My New Reverse Hyper

Here are some pics of the reverse hyper I built. This thing is strong enough to hold me and as much weight as i want to pile onto it, and it cost me less than $50 to build since i already had most of the supplies. It works just as well if not better than the professionally built machines I’ve used in the past.

Can we get more pics, I’d like to build one.

another

last one

sorry for the bad quality, but you can probably get an idea

Right on! That makes me miss my old garage day workouts. My brother built a lat pulldown, a dip station and a pull-up bar.

Well done! I did a cable pulldown / row attachment for my power rack, and it came out well. This also looks doable. Thanks for posting.

That’s sweet; you did one hell of a job!

looks alot like the one i just built got about $70 or so in mine.

Wish I had your skills. I can barely use a hammer!

Wish I had your skills. I can barely use a hammer!

[quote]orangutanjuanj wrote:
Wish I had your skills. I can barely use a hammer! [/quote]

Say it one more time for good measure why don’t you! LMAO!! :-))

Darn nice job man!

How is your training going on it, notice a difference? What sort of sets/reps are you doing?

I’ve been doing 4 sets of 10 after my dynamic and max effort lower body days. I had access to one of these machines for the last several months so its nothing new, but my back certainly feels great. My dad has had a bad back for most of his life, and ive reciently got him started using the machine to see if it won’t alleviate his pain. So far so good!

do you have a blueprint for this? Or did you find directions somewhere? Or is this your own make?

[quote]powerbui1der wrote:
I’ve been doing 4 sets of 10 after my dynamic and max effort lower body days. I had access to one of these machines for the last several months so its nothing new, but my back certainly feels great. My dad has had a bad back for most of his life, and ive reciently got him started using the machine to see if it won’t alleviate his pain. So far so good![/quote]

How much weight do you usually use on the reverse hyper?

Usually around 120-150 pounds. I use a lot of momemtum as well… theres really two ways you can perform the exercise; One being very controlled and strict with a pause, the other being more like how a “swing-set” would operate.

I always use my glutes to move the weight towards the top, and its been one of the best posterior chain movements thats ive found, especially that I’m able to do at home! As for exact plans and blueprints, I designed the machine myself, and I’d compile a diagram, some more detailed pictures, specs and blueprints for around $5-10 if someone wanted them. PM me if interested…

My Dad built on of these awhile ago for my cousin, it was real nice. It was all done in rectangular steel. I’ll try to dig up some pictures, and maybe the little blueprint he made.