My Progress at 16

The obliques, will balance out when everything else gets bigger. I do a lot of heavy work without a belt, and unless I’m dieted down, I will never have a tiny waist… sure, in comparrison to my back it looks small, but there will almost always be ‘meat’ just above my hip bones.

S

I have really thick obliques as well. The only answer is continue to work out back width.

And just what the hell would you expect him to do about something too big? OP maybe you should stop deadlifting so much weight and let your core atrophy.

Twat.

That looks like a 6’ 35 lb bar in the videos. I’m not accusing you of inflating your numbers, but I wanted to point it out as you may not have been aware of this. Those are still pretty good numbers for a 16 year old your size.

Guys.

Watch his sumo deadlift video again.

Count the plates…

He’s deadlifting like 290-300ish.

Queer.

Strong for your size. Good job posting vids quickly. Squat needs to go lower. (Obviously, thats not 340 in the vid, but the 325 looked to be a struggle, DON’T sacrifice form and worry about #'s just now, they’ll come with time and hard work)

Also, you don’t really have much of a physique yet. Not your fault, you’re only 16. Keep training. Stay dedicated and you’ll be fine.

[quote]Hadow Khan wrote:
Guys.

Watch his sumo deadlift video again.

Count the plates…

He’s deadlifting like 290-300ish.

Queer.[/quote]

your a fuckin idiot 2 45=90+35+25+10+5+2.5=167.5x2=335+45 bar

dumbass

If you ask me, it looks like a 45 with a 35 next to it.

Maybe one set of 45s is slightly smaller than the rest.

[quote]theflowjob wrote:

your a fuckin idiot

dumbass[/quote]

Lol, irony bites hard.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I have really thick obliques as well. The only answer is continue to work out back width.

And just what the hell would you expect him to do about something too big? OP maybe you should stop deadlifting so much weight and let your core atrophy.

Twat.[/quote]

Many people train obliques for size when they train…

And when you are being rated as a bodybuilder and under bodybuilding aesthetics who gives a fuck how much you deadlift? This is rate my physique not strength sports.

This is a bodybuilding website. Hence Testosterone Nation: World’s Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:

Many people train obliques for size when they train…

And when you are being rated as a bodybuilder and under bodybuilding aesthetics who gives a fuck how much you deadlift? This is rate my physique not strength sports.

This is a bodybuilding website. Hence Testosterone Nation: World’s Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation[/quote]

Dude, I don’t know anyone who trains to make their obliques bigger, that’s just stupid. They receieve so much stimulation from real compound training, that to hit them directly (for ‘size’ as you put it), would seriously make you look like a fat ass.

And how much he dealifts will affect his overall mass (back, traps, forearms, quads), which will make his naturally ‘oblique-y’ waist seem tiny. He’s 16 years old, and spending time doind heavy deads will benefit him much more than holding a dumbell doing side bends like some idiots you see in the gym every day.

Yes, it is Testosterone Nation, and in case you didn’t notice, most of the posters on here are pretty helpful and intelligent. Try to keep your comments in line with that the next time you’re wondering whether you should add your thoughts to a thread.

S

Oh this is bodybuilding site?

I gave him bodybuilding advice.

If your were such a bodybuilding guru you would understand I was talking about dead lifts because they WILL thicken your waist/oblique/core area if you do them heavy enough. Hence the sarcasm about quitting deadlifts so his obliques will atrophy.

Since this is a bodybuilding website, I’m sure recognized that I said the only answer to thick obliques is continuing to improve back width, thus getting a nice v-taper.

Before you call people out on their opinions and their familiarity with bodybuilding perhaps you should make sure you fully understand what they said.

Hadow Khan, obviously you cant count. Its 380… idk what you’re talking about lol

Queer.

Edit: oops I see someone already beat me to the punch, O well we can’t let Hadow Khan off that easy!

For your age and you size, you are one strong little dude.

Eat big and clean and you’ll be 200lbs in no time.

I’m pretty sure that The Strap is effecting my counting ability :wink:

I made a counting/seeing error. I was a douche. My bad entirely.

Strong kid, maybe would be better at powerlifting then bodybuilding…

thanks i weigh 154 as of now, i may look skinny in the vids but after look at all these big bodybuilders i look small.

it also looks like you have GH gut

Is there any powerlifting threads or forums?

[quote]travisjw wrote:
Is there any powerlifting threads or forums?[/quote]

Go over to Strength Sports. Quite a few guys have training logs over there. There is also at least one in Physique and Performance Photos. If you’re brave enough, you can also check out some of the ladies over in Powerful Women. There are several women over there that compete.

If you haven’t already checked out elitefts.com go there too.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
travisjw wrote:
Is there any powerlifting threads or forums?

Go over to Strength Sports. Quite a few guys have training logs over there. There is also at least one in Physique and Performance Photos. If you’re brave enough, you can also check out some of the ladies over in Powerful Women. There are several women over there that compete.

If you haven’t already checked out elitefts.com go there too. [/quote]

lol, k thx

[quote]Asgardian wrote:
Are you slouching your shoulders in your pic? Because your lats are completely hidden and it makes you look strange. Either that or you just don’t have any, but it doesn’t look like that from the back pics.

If when you relax if you hold a pencil in each hand, they should point more or less straight forward. If they point way in then you know what your problem is. Just my 2 cents.

Also if you do a back double biceps think about pulling down with your back muscles not together. Learning how to present yourself can make anyone look a lot better (and earn you a better rating).[/quote]

Look at the first pic, im not even flexing my lats and there sticking up out of the picture(Not bragging) Just saying.