T Nation

My Relative Strength Routine

Hi guys,

I’m new here but I was wondering whether you think my routine is ok. It is based upon bodyweight/ gymnastics moves. My goals are to achieve a straddle planche and front lever as well as their pushup/ pullup variations.

Mon: A1 Tuck planche (60 secs total)
A2 Tuck front lever (60 secs total)

B1 Tuck planche pushups
    B2 Tuck front lever pull-ups

Tues: A1 Tuck planche (60 secs total)

Pistols

Wed: A1 Tuck planche (60 secs total)

Pistols

Fri: A1 Tuck planche (60 secs total)

B1 Tuck planche pushups
    B2 Tuck front lever pull-ups

I rest 3 mins between every single superset, I alternate between training 6 days a week with lower volume per workout and training 3-4 days a week with a higher volume per workout. I stick to a rep scheme for a week e.g 5X3 and increase by one rep each set each week until I reach say 5X5. I will then have 3-4 days rest and move onto a harder exercise variation/ add weight.

I have read poliquin mentioning to reduce the volume every third workout so I may do this aswell.

Anyway any help and a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Has anyone read Modern trends in strength training by Charles Poliquin? Is it much different from the “Poliquin Principles”?

Thankyou. Rob

No offense, but this is not really the place to ask about routines like this. Gymnastics is cool, but few people here will be able to help you (I know I can’t).

I’ve done this type of workout myself in the absence of a gym to work out in.

It’s very effective, those two movements. Consider some handstand pressing work as well.

Good luck.

You might want to try adding in pull ups and dips. I’ve found pull ups key to helping me progress if my front lever stalls, same for dips->planche.