My Programme (After 8 Months)

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been going to the gym now for around 6/8 months off and on. Some weeks eating well taking protein and going to the gym 5 times a week.Other weeks eating crap and missing days/weeks. I have now decided to start again and do it properly this time.

I am now looking to do a full body programme 3 times per week, can anyone help - if possible a template i could follow or your own programme??

The following - is the my Plan - 1) what do you think 2) please put your routine/programme, diet and supplement intake down if you dont mind. Also any pics you may have.

Monday - Chest (Upper) Back

• Dumbell Bench press (Incline) 3 sets 6-8 reps for all!

• Dumbell Bench press (Flat bench)

• Dumbell Fly’s (Incline)

• Smiths Machine (Incline)

• Lat pull down (Wide Grip)

• Lat pull down (Close Grip)

• Back Flies (Incline bench)

• Back Machine

Tuesday - Shoulders/Triceps

• Front raises 3 sets 6-8 reps for all!

• Side raises

• Shruggs (Dumbells)

• Shruggs (Smiths machine - behind back)

• Dumbell press, above head

• Tricep Dips

• Hand grip (Open) on A frame wires

• hand grip (Closed) on A frame wires

• Skull crushers ( Single dumbell) Flat bench

Wed - Cardio (Football) Biceps, abs

Thur, same as monday apart from 10-12 reps over 4 sets
Fri, same as tueday apart from 10-12 reps over 4 sets.

Diet.

Morning - (7am)
Smothie, consisting of 1 banana, 5 strawberries, kiwi fruit, 1/2 cup oats 1/2 cup all bran, scoop of protein Pro/mx.

Dinner (1pm)
Chicken sandwich, salad, wholemeal bread

Pre Work out - (5.30pm)
Protein drink, rice cake,4 wheatabix

Post Work out - (7pm)
Protein drink

Evening meal - (7.30pm)
Chicken, turkey or steak, greens, wholemeal bread.

Night (10.30pm)
Protein drink

Well this is the idea. If anyone has any feedback on the above it will be more than welcome. Ie bad routine, diet, eating times etc.

Thanks again.
Fordy

Stop using T-Nation as a crutch and a place to disperse your feelings. Use this place to gather information, and coalesce it into a plan that can work for you. Diet, training tips, supplement information, etc…gather it all in and apply it.

Nobody is going to push the weight for you and nobody is going to MAKE you be consistent with any of it.

Like TC, be a man of sheer WILL. Go out and GET YOURS.

I was 220 lbs, fat and pathetic. Now I’m 170 and 9-10% BF. I use this place to hoard information to help myself. You can do the same and you don’t need anyone’s advice. It’s all here, in the articles and on the message boards from 10,000 previous posters who said the same things you just said.

Good luck to you.

Work hard.

Where is your leg day? Honestly, I think that routine sucks. Same thing with your eating; you need more real food.

My favorite full-body routines are either this modified bill starr routine:

Or a routine CT put together in his Thib Zone (scroll down a bit):
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1149303&pageNo=77

Dhuge, thanks for that. Just really looking for other people plans and diets and most importantly “the outcome” of following such programmes.

The idea of posting this thread is in theory, to gather as much info as i can…

Just getting used to the site, hopefully i can find past posts of member programmes, tips and diets.

Thanks for the reply!

Fordy

Fordy,

Do you not work your legs? What are your stats like height, weight, etc.? What are your goals? If it is to get bigger than you are not eating enough. If you want to switch to a whole body program then I would look at some of Chad Waterbury’s programs on this site.

Why do you say that, ie bad programme and diet?

However, thats the reply i was looking for i think i am really just looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I’ll have a look at that plan and let you know what i think.

I seem to be getting bigger just slowely, hence the reason i have came onto this site looking for HELP!!!

Thanks again.

[quote]Fordy wrote:
I’ve been going to the gym now for around 6/8 months off and on. Some weeks eating well taking protein and going to the gym 5 times a week.Other weeks eating crap and missing days/weeks. I have now decided to start again and do it properly this time.[/quote]

How long before you quit again? You need consistency over the long-term to make progress.

Look up some of the workouts on this site, like Total-Body Training by Chad Waterbury. But what does three full-body workouts per week have to do with what you posted below?

I think it sucks.

Why do I need to post what I do? What works for me may not work for you.

My goals are not your goals.

[quote]Monday - Chest (Upper) Back

• Back Machine

[/quote]

Is this from Muscle and Fitness? It sucks! Why so many lat pulldowns and not chins? Why the incline bench in a smith machine?

[quote]Tuesday - Shoulders/Triceps

• Side raises

• Shruggs (Dumbells)

• Tricep Dips

• Skull crushers ( Single dumbell) Flat bench[/quote]

You did chest and back the day before and now you want to hit some of the same muscles the day after? Why not put a leg day here and move this to further along in the week? What is a hand grip? And what does it have to do with triceps? How come no rear delt exercises?

