My New Tattoo

Hi all, just wanted to show off my new tattoo that I got yesterday. I think it turned out beautifully!

Jesus was a pretty cool dude.

Nice tat, turned out v. nicely.

-Sep

Leviticus 19:28

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

You forgot the Chapter and verse reference.

Leviticus 19:26

Do not eat meat with the blood still in it. Do not practice divination or soothsaying.

Leviticus 19:27

Do not clip your hair at the temples, nor trim the edges of your beard.

Sam and John, do you guys follow these also?

[quote]sam747 wrote:

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.[/quote]

It is a good thing that I have been set free from the law.

[quote]Sepukku wrote:
Jesus was a pretty cool dude.

Nice tat, turned out v. nicely.

-Sep[/quote]

Thank you!

Matthew 666:69

Quitteth name-dropping Jesus. He gets it, you loveth him. Bumper sticker-th is as fareth as you should go.

[quote]JPBear wrote:
sam747 wrote:

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

It is a good thing that I have been set free from the law.[/quote]

Great reponse. I’m glad to have you as a sister in Christ.
Izzie

[quote]JPBear wrote:
sam747 wrote:

Good comeback JP!!!

FatSensei

[quote]JPBear wrote:
sam747 wrote:

Right on, girl.

Nice artwork.

Christians in Ethiopia often tattoo crosses on their foreheads or right hands, and have for centuries. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you why, but in that part of the world, the wrong person sees you marked for Christ, and they kill you.

JP is right, we Christians are under grace, not the Mosaic law.

She just wanted to show off her new tattoo, and perhaps her lovely shoulders and back… <:-)

Not start a religous debate for christ sake.

|/ 3Toes

MODOK,

I am fully aware that faith without works is dead. I am also aware that as Christians we are not to use our freedom as a cloak for vice.

I am sure you were just trying to clear things up for those who might think Christians can live a lawless life and hide behind Jesus’ forgiveness, and I appreciate that.

But I do count myself as free from the law in Christ.

“But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.” - Romans 7:6

[quote]sam747 wrote:

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.[/quote]

He also said something about not judging others… be a sport and quote that verse for me as I’m sure you’ve memorized it.

[quote]sic wrote:
sam747 wrote:

He also said something about not judging others… be a sport and quote that verse for me as I’m sure you’ve memorized it.[/quote]

Why thank you for pointing that out sic. There are many verses which say this but here is my favorite:

“Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.” - Romans 14:4

[quote]sic wrote:
sam747 wrote:

He also said something about not judging others… be a sport and quote that verse for me as I’m sure you’ve memorized it.[/quote]

oooooh. You go, girl. :slight_smile:

[quote]sam747 wrote:

Sam - Did you really just rip on someone cause they went and got a tattoo? You pointless little bitch. All the things you could be worried about and you choose this. That shows me how complete your life is.

JP - nice tatt! It’s always refreshing to see someone get a tatt that means something to them, instead of a barbwire arm band. More power to you.

Can’t say I didn’t think of the Leviticus verse…but good thing I don’t judge people quite that much.

What verse is the ‘set free from the law’ quote? Because I kind of want a tattoo and was afraid of what I’d read in Leviticus.

But if one wants to live by the law - the Old Covenant - then one must keep all of it (James 2:10). Transgressing any part of the law means we are guilty of transgressing all of it.

According to Levitical law, we may not eat the meat of rabbits or pigs (Leviticus 11:6-7), nor lobsters, crabs, prawns, oysters or clams (Leviticus 11:10-12).

Hybrid breeding of livestock and mixing linen and wool in fabrics is prohibited (Leviticus 19:19).

Shaving the sides of your head (being clean shaven) or disfiguring the edges of your beard (trimming) are also forbidden (Leviticus 19:27).

So - if you?ve ever eaten a pork sandwich, dined on Maine lobster, trimmed your beard or worn a wool blend suit - or have gotten a tattoo - you?re guilty under the law!