T Nation

My New Purpose in Life

http://www.christianwrestling.com/

This group wrestles in my hometown in TX. I saw an ad in the newspaper saying they were always looking for new people. I'm going to join so I can hit someone with a collection plate during a match.

Why don’t you start a group for Christian boxing? It could give a whole new meaning to the term right cross.

gives a new meaning to the term Bible thumping.

I’m thinking of a costume that features a Pope hat, cape, and Rosary. I’ll carry a Crucifer to the ring so I can hit people when things go bad. My finishing move will be a submission hold called Purgatory.

Dress up as a schoolboy and call yourself Retribution.

[quote]Bungalow wrote:
Dress up as a schoolboy and call yourself Retribution.[/quote]

This, do this. Video tape it as well

oh…funny…

I can’t stop laughing but at the same time I’d like to actually say its a cool idea. I mean as long as all the wrestlers are clean and aren’t using profanity during the matches it seems like a great way to inspire the kids to strive for health and fitness… but yeah it is random as fuck.

Go with the schoolboy outfit.

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

I’m not really into social statements, but I like the idea of having this motto:

“Spreading the Gospel one headlock at a time.”

You could always be a villain, and enter to AC/DC’s Highway to hell…

[quote]BBriere wrote:

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

I’m not really into social statements, but I like the idea of having this motto:

“Spreading the Gospel one headlock at a time.”[/quote]

but you are doing Christian wrestling? “Spreading the Gospel one headlock at a time”? Thats not a social statement?

At any rate, make sure you also display your denomination. That could dispel current negative connotations.

EDIT: Good luck with that.

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[quote]BBriere wrote:

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

“Spreading the Gospel one headlock at a time.”[/quote]

but you are doing Christian wrestling? “Spreading the Gospel one headlock at a time”? Thats not a social statement?

At any rate, make sure you also display your denomination. That could dispel current negative connotations.

EDIT: Good luck with that.[/quote]

Ok, Christian wrestling is a social statement. In case anyone was interested I was raised and am a member of the Lutheran church. I only call myself a Christian though not a Lutheran.

I was also thinking of calling myself the Trinitarian Barbarian and challenging anyone performing Jesus name only baptisms.

Also, my current record in the ring all time is 0-1. I agreed to do a match in an organization one of my friends belonged to when we were 18 or 19. He was part of the tag team champions. I was called the scholar and dressed in a graduation robe and cap. While I was telling the audience how stupid they were my opponent hit me in the back, body slammed me, and pinned me to win in about 10 seconds. No pictures that I know of exist of this match, but I can ask my friend if he possibly has any.

[quote]BBriere wrote:
I’m thinking of a costume that features a Pope hat, cape, and Rosary. I’ll carry a Crucifer to the ring so I can hit people when things go bad. My finishing move will be a submission hold called Purgatory.[/quote]

You’re missing the obvious. you’re finishing move should be the crucifix