My Neighbors Think I'm an Extremely Odd Individual

My university gym kind of sucks so I’ve taken to trying to get as much lifting done at home. I just dis-assembled and carried in a brand new reverse hyper machine piece by piece at 10pm and people were looking at me like I was building a bomb. my apartment is tiny so the machine basically takes up half of it. I’ve found a great chinup bar across the street at the hospital, and I’m on the lookout for a junkyard tire so I can do sled drags in my alleyway.

i can’t wait until its freezing out and im out there dragging a makeshift sled back and forth while they sit on their balconies and smoke. im thinking of making a really ghetto squat rack between two old poles that are outside too, i could get someone to weld on two L plates to hold a barbell and i’ll leave it out there so it gets all rusty. awesome.

Why would you want to work out with rusty stuff? Throw a tarp on it.

agreed, working out on a rusty barbell doesn’t really make it any more hardcore than a workout out on a normal one.

it does if theres blood, animal urine and hepititis on it.

I find rust on a barbell to be pre-chalked! Just make sure to have your tetanous (sp) shot. My neighbors think I’m a steroid abusing freak and a socially deviant individual. Actually the greater part of the this small podunk fuckhead town I live in thinks that way.

One of my neighbors calls me Hercules. The other one watches me when I work out in my backyard shirtless. I need to move. =/

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
it does if theres blood, animal urine and hepititis on it. [/quote]

haha awsome…

[quote]fatcat wrote:
My university gym kind of sucks so I’ve taken to trying to get as much lifting done at home. I just dis-assembled and carried in a brand new reverse hyper machine piece by piece at 10pm and people were looking at me like I was building a bomb. my apartment is tiny so the machine basically takes up half of it. I’ve found a great chinup bar across the street at the hospital, and I’m on the lookout for a junkyard tire so I can do sled drags in my alleyway.

i can’t wait until its freezing out and im out there dragging a makeshift sled back and forth while they sit on their balconies and smoke. im thinking of making a really ghetto squat rack between two old poles that are outside too, i could get someone to weld on two L plates to hold a barbell and i’ll leave it out there so it gets all rusty. awesome. [/quote]

If it ain’t rainin’, you aren’t trainin’

Learn how to weld, your college should have a class in MIG welding, and build your own shit. You can rent a welder at home depot or make your projects in class. You’ll be the next Arthur Jones.

…yeah go spend $400 on a college welding class (do colleges other than trade schools even have them?) so that you can build a squat rack. good plan.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
One of my neighbors calls me Hercules. The other one watches me when I work out in my backyard shirtless. I need to move. =/[/quote]

the kitchen people at my work call me burro

…yeah go spend $400 on a college welding class (do colleges other than trade schools even have them?) so that you can build a squat rack. good plan.[/quote]

but with the class you’d have the welding knowledge… so its not such a bad idea.

welding aint easy if you’ve ever tried it by any chance.

[quote]fatcat wrote:
welding aint easy if you’ve ever tried it by any chance. [/quote]

What’s hard about it? Even spot welds would be fine for the rack itself. Safety pins would need bead welds obviously or pins if you make it adjustable.

wfifer wrote:
One of my neighbors calls me Hercules. The other one watches me when I work out in my backyard shirtless. I need to move. =/

the kitchen people at my work call me burro[/quote]

Why do they call you burry?

Livefromthe781 - LMFAO @ “burro”

Better than “donkey” or “ship of the desert” (camel)