revealation” has made it all so clear. I never thought of training people to get them stronger if they want to get stronger, and making them lean and ripped if they want to look better.

Shoot, I want to be a pro body builder, so I guess i’ll just train to get huge and ripped right? LMAO.

performance smormance; i want to keep getting bigger and stronger, i want to look good naked too. it’s a shame my athletic performance will have to be severely compromised by getting bigger and stronger. WTF?

[quote]
And by bodybuilding training for normal people I mean doing lots of targetted isolation training on machines with high intensity intervals for fat loss.[/quote]

No aspiring body builder would get big by doing targeted isolation training on machines.

OP: They are being really nice to you…

You missed the boat.

Broad sweeping categories are a bad idea.
Lumping everyone into two groups is even worse.

This is why Thibs so respected. From what I have gathered he is keenly aware that everyone is put together differently.

Everyones different. Some people need 30% protein, 40% carbs 30% fat. Some people need 10,000 calorie diets. Some need 70% protein 5% carbs 20%fat. Some people will have heart attacks if you give them a lot cholesterol. Some people will feel super awesome if you give them a lot of cholesterol. ect ect ect.

As with all things in life. You CANNOT know everything. You can always learn more. You will never know more then everyone else. If you think you know everything you will learn nothing.