My Progress From '05 To '06

[quote]algian wrote:
Mjace45 wrote:
algian wrote:
You’re skinny.

Sorry to say but there isn’t much progress there at all. Looks like you replaced some of the flab with muscle, but still, you’re skinny.

How many calories are you eating, I saw your plan but I’d like a caloric breakdown of it. So calculate the caloric value for each meal and write it down here, with the total of all meals. You will probably find you are not eating enough.

Ya i know lately i descided to take the bulking rout… i have no idea how much im eating but its like 2 or 3 fold compared to what i was… but i cant really do a break down cause its extremely different everyday…

I do try to keep it clean though…
i start the mourning with like 2 cups cooked steel cut oats, 2 eggs, hand full of nuts which is 600? then after that i pretty much eat every 2 or 3 hours…

i work at a deli though so i pretty much am having a constant supply of turkey all day long… and chicken because we also fry chickens… good ole krogers but i would say im gettting between 3000 to 5000 it really depends which day you get me on… yesterday was definately a 5000 day

Ok then list me everything you ate yesterday and let’s see how many calories we get to.

Then, from now on, keep a log of everything you ingest each day of this week. At the end of the week calculate how much you have eaten in calories per day.

Then post the results.

We can proceed from there.

Give me a PM once you post your figures.

[/quote]

Day 1
Meal 1-
2 eggs large 140
1 cup dry oats 300
Half oz nuts 100
1 scoop whey 120
Meal 2 ?
Half cup oats 150
2 scoops whey 240
2 cups mixed berries 160
Meal 3-
protein bar 280
half oz nuts 100
half pound turkey 290
cup of grapes 110
Meal 4-
3 sweet peppers 90
Half package beef jerky 160
Meal 5-
6 oz salmon 200
Can aspargus 70
Can spinach 80
2 large tomatoes 80
2 oz chicken breast 100
Half cup oats 150
Meal 6-
2 scoops whey 240
Cup oats 300
Half oz nuts 100

Total3560= damn you are on to something?. This was like a straight up binge day

you might be on to something

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:
Mjace,

You look small dude. Especially your shoulder, upper chest area. I too was born with a large lower body.

If I were you I would try to increase my lift totals before embarking on a hypertrophy program.

Example:
5x5 > 10x3 > HSS-100

And the second time today you advise someone to not do hypertrophy. WTF?

Are you trying to make sure others don’t grow?

This kids bigger than you are you know.

[/quote]

When’s the last time you saw me?

And if you read my post again you’ll realize that your assessment of my advice is off-base.

Did Professor X put you up to this?

[quote]oboffill wrote:

And if you read my post again you’ll realize that your assessment of my advice is off-base.

Did Professor X put you up to this?[/quote]

Going by stats/numbers the kid IS bigger than you.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:
Mjace,

You look small dude. Especially your shoulder, upper chest area. I too was born with a large lower body.

If I were you I would try to increase my lift totals before embarking on a hypertrophy program.

Example:
5x5 > 10x3 > HSS-100

The last time I saw you you looked like the same skinny kid you did before… with a little more chest hair and fat.

You explained how you have not made any gains at all, yet you delve out advice like you know how this all works. It’s obvious you don’t.

If I’m wrong, my bad, but what are you looking like today?

PS: You should get rid of the hard on you have for ProfX. It only leads to blue balls…and X you still owe me money for the post you put me up to!

LOL

[quote]Mjace45 wrote:
first off i had major depression and phsycological issues over the last year which were accompanied by eating dissorders and various other issues… my training was full of under eating and overtraining… I know i have a long way to go and good for whoever you were talking about just looking for any advice i can get… i dont want a pat on the back… i want here is what your doing wrong… here is how to improve… NOT YOUR DOING WRONG ---------------

wait that criticism isnt followed by advice so how can this be of benifit? OH wait its just taking up net space… my bad…[/quote]

don’t let them get to you, bro. around here, some of the guys think that if you are not at least 215 and can pull 400 pounds, then don’t post.

and i don’t think that’s a bad thing, entirely, either. in fact, it’s one of the reasons i log on here: guys who CAN do it make me feel motivated that i CAN do it.

but if you’re looking for a sane opinion? then:
you look healthy. you look stronger than the average guy, alot of guys have no bicep and not even a hint of tricep, and you can see you are well past that stage.

you have, at the very least, transformed your body from (in photo 1):

1. Girlfriend lies and says “I think your body is sexy.”

to (the last photo):

1. Girlfriend is wondering why you haven’t got your dick in her yet.

ignore the criticism. listen to the advice.

depression is a bitch. i self medicate with small doses of marijuana. it has worked well for me for the past 10 years. it may not be for you, but i pass the advice on…

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
oboffill wrote:

Going by stats/numbers the kid IS bigger than you.[/quote]

I don’t care what that kid says, he does not look 180lbs with 12-15% bodyfat.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:
Mjace,

Example:
5x5 > 10x3 > HSS-100

The last time I saw you you looked like the same skinny kid you did before… with a little more chest hair and fat.

