T Nation

My Progress

Hi guys.
This may look funny but i need some opinion about my progress.I have been training for 2-2.5 years.age 21.First started a gym membership at a health club(fitness).Then after few months while reading some articles in some forums i found mark rippetoe’s starting strength.Then i started practicing the lifts and did his 3x5 full body program for maybe 1 year.When i started my lifts are like 110 bench,110 squat and 150 deadlift.after training with 3x5 my lifts were:200x5 squat ,165x5 bench,285x5 deadlift.After 3x5 ,i tried many programs like madcow,5/3/1…Then i found loui simmons’ book of westside barbell.I have been training with westside’s program for maybe 1 year now.But i’m doing rep work in dynamic days because i’m not happy with my physique.

Now my lifts are 220 benchx1 ,385x1 deadlift and 275x1 squat,front sq 187 x1.I also train grip too much,i can close coc no #2,5.
I gave these information because i need some opinion from more experienced lifters.I live in Turkey so i don’t have any guidance.Thank you for your time.Btw: Bw:187,height :6

[quote]marco1111 wrote:
Hi guys.
This may look funny but i need some opinion about my progress.I have been training for 2-2.5 years.age 21.First started a gym membership at a health club(fitness).Then after few months while reading some articles in some forums i found mark rippetoe’s starting strength.Then i started practicing the lifts and did his 3x5 full body program for maybe 1 year.When i started my lifts are like 110 bench,110 squat and 150 deadlift.after training with 3x5 my lifts were:200x5 squat ,165x5 bench,285x5 deadlift[/quote]
Just to clarify, are you talking pounds or kilograms?

A lot of this has to do with your diet. How have you been eating?

If your calories were too much (bodyweight went up too much/too fast) or if your protein wasn’t high enough (close to 200 grams per day), then you either gained fat or didn’t build much muscle along the way. You have to improve your diet to fix this.

[quote]Now my lifts are 220 benchx1 ,385x1 deadlift and 275x1 squat,front sq 187 x1.I also train grip too much,i can close coc no #2,5.
I gave these information because i need some opinion from more experienced lifters.[/quote]
Opinion on what exactly? You’ve made some strength progress, but can obviously keep going. If might be worth trying a different training program, especially if you think you need to lose fat or build muscle.

What’s your bodyfat like? Do you have a round gut that hangs over your belt, are you kinda lean with almost a six-pack, something in-between?

And what did you weigh before you started Rippetoe’s program?