My Quest For a 100kg Snatch

I’m sure in Spain you can find a place, its Europe, they should have a gym or two around the area.

Work on general flexiblity with the hips and shoulders, then worry about the other parts.

Elite weightlifters are genetically predisposed to O-Lift heavy weights. Short arms and legs for their height and so. Plus they usually start training at like age 10 or earlier!

By sitting DOWN, I mean, not like a PL squat where you sit back.

[quote]romanaz wrote:
earlier!

By sitting DOWN, I mean, not like a PL squat where you sit back. [/quote]

*not like a WPO squat.

There’s more to powerlifting than what the majority of America would seem to see.

[quote]romanaz wrote:
I’m sure in Spain you can find a place, its Europe, they should have a gym or two around the area.

Work on general flexiblity with the hips and shoulders, then worry about the other parts.

Elite weightlifters are genetically predisposed to O-Lift heavy weights. Short arms and legs for their height and so. Plus they usually start training at like age 10 or earlier!

Actually,in LLoret Del Mar its some crappy fitness gym only.Crappy gyms in other places around.
Barcelona is 90 km away with rare train traffic.
Last summer I had to maintain my strength with Matt Furrey body weight training.

Lifestyle I have there is very unfriendly towards training of any kind.Working as a bouncer every night,drinking & drugging and chasing cheap girls on the beach in the morning,sleeping a few hours in the afternoon and repeating.

[quote]romanaz wrote:

Thanks a lot,mate!

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
My snatch technique is getting decent and I pull and squat about 160 kilos, so also work on the strength. Try to do more clean and snatch pulls instead of deadlifts[/quote]

Thats what I figured.My deadlift is very good compared to clean.Got to focus on clean.

Tonights training session

1.Power snatch=dozen sets of 3 with 50 kg
focus on technique,keeping it light

2.Barbell Lunges=5 sets of about 7-8 reps each leg with 60 kg

3.Bench press-worked up with triples to 100 kg,4 reps with 100 kg,droped to 90 kg and did 6 sets of triples

done in about an hour
left a lot of energy in the tank,because of hard work in the morning

[quote]BALBO wrote:
I have analyzed some numbers achieved by Elite weightlifters…

body weight=165 lb.
60 meters=7.6 sec
Snatch=310 lb.
Power clean=400 lb.
Front Squat=485 lb.
Back Squat=530 lb.

First thing I noticed is that these guys have two times stronger legs than I have.
So,I guess,without some serious deep squat numbers, snatching or c&jerking some seroius weight is not possible.[/quote]

What figure is that from?!

NO ‘elite’ lifter would have such a poor Snatch compared to his POWER CLEAN!

If he can PC 400lbs, he will at least C&J 430lbs+ easily. The Snatch will be at least 80% of that minimum 350lbs+ and the 80% is a VERY conservative number.

77kg class lifters ~ 169.4bs do 150-165Kg Snatch and C&J 185-205Kg. The upper end is pretty much World Class Elite for the current generation of lifters. Your still Elite if your hitting the lower end 150/185 @ 77kg!

If you work hard for and stay injury free, you should be able to do it within 2yrs :slight_smile:

Good luck and it is a rock solid Snatch to hit 100kg :slight_smile:

Koing

[quote]BALBO wrote:

3.Bench press-worked up with triples to 100 kg,4 reps with 100 kg,droped to 90 kg and did 6 sets of triples

done in about an hour
left a lot of energy in the tank,because of hard work in the morning[/quote]

Don’t PS. You’ll never Snatch 100kg if you do work at it like this. Learn to pull under the bar and do full Squat Snatch. This will give you better gains. It takes a ridiculous amount of power to PS 100Kg if your lightish. Much easier to get there if you full Snatch it.

[quote]BALBO wrote:
Kliplemet wrote:
My snatch technique is getting decent and I pull and squat about 160 kilos, so also work on the strength. Try to do more clean and snatch pulls instead of deadlifts

Thats what I figured.My deadlift is very good compared to clean.Got to focus on clean.[/quote]

Do Snatch and Clean pulls.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
BALBO wrote:
I have analyzed some numbers achieved by Elite weightlifters…

body weight=165 lb.
60 meters=7.6 sec
Snatch=310 lb.
Power clean=400 lb.
Front Squat=485 lb.
Back Squat=530 lb.

First thing I noticed is that these guys have two times stronger legs than I have.
So,I guess,without some serious deep squat numbers, snatching or c&jerking some seroius weight is not possible.

What figure is that from?!

NO ‘elite’ lifter would have such a poor Snatch compared to his POWER CLEAN!

If he can PC 400lbs, he will at least C&J 430lbs+ easily. The Snatch will be at least 80% of that minimum 350lbs+ and the 80% is a VERY conservative number.

77kg class lifters ~ 169.4bs do 150-165Kg Snatch and C&J 185-205Kg. The upper end is pretty much World Class Elite for the current generation of lifters. Your still Elite if your hitting the lower end 150/185 @ 77kg!

