My New Rifle

Yeah this is just an excuse to show off my new gun, it’s a Springfield Armory Socom 16, and play with my digital camera that I got for Christmas and haven’t really tried out until…now.

Home Defense

[quote]Shaka Zulu wrote:
Yeah this is just an excuse to show off my new gun, it’s a Springfield Armory Socom 16, and play with my digital camera that I got for Christmas and haven’t really tried out until…now.[/quote]

Good looking rifle…let us know how you like it.

[quote]Shaka Zulu wrote:
Home Defense[/quote]

Home defense…

i have to remember to never move in North Dakota!

[quote]Shaka Zulu wrote:
Home Defense[/quote]

Where’d ya get the spear?

[quote]P. Bellefeuille wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:
Home Defense

Home defense…

i have to remember to never move in North Dakota![/quote]

THAT"S RIGHT FOOL…YOU BETTER SHOW RESPECT. HA!!

Naaahh…you’d like it here. There’s hardly anybody here and you can still have your Canadian winters. On the other hand…if you like trees…

[quote]etaco wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:
Home Defense

Where’d ya get the spear?[/quote]

I got it off of Cold Steel’s website.

It’s called an Assegai. But if you want one you can look for it on other sites and get it waaaaaayy cheaper.

[quote]Shaka Zulu wrote:
etaco wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:
Home Defense

Where’d ya get the spear?

I got it off of Cold Steel’s website.

It’s called an Assegai. But if you want one you can look for it on other sites and get it waaaaaayy cheaper.
[/quote]

Pricey place. It looks like good quality stuff though. Do you happen to have any recommendations for other high quality but better priced knife stores? It seems like most of the places out there offer really cheapy quality stuff.

Very nice. My home defense looks quite similar!

Now get ready for the a-holes that enjoy pissing off lawful gun owners. Many from other countries that are more “civilized” than ours because gun ownership has been made all but illegal there. Whoopie!

“You don’t NEED those”

“The Second Amendment does not apply to citizens”

“You are more likely to get killed with your own gun”

“Guns (via accidents) kill more people than they protect”

And other assorted, patently false and many-times disproven BS…

It’ll come.

[quote]etaco wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:
etaco wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:

Pricey place. It looks like good quality stuff though. Do you happen to have any recommendations for other high quality but better priced knife stores? It seems like most of the places out there offer really cheapy quality stuff.[/quote]

I’ve heard mixed reviews on Cold Steel’s products. I’ve got a couple of their folders and they’re ok knives. I don’t know of many other companies that manufacture spears however. If you want some internet retailers that have good knife prices (IMO) try these two:

I haven’t ordered from either of them, however, but I plan to in the near future. Oso Grande has the spear if you’re looking for it. Also, if you’re a knife buff register over at www.bladeforums.com. Knife talk all the time

www.knifecenter.com

I have had very good luck on pricing and customer service on both of these sites. Knifecenter.com has the biggest selection.

Nice rifle.

Any reason you went with that particular style/model?

A friend of mine is helping to make a new weapon. Its called “3-ten”. I got to fire it for the first time the other day and its amazing. Puts all military guns to shame. The most amazing thing about this company is that they have the only “bulleted shot shell”. Its a .45 wind mag that fires pellets (like a shotgun) with the round. they also make it in 9mm, and pretty much anything else. This gun is made out of titanium, and is self lubercating. It can be cleaned with water. The cost guard is looking at it now because of the salt water issue on regular weapons. Check it out:
http://www.3-ten.com/

Wow,
She’s a beauty.

[quote]Massif wrote:
Any reason you went with that particular style/model?[/quote]

Why…yes there is. First I think the looks and lines of the gun are nice. I also wanted a rifle in .308. Most of the AR style rifles are .223, although are starting see more .30 caliber AR rifles available these days. Springfield Armory makes some very good products and the M-14/M1A rifle has traditionally been a very reliable rifle. I’ve heard that when the M-16 replaced the M-14 in the early stages of the Vietnam War, that troops were really unhappy with the performance of the M-16 and longed to get their M-14’s back. The modern day M-16’s and AR rifles are pretty high quality, reliable weapons.

Really, it’ll just be fun gun to shoot. As far as home defense goes, I’d be uneasy blasting away with a high power rifle in a residential area. I think a 12 gauge shotgun is best for home defense. Lord knows I have no desire to use either of them in a defense situation. Hopefully that will never happen.

[quote]Shaka Zulu wrote:
Massif wrote:
Any reason you went with that particular style/model?

Why…yes there is. First I think the looks and lines of the gun are nice. I also wanted a rifle in .308. Most of the AR style rifles are .223, although are starting see more .30 caliber AR rifles available these days. Springfield Armory makes some very good products and the M-14/M1A rifle has traditionally been a very reliable rifle. I’ve heard that when the M-16 replaced the M-14 in the early stages of the Vietnam War, that troops were really unhappy with the performance of the M-16 and longed to get their M-14’s back. The modern day M-16’s and AR rifles are pretty high quality, reliable weapons.

Really, it’ll just be fun gun to shoot. As far as home defense goes, I’d be uneasy blasting away with a high power rifle in a residential area. I think a 12 gauge shotgun is best for home defense. Lord knows I have no desire to use either of them in a defense situation. Hopefully that will never happen.

[/quote]

I was just curious. I haven’t had much to do with that style of weapon, so I don’t know much about them.

Looks like good fun, though.

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
A friend of mine is helping to make a new weapon. Its called “3-ten”. I got to fire it for the first time the other day and its amazing. Puts all military guns to shame. The most amazing thing about this company is that they have the only “bulleted shot shell”. Its a .45 wind mag that fires pellets (like a shotgun) with the round. they also make it in 9mm, and pretty much anything else. This gun is made out of titanium, and is self lubercating. It can be cleaned with water. The cost guard is looking at it now because of the salt water issue on regular weapons. Check it out:
http://www.3-ten.com/[/quote]

That’s an interesting piece of equipment.

Damn! That is a nice rifle.

I really like the .308 Winchester cartridge, it’s almost perfect!

How much did the Socom set you back?..if you don’t mind me asking.

Have you tried hi-cap mags?

[quote]Shaka Zulu wrote:
Mr ian wrote:
http://www.3-ten.com/

That’s an interesting piece of equipment.

[/quote]

Looks neat, but the first thing I notice about it is it weighs more then an M16 and it’s range isn’t as far. Guess I’d rather have Shaka’s Socom, or even a good .308 bolt gun.