[quote]Wed - Cardio (Football) Biceps, abs

Fri, same as tueday apart from 10-12 reps over 4 sets.[/quote]

No leg day? Same exercises but different sets/reps? Sounds like a receipe for disaster and overuse injuries.

[quote]Diet.

Morning - (7am)
Smothie, consisting of 1 banana, 5 strawberries, kiwi fruit, 1/2 cup oats 1/2 cup all bran, scoop of protein Pro/mx.

Dinner (1pm)

Pre Work out - (5.30pm)

Post Work out - (7pm)
Protein drink

Evening meal - (7.30pm)

Night (10.30pm)
Protein drink[/quote]

At least your diet is better than your training, and that’s not saying much since you don’t have much variety in the food choices you have selected.

I’d also save the carbs for your post-workout drink, not the pre-workout drink. But why rice cakes???

[quote]Fordy,

Do you not work your legs? What are your stats like height, weight, etc.? What are your goals? If it is to get bigger than you are not eating enough. If you want to switch to a whole body program then I would look at some of Chad Waterbury’s programs on this site.
[/quote]

Hi,

I dont do my legs as i play footaball at a semi pro level 3 times per week.

Stats - Height 6ft 3"
Weight 85kg
14" Arms
40" Chest
34" Waist

I am looking for a nicely toned/defined body, similar to those on mens health magazines. I dont want to look extremely bulky!!

I agree i think i do need a whole body programme, so i will look around the site for a good one as i have no idea as you can see from above.

P.s there a pic on my profile of my current size, i would like to be a 3rd bigger than i currently am…

Thanks for the help!

Fordy!

The reason the routine sucks is because you train your chest on monday and shoulders on tuesday. You most likely won’t be properly recovered. Plus you do that same little back-to-back setup twice a week! Also, I don’t see squats, rows, deadlifts, pullups, etc. Those should be staples.

As to why your eating sucks, you’re not eating a lot in the way of real food. I see some fruit, a piece of chicken. Fix that.

Thats brilliant, thanks for the reply!!!

Fordy wrote:
I’ve been going to the gym now for around 6/8 months off and on. Some weeks eating well taking protein and going to the gym 5 times a week.Other weeks eating crap and missing days/weeks. I have now decided to start again and do it properly this time.

How long before you quit again? You need consistency over the long-term to make progress.

I am now looking to do a full body programme 3 times per week, can anyone help - if possible a template i could follow or your own programme??

Look up some of the workouts on this site, like Total-Body Training by Chad Waterbury. But what does three full-body workouts per week have to do with what you posted below?

The following - is the my Plan - 1) what do you think

I think it sucks.

1. please put your routine/programme, diet and supplement intake down if you dont mind. Also any pics you may have.

Why do I need to post what I do? What works for me may not work for you.

My goals are not your goals.

Monday - Chest (Upper) Back

• Back Machine

Is this from Muscle and Fitness? It sucks! Why so many lat pulldowns and not chins? Why the incline bench in a smith machine?

Tuesday - Shoulders/Triceps

• Side raises

• Shruggs (Dumbells)

• Tricep Dips

• Skull crushers ( Single dumbell) Flat bench

You did chest and back the day before and now you want to hit some of the same muscles the day after? Why not put a leg day here and move this to further along in the week? What is a hand grip? And what does it have to do with triceps? How come no rear delt exercises?

Wed - Cardio (Football) Biceps, abs

Fri, same as tueday apart from 10-12 reps over 4 sets.

No leg day? Same exercises but different sets/reps? Sounds like a receipe for disaster and overuse injuries.

Diet.

Morning - (7am)

Dinner (1pm)

Pre Work out - (5.30pm)

Post Work out - (7pm)
Protein drink

Evening meal - (7.30pm)

Night (10.30pm)
Protein drink

At least your diet is better than your training, and that’s not saying much since you don’t have much variety in the food choices you have selected.

I’d also save the carbs for your post-workout drink, not the pre-workout drink. But why rice cakes???

The only reason i stopped going is becasue i felt as though i was going knowhere, hence the reason i am now looking for advice and to start afresh!!!

Incline bench on the smith machine, i would have thought this would have done your upper chest?

SO it is best to have carbs prior to training, thanks!!!

I dont do legs as i play football 3 times a week.

So a 3day plan working full body would be a better choice??

What exercises can i do for rear Delts??

Thanks

Looks like i am going for a full body programme and increase my food intake.

I’ll have a look at past post and find an appropriate routine. I expect its important to keep changing your exercises to keep your body guessing.

I was also told to get some LA Norateen Heavyweight 11 to bulk up alittle.

Thanks
Glenn

If football is your sport, you should be training for your sport. But it seems as though you are training for looks, and that may not necessarily help you with your game.

Just because you play football a few times per week doesn’t mean you should avoid leg work.

I’d highly suggest looking into the Westside for Skinny Bastards program by Joe Defranco. It’s geared toward athletes who need to gain size and strength.

It’s a shame you don’t do legs, you’d be a hell of a lot faster, stronger, and bigger.

Also, read this:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1308241