My Own ANACONDA Protocol...

I’m thinking of replacing my intraworkout BCAAs with an ANACONDA based protocol.

However, I genuinely can’t afford a full protocol…neither 1 nor 2 and I don’t feel the need to include pre-workout carbs nor intra workout carbs. Instead…I’d like to replace the 10gs of BCAAs that I use intra workout with 1-2 scoops of ANACONDA alone…no MAG-10…perhaps I’d add GPC, though.

Would it be worth it to go from pure BCAAs to say 1 scoop of ANACONDA? Or am I better off with 2 scoops?

Any particular reason for not including any pre-workout carbs?

I’d go with 1 Anaconda + 1 MAG-10 over 2 Anaconda if money is an issue. Plus, some people don’t tolerate a lot of Anaconda well (I think due to the particular form of creatine used).

BCAAs vs Anaconda - I think it would be better to compare BCAAs with MAG-10, since Anaconda also has creatine and beta alanine added. MAG-10 has a complete amino-acid profile, plus the di- and tri- peptides are supposed to be absorbed better than single amino acids. [I’d love to hear MODOK elaborate on this a bit!]

B.

Yeah, I know about backloading. I need to get Kiefer’s book soon!

Making a DIY Anaconda is a pain in the ass. Trust me, I’ve done it, mixing it every single time out of about something like 8 ingredients (also had carbs in there). And the flavouring I used for it (made by a UK supp company) tasted awful.

I’d say give it a try and see how you like it.

[quote]BiP wrote:
Any particular reason for not including any pre-workout carbs?

I’d go with 1 Anaconda + 1 MAG-10 over 2 Anaconda if money is an issue. Plus, some people don’t tolerate a lot of Anaconda well (I think due to the particular form of creatine used).

BCAAs vs Anaconda - I think it would be better to compare BCAAs with MAG-10, since Anaconda also has creatine and beta alanine added. MAG-10 has a complete amino-acid profile, plus the di- and tri- peptides are supposed to be absorbed better than single amino acids. [I’d love to hear MODOK elaborate on this a bit!]

B.[/quote]

I agree with bip. If you want the creatine and hydration stuff thats in Anaconda but want more total protein Id go with a scoop of both. I think 2 scoops of Anaconda is overkill only because of extra unneccessary creatine. I have done 2 scoops and handled it alright but felt it didnt add anything beyond the extra protein.

I just purchased a jug of MAG-10 …Looking to try this intra workout :

1-2 scoops MAG-10
10g BCAAs
5g Creatine Mono

I’m including the BCAAs because I have a ton of them that I need to use up anyway…can’t hurt?

[quote]facko wrote:

1-2 scoops MAG-10
10g BCAAs
5g Creatine Mono

I’m including the BCAAs because I have a ton of them that I need to use up anyway…can’t hurt?[/quote]

Cant hurt but will probably ruin the taste and mixability of MAG-10.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

1-2 scoops MAG-10
10g BCAAs
5g Creatine Mono

I’m including the BCAAs because I have a ton of them that I need to use up anyway…can’t hurt?[/quote]
Cant hurt but will probably ruin the taste and mixability of MAG-10. [/quote]

Good point…they are flavored though…same flavor as I chose for the MAG-10…grape. Would 2 scoops of just MAG-10 and 5g creatine work as well?

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

1-2 scoops MAG-10
10g BCAAs
5g Creatine Mono

Good point…they are flavored though…same flavor as I chose for the MAG-10…grape. Would 2 scoops of just MAG-10 and 5g creatine work as well?[/quote]

Should do. But if you are looking to get rid of the BCAAs why not take them prior to the workout and drink the MAG during?

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

1-2 scoops MAG-10
10g BCAAs
5g Creatine Mono

Good point…they are flavored though…same flavor as I chose for the MAG-10…grape. Would 2 scoops of just MAG-10 and 5g creatine work as well?[/quote]
Should do. But if you are looking to get rid of the BCAAs why not take them prior to the workout and drink the MAG during? [/quote]

Haha…good point my friend!