My Offseason Cycle Can you guys please critique?

Hi well my basketball offseason has started and i decided to put a weight training routine together looking up at alot of articles by ct, king, defranco and many others.

I plan on lifting 3x a week 1 day Hip Dominat, 1 day Quad Dominant, and 1 Day Upper Body.

Im going to be switching up the styles of lifting and the variation of the exercises so i wont get bored. For some who might ask i already have a basketball routine ready and i was even lucky enough to get a retired basketball coach to help me with my skills. Not to mention for free lol

Onto my routine

Phase 1 Connective/ Extension Tissues Stretching and Adding Mass Also Perfecting Technique

Duration 4 weeks Then 1 rest week.

Monday - Lower Body Training
Full Squat 3 x 12,10,8 reps

Hamstring Extension 3x 10 reps

Hip Flexor Extension 3x 12 reps

Reverse Hyperextensions 3x 10 reps

Wednesday- Upper Body
Swiss Ball Dumbbell Bench 3x Max Reps

Kneeling Dumbbell Row 3 sets 12 reps

Chin and Dips Supersets 3x Max reps Bodyweight

Vertical Jump Shoulder Up 3 sets 12, 10, and 8 reps

Friday- Whole Body Workout

Full Squat 3 sets 8 reps

Walking Lunges 2 sets 15 reps

Feet on Swiss Ball Pushups 3x max Reps

Reverse Hyper Extensions 3x 10 reps

As an athlete, I really hate to see you perform more than 5-6 reps in your core lifts. Yes, we want to add some mass to your 205 pd. frame, but it MUST be functional mass. That way the weight will make a stronger, more explosive athlete on the court.

I agree with TrenchDawg. If you eat a good amount along with the training, you’ll gain mass no matter what your training regimine.

i am gonna agree with trench, u gotta train for athletic purposes, the aesthetics come along eventually. I know that my training has added tons of weights to my lifts, and almost no weight to my frame but athletically I am more capable than 4 weeks ago by quite a lot.

another good thing to do might be to wait for CT’s much anticipated athletic pendulum training article…

you said hip dom then quad dom and then upperbody… but your split doesnt reflect that. you should be deadlifting and cleaning or snatching… if not now… in the next cycle… but deadlifts should be there now.

Ok i took into mind what you guys said so what about this cycle

Monday Hip Dominant

Snatches 3 sets 5 reps
Snatch Grip Deadlift 5 sets 5 reps
Reverse Hyper Extensions 3 sets 8 reps

Wed Upper Bodyday
Jump Squats 3 sets 5 reps
Push Press 4 sets 4 reps
Bench Press 4 sets 5 reps
Chin-ups 3 sets max reps
Dips 3 sets Max Reps

Friday Quad Dominant
Power Cleans 3 sets 5 reps
Full Squat 5 sets 5 reps
Reverse Hyper Extensions 3 sets 8 reps

What do you guys think about that routine?
Sorry i left out alot of information im 15 years old, im 6-6 i weight 205 lbs, i have never gotten seruiosly into lifting. My max bench press is 200 lbs my max squat is 180 lbs. My Vertical leap is 22 inches.
My diet is actually been very good the past week im trying to get a perfect diet for the offseason. I consume usually atleast 210+ grams of protein, eat atleast 6 meals, and really stay away from the fat. Ive actually noticed ive cut up a bit.

As for my goals in the offseason which is approximitly 9 months im trying to add atleast 15 lbs of muscle to my frame, 70 lbs to my bench press, and atleast 100 lbs to my squat, to my vertical leap i would like to add 8 inches to it.

Im staying away from plyometrics becuase i do alot of jumping im my basketball workouts which i do 4x a week. Do you guys think my workout looks good and are my goals attainable? Thanks

LOoks pretty good, I’d nix the Oly’s if you are new to them and have no teacher

How about

Mon
Deadlift
Squat
Row

Wed
Squat
Bench
Dead

Fri
Bench
Dead
Squat

Finish with Upper back (row,chin), Posterior Chain, Cuff work, Abs

Maybe like silverbacks post on the tier system

First exercise 6 sets
2nd - 5sets
3rd 4 sets

Probably in the 5-7 rep range

Rest of stuff
2-3x10-15

Also when I say squat I mean to include all variations (zercher, front, power, olympic (ass to grass), 1 Leg, Lunges. etc.)

Same goes for bench and deadlift.

Add in a GPP warm Up and you’re good to go