My Observation for Today

Here is an observation for today. Ever wonder how that large mass of fatty tissue between your ears called the brain really works? It is really confusing and the Psycho therapy guys have tried to figure it out since the beginning of time......which I really think makes them more weird then we are. Ever wonder if the "crazy people" are really normal and "normal" are the ones that are "crazy"?

Observation. One Muscle fiber has the force production ability of 50 pounds. That means the average person, not one that works out on a regular basis, should be able to do 300 pound bicep curls. Ever see an athlete that broke a bone for no reason other then he/she pushed it too hard for their bones capability? Ever see and old lady using a walker lift the back of a combine tractor off of her son when it rolled over him?

I hear and see these things all the time and it makes me wonder about the true power of the mind. I have been around athletes for the past 13 years and I have trained quite a few. I myself being a trained athlete know that it takes a “different” type of concentration and mind warping to do some of the “impossible” things that athletes do…like pulling a bus load of people, or an airplane, lifting trees above your head, moving 600 pound objects from point a to point b.

All of which the normal person “thinks” that he cannot do. What is really cool to see what happens when you train someone how to use the brain to do whatever you tell it to do. I can get a normal person to lift or press 100 pounds more then he ever thought he could usually in the first day…just by training him how to use his brain. The problem arises when you go too far with it and do more then your bones or joints can handle…then you have problems.

So using the brain during a workout for instance cause large amounts of muscle growth and body fat loss. The brain will do whatever you tell it to do, no questions asked.

So why is it that we have a bunch of "personal trainers" telling people that it is ok to stop when it hurts, or that it is ok to be happy with yourself!!!!  Freaking news flash.....I am 6 % body fat, and 257lbs and I wont even take my shirt off outside being self concience!!  I go to the beach and all I see are beached whales that think it is ok to look the way they do, eating there freaking hamburger, drinking their soda pop, and smoking a cig. 

I saw a lady the other day that put sunscreen under her 12" stomach flap!!! Why the fuck would you put sunscreen under your flap fat ass…its never going to see the light of day anyway…and I should not have to see the damn flap anyway…should be a crime.

So I guess what I am getting at it that the brain does what you tell it to do...lift the weight/dont lift the weight, You look good at 6% bodyfat/you are not good enough, It is ok to run down the beach with a bikini on and a 12"flap/or get off you ass, wake up, look around, and know that it is not ok to look that way.  I'm out for now. 

good article, makes ya’ think.
I once saw a lifter open with a 148lb PR on the squat-because the bar was misloaded. I asked him afterwards if he thought he could do that much weight and he said" No way, it would crush me"

One of the best feats of strength is that Indian guy who meditated and put himself in a trance and lifted 6200lbs.
The mind is an incredible thing.
I always tell my training partners that your body is just a tool to do what your mind decides.
Shit, I could probably fly if it weren’t for the fact that Ive been told my whole life that I couldn’t.

As far as the beach thing, let people enjoy themselves, no matter how fat or ugly. They just dont care about social opinions which is a beautiful thing. Just like you I hate that crap, and I wear a shirt to the gym that says “spandex must only be worn on bodies deserving it”

Coach:

Welcome to “The Nation”!

But I have to tell ‘ya…smokin’ that stuff just ain’t healthy, man!!!

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Coach:

Welcome to “The Nation”!

Mufasa[/quote]

Well fuck, gimme some of that ganja.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Coach:

Welcome to “The Nation”!

Mufasa[/quote]

Would that be “intent to sell”?

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Coach:

Welcome to “The Nation”!

Mufasa

Would that be “intent to sell”?[/quote]

Haha, nope. I’d call that my stash.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Coach:

Welcome to “The Nation”!

Mufasa[/quote]

OMG! It’s so damn beautiful looking! I’m your friend you know!

[quote]lukepatterson wrote:
I can get a normal person to lift or press 100 pounds more then he ever thought he could usually in the first day…just by training him how to use his brain. [/quote]

You must have Jedi Mind power! Please tell me how to achieve this feat.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Would that be “intent to sell”?[/quote]

No, I think that would be “five year supply”. It’s like money in the bank.

LOL!

You guys are funny!

I just noticed something…

I don’t know if “Ziploc” appreciates the free advertisement!

(Oh well…I guess it’s one of their major markets!)

Mufasa