You explained how you have not made any gains at all, yet you delve out advice like you know how this all works. It’s obvious you don’t.

If I’m wrong, my bad, but what are you looking like today?

PS: You should get rid of the hard on you have for ProfX. It only leads to blue balls…and X you still owe me money for the post you put me up to!

LOL[/quote]

You’ve made two replies. The first, displayed a complete lack of reading comprehension. The second, was my situation about 3-4 months ago.

When you have some real criticism regarding my advice, please share. Until then, keep looking like an idiot.

Say Hi to “you know who” for me.

[quote]wires wrote:
Mjace45 wrote:
first off i had major depression and phsycological issues over the last year which were accompanied by eating dissorders and various other issues… my training was full of under eating and overtraining… I know i have a long way to go and good for whoever you were talking about just looking for any advice i can get… i dont want a pat on the back… i want here is what your doing wrong… here is how to improve… NOT YOUR DOING WRONG ---------------

wait that criticism isnt followed by advice so how can this be of benifit? OH wait its just taking up net space… my bad…

don’t let them get to you, bro. around here, some of the guys think that if you are not at least 215 and can pull 400 pounds, then don’t post.

and i don’t think that’s a bad thing, entirely, either. in fact, it’s one of the reasons i log on here: guys who CAN do it make me feel motivated that i CAN do it.

but if you’re looking for a sane opinion? then:
you look healthy. you look stronger than the average guy, alot of guys have no bicep and not even a hint of tricep, and you can see you are well past that stage.

you have, at the very least, transformed your body from (in photo 1):

1. Girlfriend lies and says “I think your body is sexy.”

to (the last photo):

1. Girlfriend is wondering why you haven’t got your dick in her yet.

ignore the criticism. listen to the advice.

depression is a bitch. i self medicate with small doses of marijuana. it has worked well for me for the past 10 years. it may not be for you, but i pass the advice on…[/quote]

Wires, great post.

[quote]john-lennon wrote:
your worried about eating too many veggies? i should slap you man, your really lean and your worried that eating a few carrots will make you fat? stop being so fat phobic.

if your worried abou the GI ( which you have no reason to be, when your lean you can get away with ALOT of high gi carbs) just eat a low gi food along with it to make the overall meal medium GI

im scared for you when you decide to bulk[/quote]

To clarify… carrots have a nearly negligable glycemic load. To get 50g of usable carbohydrate required for the GI testing you have to eat a few pounds of carrots.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
oboffill wrote:

I don’t care what that kid says, he does not look 180lbs with 12-15% bodyfat. [/quote]

Did you see his legs in the first pic? his calves look at least twice as big as his arms, that’s before he put on weight.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
When you have some real criticism regarding my advice, please share. Until then, keep looking like an idiot.

[/quote]

Your advice to tell him not to concentrate on hypertrophy and just “up” his lifts is completely lame.

The process of becoming stronger and gaining muscle mass comes hand in hand. Why would you tell him not to concentrate on building mass? How can you up your lifts without hypertrophy coming into play? Is this eating nothing and lifting hard?

It’s a very simple process which you seem to complicate.

As far as looking like an idiot…do you really think I’m the one looking like an idiot?

You have a blog dedicated to the demise of Professor X where you write you wish he’d go down on his motorcycle?

Now that’s pathetic.

Does an hour go by in your life where you are not worried about what he says, how he says it etc?

[quote]andy bumphren wrote:
john-lennon wrote:
your worried about eating too many veggies? i should slap you man, your really lean and your worried that eating a few carrots will make you fat? stop being so fat phobic.

if your worried abou the GI ( which you have no reason to be, when your lean you can get away with ALOT of high gi carbs) just eat a low gi food along with it to make the overall meal medium GI

im scared for you when you decide to bulk

To clarify… carrots have a nearly negligable glycemic load. To get 50g of usable carbohydrate required for the GI testing you have to eat a few pounds of carrots.[/quote]

THankx for the advice though i could probably eat those pounds of carrots… i decided that i have no discipline and will power whatsoever…
i just eat a meal that proff x himself would be proud of… though im not really convinced that huge amounts of food is the way to go… because i can pack it down…

