IGF-1 565 126-382
Platelet Count 119 140-400
Prolactin 13.9 2.0-18
Test Total 138 250-1100
Test Free 27.8 46-224
Test Bioavailable 66.9 110-575
SHBG 14 7-49
Albumin, Serum 5.3 3.6-5.1
note: This was on I believe 100mL Test Cypionate e7d. Blood drawn day before injection

5/04/10
Hematocrit 50.7 38.5-50.0
MCV 100.4 80-100
MCH 33.3 27-33.0
Estradiol <32 <=54
Test Totao 380 250-1100
Test Free 87.7 46-224
Test Bioavailable 191.7 110-575
SHBG 14 7-49
Albumin, Serum 4.8 3.6-5.1
note: This was on 150mL e7d. Blood drawn day before injection

6/18/10
Globulin, Calculated 2.0 2.1-3.7
A/G Ratio 2.4 1.0-2.1
MCH 33.4 27-33
Platelet Count 128 140-400
Test Total 617 250-1100
Test Free 129.5 46-224
Test Bioavailable 277.5 110-575 SHBG 19 7-49
note: This was on 200mL e7d. Blood drawn day before injection. I have been getting more pimples all over, I suspect I’m getting hairier around my chest and shoulders, and everyone is telling me I’m getting bigger and more defined in the gym.
I’m pretty sure my libido is increased, but I’m a hypochondriac, and a jewish one so it could be in my head lol.

I was thinking of changing my injections to e5d. I’m also having blood drawn about 90hrs after injection to see where I’m peaking and make adjustments from there.

How old are you and is TRT the right pathway for you?
YOu need to have proper labs done for adrenals and thyroid.
Platelet cound being low is a sign of b-12, zinc levels, as well as low cortisol levels
How much fish oils are you taking?
I be concerned about your hereditary coaguablity issue with low platelets counts.

More so your issue could be in your genes…
well you have genetic disadvantage already since most MTHFRR mutations occur highly in jewish people which can be a red light for greater chance for stress induced cancer down the road.

First thing I would look at diet becaue you are having some signs of protein deficeincy and may be want to look into malabsorption issues, and also heavy metals. How many fillings do you have in your mouth? I see your generalized profile people with heavy metal toxcity. If people have mercury issue and you are testosteorne then it just pushes mercury deeper into the tissue expectionally in the brain…

Testing after 7 days is stupid. Test 1/2 way between injections and start injecting twice a week or EOD.

You may be a hyper T metabolizer. We have some who need 300mg T ester per week to get to high normal. But until you get your labs done properly, all bets are off.

Get E2 tested every time, you missed that on your last labs. Your E2 levels will be up and down too.

You do not need to capture T peak levels, what will that do for you - nada

You need to test PSA and hematocrit at the very least. DRE once a year.

The script infront of my has
Test, total, free bio
SHBG
Prolactin
Estradiol
CBC w differential
CMP

I believe the CBC has the hematocit included. I’ll have the blood drawn tomorrow morning (injected friday afternoon 200mg) and I’ll post the results as soon as I have them. Thanks

[quote]KSman wrote:
Testing after 7 days is stupid. Test 1/2 way between injections and start injecting twice a week or EOD.

You may be a hyper T metabolizer. We have some who need 300mg T ester per week to get to high normal. But until you get your labs done properly, all bets are off.

Get E2 tested every time, you missed that on your last labs. Your E2 levels will be up and down too.

You do not need to capture T peak levels, what will that do for you - nada

You need to test PSA and hematocrit at the very least. DRE once a year.[/quote]

I took your advice, and I had my blood drawn 90 hours after my 200mg test cyp injection. The results are as follows:
prolactin 30.1 2.0-18
732 total
free 175.5 46-224
bio 361.0 110-575
SBHG 17 7-49
Estradiol <35

My doctor told me not to mess with injection volume or frequency. I’d like to get a little bit higher, what do you think? Maybe increase by 25mg?

Also, I’ve had an MRI and it came out negative, no one knows why my prolactin is high other than because of my lifting and high protein diet. Thanks guys!

JonBlood - the following is nothing against you personally - multiple posters do the exact same thing, so please do not think that I am picking on you. I am a very new poster with no standing here.

Ksman / Hardasnails - how do you guys deal with the frustration of people constantly posting “my doctor told me not to …” without any counter arguments to all of the information posted in the stickies? especially when the same doctor is apparantly running the wrong type of Estradiol test (<35 estradiol tells you nothing) - which would seem to indicate that the doctor is not fully aware of all of the implications of HRT.

It would be one thing to post “My doctor says that once a month shots are fine because of x, y, z and he has personally used that for the past five years on himself.” At least there, you can counter those x, y, z arguments, but to just say “my doctor said so ” only leaves the option of reposting what has already been said in several dozen threads or asking if the poster has taken the time to read the stickies.

Jon - have you ever had you Thyroid levels, Vitamin D levels, cortisol, etc. checked per the blood testing sticky suggestions? If one of those is out of whack, simply increasing your T might not do much for you. In fact, if something else is off, correcting it might give you a bump in Total and Free T. Also are you on any other supplements (like DHEA or estrogen control)?

Also simply increasing your dose every two weeks might just produce larger hormonal swings/side effects.

[quote]PureChance wrote:

Jon - have you ever had you Thyroid levels, Vitamin D levels, cortisol, etc. checked per the blood testing sticky suggestions? If one of those is out of whack, simply increasing your T might not do much for you. In fact, if something else is off, correcting it might give you a bump in Total and Free T. Also are you on any other supplements (like DHEA or estrogen control)?

Also simply increasing your dose every two weeks might just produce larger hormonal swings/side effects.[/quote]

I’ve have had all of those checked, in addition to everything else to the knowledge of my current and past endo’s. No one knows the reason for the low T, and they all blame the prolactin level on my high protein diet coupled with weight training.

Like it was already pointed out the testing for e2 that was done was probably the rapid e2 which is a waste of blood and time. The proper ones are 13-54 quest or 3-70 lab corp not the roche testing method that is like e2 ultrasenitive junk. Well Dr overbeck is one of the few drs specializes in finding out way the levels are low. Being a patient of his has changed my life in the fact that if I knew what I know now then I would not have been on TRT in the first place. The whole principle is to look at you from a holistic stand point and then start looking for specific patterns that may point to reason why.

First thing is to find out if primary or secondary hypogonasdism then to look at the thyroid and adrenal. It is also important to look at other factors such as life style, sleep patterns, nutriton, and external stressor that may be hidden (food allergies, heavy metals, hidden infections). First indentify the imbalance then try to correct it from the source while suppporting symptoms. That is a sign of a good dr. IF interested pm me for details