If you work hard for and stay injury free, you should be able to do it within 2yrs :slight_smile:

Good luck and it is a rock solid Snatch to hit 100kg :slight_smile:

Koing[/quote]

I think this data is about 10 years old.
I should assume that Top lifters improved a lot since then.

[quote]Koing wrote:
BALBO wrote:

done in about an hour
left a lot of energy in the tank,because of hard work in the morning

Don’t PS. You’ll never Snatch 100kg if you do work at it like this. Learn to pull under the bar and do full Squat Snatch. This will give you better gains. It takes a ridiculous amount of power to PS 100Kg if your lightish. Much easier to get there if you full Snatch it.

BALBO wrote:
Kliplemet wrote:
My snatch technique is getting decent and I pull and squat about 160 kilos, so also work on the strength. Try to do more clean and snatch pulls instead of deadlifts

Thats what I figured.My deadlift is very good compared to clean.Got to focus on clean.

Do Snatch and Clean pulls.

Koing[/quote]

Thanks a lot,mate!

Yesterdays training session 23.11.2007.

1.Warm-up-dynamoic stretching

2.hang cleans-worked up to 70 kg for triples,done a few sets

3.maxing out on Power Clean-worked up with singles

90 kg technicaly good and easy

95 kg very hard,technique still solid

100 kg after first pull,culdnt get it up above my waist

tried 5 times with 100 kg…too much at this point

lowered to 90 kg…did a triple…third rep was very hard

3.front squats- 90 kg for 5 reps
did 5 sets
4.hange for time from a chin-up bar to get a good stretch

Todays training…

5 pick-up basketball games in the afternoon

In the gym-

1.BACK SQUATS-120 kg for 3 reps 10 sets

2.incline bench press-80 kg for 2 reps 8 sets

3.Bent-over row-90 kg for 5 reps 5 sets

Felt unfocused and tired today,so decided to skip Oly lifts and do some work on basic strength.

Body weight-89 kg

Every now and then I read about elite olympic weightlifters.
How much in total for his category has an elite lifter to lift to achieve that status?

how much? depends on the weightclass. Going by the results from this years worlds, I’ll just take a rough stab at it, based on totals from groups A and B

56kg class:
240kg at bottom end

62kg class:
260kg at bottom end

69kg clasS:
290kg at bottom end

77kg class:
315kg at bottom end

85kg class:
330kg at bottom end

94kg class:
350kg at bottom end

105kg class:
370kg at bottom end

105kg+ class:
390kg at bottom end

now, I’m just going by what I can gander at by looking @ the 2007 world championships results, and honestly, I’d say my numbers for 105 and 105+ are high, considering that, even with the difference in weight from 94 to 105, the difference in totals is quite pathetic.

now I also must define the term elite for you. Elite weightliter would be someone who is in the top 20-30 in the world for his weight. Most of them are genetic freaks who were born to do this sport. 99% of the population will never make it to that level.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:
Wow, your numbers are damn near identical to mine. My advice is get the form down perfect for the snatch. I’ve been working on it also, and noticed that as my form got better, the weights FLEW up without much of an actual strength increase.[/quote]

Great advice! I’ve noticed that same thing in my training. I’m currently chasing that 100 kg snatch myself- I’m still 10 kg away but I want to hit it before the end of this year.

[quote]romanaz wrote:
how much? depends on the weightclass. Going by the results from this years worlds, I’ll just take a rough stab at it, based on totals from groups A and B

56kg class:
240kg at bottom end

62kg class:
260kg at bottom end

69kg clasS:
290kg at bottom end

77kg class:
315kg at bottom end

85kg class:
330kg at bottom end

94kg class:
350kg at bottom end

105kg class:
370kg at bottom end

105kg+ class:
390kg at bottom end

now, I’m just going by what I can gander at by looking @ the 2007 world championships results, and honestly, I’d say my numbers for 105 and 105+ are high, considering that, even with the difference in weight from 94 to 105, the difference in totals is quite pathetic.

now I also must define the term elite for you. Elite weightliter would be someone who is in the top 20-30 in the world for his weight. Most of them are genetic freaks who were born to do this sport. 99% of the population will never make it to that level. [/quote]

These people are animals!!!

Balbos is going strong!!!
Its time to throw some big weights overhead!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Powerful images***

Tonight training session

Decided to work on some basic strength.
Warmed-up and then maxed out at 200 kg 1rm.
Failed to lift 205 kg.

Warmed up on bench-press.Previous PB of 110 kg seemed easy and I added 5 kg more.
New bench PR at 115 kg.

Then I did barbell lunges with 60 kg for 5 sets repetition.

Finished my training with 100 kg in bent-over rows for 4 reps and 5 sets.

205kg squat? pull?

heres some powerfull pictures

Dimas: