T Nation

My Pecs (First Post)

I’m 21 6’1" 200lbs and I have around 12-14% body fat. With saying that I’m mostly happy with my body except that my pecs make me look bad with a shirt on. Pretty much I look like a fat guy because my nipples poke out on some shirts and it looks horrible.

My bench max is 335lbs, I can’t figure out a way to fix my pecs though. Without a shirt they look pretty good but with a white shirt on I look fat. I have close to a six pack its just that the lower portion of my pecs are either too big or they have too much fat on them. Either way I hate the way they look and i’m dieing to figure out a way to fix this. I’ve done research to no avail so i’m posting here to look for some help.

This is my first post, BTW I love this site it is the greatest!! thanks in advance.

It sounds like you might have gyno.

You might want to have that checked out.

[quote]TravisCS84 wrote:
It sounds like you might have gyno.

You might want to have that checked out.[/quote]

I agree. I believe the estimate is somewhere around 60% of all males having some form of it. That means, most of the guys you have ever known have had some form of it. If it persists past puberty, the only option is surgery to get rid of it. The only reason you don’t hear more about it is because of embarrassment and the fact that you have to have a lower body fat percentage to even be able to differentiate between gyno and simply being fat. That means most guys will never notice it.

do I just go to a normal doctor to check it out or do I have to go to a special place? Dam this is making me nervous… are there any pics of what gyno looks like? maybe I can compare it to myself.

[quote]quietpro wrote:
do I just go to a normal doctor to check it out or do I have to go to a special place? Dam this is making me nervous… are there any pics of what gyno looks like? maybe I can compare it to myself.[/quote]

http://www.gynecomastia-md.com/subpages/adolescent.html

Navigate the site. Also, it would help if some of you learned how to use a search engine. All knowledge doesn’t need to be told to you. Much of it is already out there waiting on you to look for it.

It’s nothing to be worried about. Its a simple procedure and most doctors only use a local anesthetic. The procedure takes around 30 minutes to complete.

I know many people who have gotten it done… I’m waiting on the surgery as we speak. It’s tough luck, but thats life…

This is just one example of what gynecomastia can look like. Hope it helps. You can check out www.gynecomastia.org for more info on it.