I'm new to this forum and am just about to start this 2 day per 6day program. Any pointers would be useful. Thanks. I am 66kg and training for 4 years before in other kinds of badminton and thai boxing training but now want to concentrate on 4 lifts. olympic squats, deadlifts, I want to be able to do a one armed chin up and also bodybuilder style bench press. I stopped training for 2 years and have now been training for 4months and my best current lifts are.
Bench 3x 85Kg
Squat 1x 115Kg
Deadlift 2x 150Kg
Here is my program: The only difference from what I was doing before is that I deadlitt one time per week extra.
Workout a ME day
Choose one exercise from each line and work up to a max triple or double.
- squat / deadlift - could be a front or sumo for variety or bottom up rest pause
- Bp/ dumbell press - could be bottom up rest pause
3 Good mornings / one leg squats / one leg deadlifts
- Close grip bench / wide grip bench
Then do grip training and abs and side bends and or hypers, back raises
Workout b DE day
Choose one exercise from each line and do 50% - 60% 1rm 10 x 3 for bench press and 12 x 2 for squat or deadlift. Also chin up and seated row are treated as ME exercises and the Upright rows, shoulder press, bentover rows and incline press are treated as 6 - 8reps x 3 sets. And all other exercises are 4 - 6 reps x 3 sets.
- squats / Jump squats
- Speed benches \ plyometric push ups
- ME Chin ups / ME seated row
- Upright rows superset with shoulder press / bent over rows superset with incline press
- one armed dumbell swing / speed deadlifts / power snatch / one armed snatch
Then abs, sidebends , back raises, hypers, grip training
There you have it, westside in 2 days every 6 days. I am drug free and take casein protein and a True food multi vit min and additional zinc. I'm 26