My Personal Workouts (Plus My Current Dieting Approach)

Hi CT

How do you imrpvoe your ability to absorb more of what you eat ?

Hey CT, thanks for your response. I would have a follow up question. I have watched the videos of John Meadows.

He recommends that one should have 1 day per week 24 hours fasting for different purposes.
What’s your stance on this (if the goal is to get as big and strong as possible!) ? He even said it is no problem to train on the day where you fast for 24 hours. What’s your opinion on that ?

I agree with John… mostly. I KNOW that intermittent fasting did me a lot of good. By doing it for more than a year I really improved my efficiency to digest and absorb nutrients and I reduced systemic inflamation. John is correct: 24h of fasting will not lead to muscle loss. I personally prefer to do something like fasting from 6pm to the other day 6RM. that way you can get so nutrition for a workout that day. But really, this is just a minor detail. I do not have a fasting day in my week. But I very often have intermittent fasting days, especially when I’m giving seminars (which is about 20-30 weekends per year) because I don’t eat when I give a seminar, only when I get back to the hotel at 6 or 7pm. So When I give seminars I do intermittent fasting twice per week.

Last weekend I filmed 90 video capsules and did the same thing.

Intermittent fasting really helped me. Taking care of your digestive system (pro/pre biotic, fermented foods), avoiding foods that create inflamation, using digestive enzymes, etc.

CT, thanks for your response. I don’t want to fall on your nerves but how do you interpret this article (it even exclusive quotes Mr. Meadows):

And to be me more clear is a fasting day per week positive/neutral or negative when you train maximum size or strenght or size+strenght ?

Dude… the article says: “Trouble is, in addition to losing fat, a study by Wilson et al (1) shows that you could also be losing muscle, or at the very least, not building muscle.”

Well thats true for any diet in which there is a caloric deficit.

I will say this:

• Personally when I did intermittent fasting I did not lose any muscle even if I did it for a year straight then on-and-off. I also di not gain a lot of muscle, but still gained somewhat.

• The studies are looking at fasted strength training, not intermittent fasting per say. You can do intermittent fasting and time your nutrition period with training. In intermittent fasting the fasting period is normally 16 hours, sometmes 14h. You can time it so that you can have some food or PLAZMA pre-workout and your main meals post-workouts.

• T-Nation is a great site because it gives information from many different view points. As such I will not agree with everything that is posted

• Just because protein synthesis is not elevated immediately after a workout doesn’t mean that it will not increase in the 24-36 post-workout period.

• Regarding Meadows; I know from experience that coaches can evolve, learn new things, gain experience and change their views because of it

Does the DOUBLE STIMULATION plan offer benefits for those on AAS, or do they not really need to ‘feed’ the muscles with that second workout