My New Baby!

I love it!! But I agree where did ya find one with the push handles – might get my vote for a new purchase since I have been thinking about a prowler.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
Modi wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
Alpha wrote:
Awesome! so we will be seeing a leaner meaner modi soon huh?

he just called you fat.

I saw that.

don’t listen to a word of it…

i love how your knees rub together when you walk.
[/quote]

I just snorted so hard I spit on my screen. I hope you two are happy.

After a month or so a way from it, I just did some pulling and dragging of the sled again. That was an hour and a half ago and just starting to cool down, lol.
To echo all, I want one with the handles though!

I once saw a Pitbull on one of those in his yard. Damn strong dog to, looked like he took steroids for a living.

Just 4 your entertainment

Can you pussy’s beat this beast ?

How exactly do you walk a dog like that, with your car ? I mean holy shit.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
It’s a beauty! Where did you get that new-fangled device? I’ve never seen a sled with upright pole holders.[/quote]

I got it from a guy on ebay that builds them. They are only $89 plus another $40 for shipping. It comes with the upright handles and the pull strap as well.

If anyone is interested just do an ebay search for strongman sled or powerlifting sled. The picture on ebay is one that hasn’t been painted yet. He sprays them black, and the welds all look solid. It’s actually a lot nicer than I expected.

or try this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAGGING-OR-PUSHING-SLED-POWERLIFTING-STRONGMAN_W0QQitemZ190302684506QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c4eec855a&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

[quote]Firebug9 wrote:
I love it!! But I agree where did ya find one with the push handles – might get my vote for a new purchase since I have been thinking about a prowler.[/quote]

Yeah, I love Elitefts, and have a bunch of their stuff, but I couldn’t justify the $524 for a prowler. I decided to save the extra $400 for other stuff.

Damn, thanks for the Link Modi. I was going to buy it thru the same store I bought my chains thru and it was quite a bit more. and you had to buy the straps separate. I don’t suppose you know anyone like that who makes Logs ?

[quote]LjSimpson08 wrote:
Damn, thanks for the Link Modi. I was going to buy it thru the same store I bought my chains thru and it was quite a bit more. and you had to buy the straps separate. I don’t suppose you know anyone like that who makes Logs ?[/quote]

Sorry, not off the top of my head.

[quote]King_Me wrote:
Just 4 your entertainment

Can you pussy’s beat this beast ?

[/quote]

This just makes me sad for that dog…

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

This just makes me sad for that dog…[/quote]

Why? They are bred for it. My female Staff’s grandfather was a National weight pull champion. She has excellent “rear angulation” and the breeder basically begged me to take a harness and teach her to pull. Told me she is built just like her grandpa. Having watched some of his dogs pull, these dogs act like a lab about to chase a ball when the pulling harness comes out. It’s fun for them. They are extremely game. Believe me when I tell you the dog has to have that in them. You can’t train it. It’s something to behold.

To modi, we drag quite a bit and I really like forward and backward ankle drags as well as sideways belt drags. (In addition to all the other pulls.)

We also do a lot of both traditional and high rows, movements similar to band pull aparts, etc.

Also, we will do something that kind of mimics a walking pull down ab movement that is brutal.

I think I will drop my sled off at a welder friend’s place this weekend and have him weld in bar holders like your’s. That is awesome.

Pretty cool.

Jason

Nice Modi. I never thought to put push handles on the one I had built for me. Maybe I can bring it back into work and they could weld some poles on there for me. Hmmmm…

why the 2 extra poles at each end anyway? cant you fit all the weights on the middle one

[quote]King_Me wrote:
why the 2 extra poles at each end anyway? cant you fit all the weights on the middle one [/quote]

LOLerskates.

-chris

[quote]Modi wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
i’ve got me one of those there sled thingys. i like to take it to my local park for a pull. i tell you what though, the difference in friction created by fresh cut grass and grass that hasn’t been cut in a week is huge.

it’s a good thing i shave my balls… that’s all i have to say.

No Doubt! The grass was pretty thick today. Whenever I hit a bare patch, or a high spot where the grass was shorter it was a welcome relief.[/quote]

I know how this is when you change terrain texture. We were pulling max weight for 40m and I had a ton of plates humming along with some speed and then I hit a dead patch. My weight was so pushed forward i just went tits first into the turf. It let up so much tension that i couldn’t even get a foot under me. pulling, pulling, wham. If onyl we video taped stuff back then.

-chris

If you dont mind me asking how much did it cost and where could a guy find a cheap sled?

[quote]Modi wrote:
LjSimpson08 wrote:
Damn, thanks for the Link Modi. I was going to buy it thru the same store I bought my chains thru and it was quite a bit more. and you had to buy the straps separate. I don’t suppose you know anyone like that who makes Logs ?

Sorry, not off the top of my head.[/quote]

Alan makes great stuff at some of the lowest prices you will find.

Looks real nice. The painted sled looks better than the pic the guy uses on his ebay ad. How’s it hold up for pushing? Any issues with tipping forward?

I’ve seen this on ebay for a while now and thought of buying one. Instead I rigged my own, since I already had a sled and other scrap materials.
[photo]22449[/photo][photo]22450[/photo]
I just cut a hole in some scrap wood and slid it on the post of the sled. Works fine so far, but yours looks much nicer