Hereï¿½??s my current program. The goal is to gain lean muscle mass without hurting myself. Comments and advice would be appreciated:
- Current height and weight: 5’11", 166 lbs.
- I use a smith machine for my bench press because there’s often nobody to spot at my gym.
- Right now almost all of my lower back and all leg exercises have been stopped until my knees start working right again. This lasts until at least mid-august.
- I am getting ready to split my arm/shoulder workout into morning/night workouts.
- Meals are all variations on high-protein with legumes and veggies, supplemented with Met-rx shakes and a balance bar. All meals are consumed with eight ounces of unsweetened soy milk or juice.
- I also the following twice daily: a multivitamin, Caltrate-D, a joint supplement, and 750 mgs. of Tribulus on a 5 on/2 off cycle
Saturday + Tuesday:
Bench press, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Incline dumbbell press, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbell flyes, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Chin ups, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- I am using a machine to assist with chins and slowly working up to my body weight
Bent-over Dumbbell rows, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Lat pulldowns, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Ab press machine, 5 sets of 12-15 reps
Sunday + Wednesday
Bicep Curls, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Preacher bench curls with ez-curl bar, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Tricep Pulldowns, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- These are a substitute for standing tricep extensions until my knees are better
Close-grip bench press, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Lateral Raises, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Arnold Press, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Wrist Curls, 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Reverse Wrist Curls, 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Hanging reverse crunches, 5 sets of 25
Monday + Thursday
Back Extension (Machine), 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Resist-a-ball crunches, 5 sets of 25