I just got dont cooking a cup and a half steel cut oats dry combined with 1 cup wheat bran and 4 scooops whey powder and 1 scoop egg white protein… what makes it worse is this was right before workout… i go from eating nothing to eating everything where is the middle ground… that meal had over 1500 calories alone then after workout i chased it with 2 scoops whey 3 scoops gatorade… but i did do some cardio so hopefully it will all workout for the best… MODERATION … i need some but have none HELP… but i need help with my diet i have tried to follow plans but have real trouble due to an obsession for food…i want to bulk not become a fat ass and if i have meals like that more than 4 or 5 times a week ill be one big fat asss any help would be accepted with gratitude…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
As far as looking like an idiot…do you really think I’m the one looking like an idiot?

You have a blog dedicated to the demise of Professor X where you write you wish he’d go down on his motorcycle?
[/quote]

Wow, thats fucked up.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:
Mjace,

Example:
5x5 > 10x3 > HSS-100

well those pics actually make me look a bit smaller than i am… i had to make them like 10 times smaller to fit the forum… but anyways… im small by t nation standards… and buff for the little town of mj… like no one would call me small at least… i dont really care who is bigger… hate to tell you the only person im competing with is myself… (First pic) then myself (second pic) then myself (third pic) get the pic? no pun intended… i like lifting… the best part of my day is the part in the gym… i would like some size… the first thing im trying to do is get that mass that i can mold right now i have been molding uhhhhhh nothing but that will change by next year

[quote]andy bumphren wrote:
oboffill wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
oboffill wrote:

Did you see his legs in the first pic? his calves look at least twice as big as his arms, that’s before he put on weight. [/quote]

Damn i really wish i had someone to take a pic of me i try the mirror thing but with the bad lighting and my crappy excuse as a camera (phone) i have no pic to show… lol i have tried every angle… not going to happen

[quote]oboffill wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
oboffill wrote:

I don’t care what that kid says, he does not look 180lbs with 12-15% bodyfat. [/quote]

please tell me what you think i look like… give me an estimate…
in that pic im more like 165 so there might be your issue… im 180 now not then… but i want to know your oppinion of bf and weight in the third pic… sorry no shoe but give me your best shot im curious

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:

Your advice to tell him not to concentrate on hypertrophy and just “up” his lifts is completely lame.

The process of becoming stronger and gaining muscle mass comes hand in hand. Why would you tell him not to concentrate on building mass? How can you up your lifts without hypertrophy coming into play? Is this eating nothing and lifting hard?

Now that’s pathetic.

Does an hour go by in your life where you are not worried about what he says, how he says it etc?

[/quote]

lol guys we are going to continue this forum in the t- war room… like ever other forum in this place… jk it can stay right here

“Not convinced huge amounts of food is the way to go?”

How do you think people get bigger then? You can control some of the fat gain by cycling carbs. or taking a week to trim a bit, then 2 or 3 weeks of chowing down, trim, then chow. It doesn’t have to be a total one-way street.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
oboffill wrote:

Now that’s pathetic.

[/quote]
My post to the OP:
"If I were you I would try to increase my lift totals before embarking on a hypertrophy program.

Example:
5x5 > 10x3 > HSS-100"

Who’s the one complicating things?
Tell me who hasn’t gained muscle with some heavy lifting on a 5x5 program. I know I’m making great gains in strength and hardness.

I rather the guy lift heavy and get strong (obviously get some size too) before doing some advanced hypertrophy.

Nothing wrong with that. You just have a bone to pick with me, I get it.

About Professor X and the blog. It was a poor attempt at being tongue in cheek and I was angry at the time. I found it odd that Prof X saw nothing wrong with riding a crotch rocket and justified it by saying that a lot of professionals ride them.

I don’t know the last time you checked the blog, but there is an addendum. Rather than delete the blog, I left it up because I wanted it to be a reminder of my stupidity

I wouldn’t want anybody to ever get hurt in a motorcycle accident, obviously that’s horrible.

[quote]Mjace45 wrote:
oboffill wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
oboffill wrote:

please tell me what you think i look like… give me an estimate…
in that pic im more like 165 so there might be your issue… im 180 now not then… but i want to know your oppinion of bf and weight in the third pic… sorry no shoe but give me your best shot im curious[/quote]

That would explain my confusion.

MJ, you have a good attitude. Lift hard and heavy (or get a pump and go for hypertrophy, to Rocksar’s delight).

Either way, don’t waste your time in the gym like I did for such a long time.

Keep us updated!