Hey guys, let me know what you think. If you have any additions or conflicting opinions let me know.
Does anyone else have any more convictions they'd like to share?
My Position Statements
1. Do not drop or raise calories by more than 500 for any diet adjustment.
2. Carbohydrates are activity dependent.
3. Eat for what you?re going to do, not what you did.
4. Success of your diet should be evaluated by improvements in performance, appearance, and health.
5. If God said you can eat it, you can probably eat it.
6. Take at least one complete rest day per week.
7. Fish oil is the most essential ?supplement? to any diet.
8. Ignore the RDA.
9. All diets should control insulin levels.
10. Compound multi-joint lifts should be the foundation of any program.
11. You don?t need a commercial gym to get in shape.
12. Cheat days are not physically needed until you reach low body fat levels
13. Lifting light weights is useless 99% of the time.
14. Lifting weights intentionally slow is useless.
15. You should adjust macronutrient ratios every few weeks.
16. If it works, you should do it, even if you don?t know why.
17. Reducing rest periods is more effective than increasing reps for elevating intensity levels.
18. Do not overlook stretching.
19. Find the weakest link, correct it, and improve.
20. Long slow cardio is the least efficient strategy to get in shape.
21. Consistency is the most important quality in attaining physical goals.
22. Give things time to work before abandoning it.
23. Do not buy or do anything to create temptation, enough of it will come on its own.
24. Progress ceases when you are no longer challenged. The value of hard work should be present in all your efforts.
25. Eat frequently.