my quest for some

goldberg, can you clarify what exactaly you are talking about please?

i was just trying to be funny. it means if you cant see your veins you have too much bodyfat. its something poliquin said one time.

oh i see now. i can see my veins i just want MORE!

try shaving your ass, dion said it will work.

Veins=yuk
paul dillet makes me want to puke

Thunder,

I have to disagree/agree with you on a statement you made. You said that the vascularity seen from aas are not permanent. Well it may be true that they are not permanent for the rest of your life if you only do one cylce, they are VERY long lasting depending on what level of leaness you maintain after your cycle is over.
And in regards to fat loading I agree that it does definitaly bring out vascularity. The male clients that I diet all increase their vascuarity once I get them eating more fats. (Their usual diets are the typical BB no carb, stupidly high protein, no fat diets)

Whetu: Veins are sexy, not yuck. Paul D is a little extreme but still is impressive.

Cass

If you want some of the most extreme vascularity you’ve ever had, try incorporating Chad’s “100 Reps” into your training.

Back when I was doing this (using pushups) I had boner-worthy veins ALL day long.

Obviously it’s because performing multiple sets of 10-20 every so often will give you kind of a ‘mini-pump’ but it lasts pretty much all day.

I don’t know if it’s a result of that program or one of several others (or a combination) I’ve done since them, but I have to say I have become much more vascular overall.

Hope this helps.

Eating fat, and not carbs, is NOT fat loading.

thunder, so you are saying a succesful fat load will combine fat and carbs correct, such as with my imfamous Krispy kreme loading?

cass, we can swap forearms then. i would happily remove the veins on those fuckers.
i must say i dont mind the one token bicep vien and maybe the cobweb thing on the mid traps, but abs and pec veins… bluuuuuurrrrrkk

Thunder you have ay reason for the AAS comment? i would have thought the increase in valcularity would be permanent (provided the BF% was low enough to see, if ya know what i mean)

Woah, Whetu,

You’re assuming that I’m not vascular. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but since I’m only 7% body fat, I’m extremely veiny and I love it.

T-vixens with veins rule!

Here we go again with the body fat claims! 7% on a female is 2% on a male. Right!

wouldn’t some sessions following a 100 rep protocol do this? Hell, after a long training cycle with 5 reps being the top end switching it up and going to 15 as I recently did really helped local vascularity. I can’t imagine what 100 reps would do.

Thunder,

If you want to tell me that a DEXA machine is incorrect, go right ahead. But, since I work at the Univeristy beside a DEXA each day, then I have the access to get my bodyfat measured on one.
And yes, I was measured at 6.5% bodyfat on July 11/2003on a GE Lunar Prodigy High Speed Digital Fan Beam X-Ray Beased Bone Densitometer. It is very accurate. I even paid to have myself tested more than once because I didnt belive that I was that low. But repeated measures showed me that I was still that percentage.

Please dont be so quick to think I would lie about this.

Since you put this here, with more of an attitude, then you did in your PM to me, if you’re 6.5%, what do you think pro female competitor is at? 1%?

6.5%?? That’s absolutely impossible…unless you’re severely anorexic.

-Zulu

Cass has posted her photo all over this forum and I think T-mag put a couple of her in reader mail. Why not go check them out then criticise?

I have already. Hence my previous comments.

However, she never claimed to be 6.5% in those pictures … more around 9.5% I think.

She looks great, no doubt, but come on.

Thunder,

I realize my tone was snotty in this post, sorry.

In the reader mail letter I was measured at 9% bf while recently I was measured at 6.5%. As we exchenged in our PM, you probably are correct, and the latest measure may be wrong. Like I said, I will check out the reference standard they used and clarify it.

I’m not claiming to be leaner than any contest ready bodybuilding woman. That was not my objective. I was just trying to state that lean woman can be as vascualar as a man.

Please, I’m not trying to be a NeilG.

Fair enough.

Look into what predictive they use. I’m curious.