My Mother Hung Herself

Your life goes on, keep your chin up.

[quote]kheaslim wrote:
Otep wrote:
Ironic you should post this in the ‘GET a life’ section.

Wow man. You truly are a piece of shit. [/quote]

x2

If you’re going to even be so desperate as to make a joke, don’t make it a half-baked pun.

My condolences. Suicides are tough and bewildering to those left behind to mourn, but it does get better. God Bless.

To the OP,

Why would you post something like this on a message board? Not trying be a dick, just curious.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Ironic you should post this in the ‘GET a life’ section.[/quote]

heh, that is ironic. Although wayyyyyy too soon to be making jokes man, twas uncalled for.

Sincere condolences to you and your family Con@n. These are hard times, but it’s getting through these that tempers the soul. Good luck

I’m so sorry Con@n.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Hiding things from family members + such a traumatic loss will compound the difficulty for you as an individual. I’m not saying to tell everyone, but you need to make sure to take care of yourself too. I’m so sorry for your loss, and please remember that you need to make sure you’re healthy before you can worry about the health of anyone else.[/quote]

x2

Take care of yourself.

Sorry to hear it, ill pray for your mom.

I am really sorry to hear this. This is a very tough thing to deal with but please in no way blame yourself. Clinical depression is a nasty, insidious illness and can eat away at you like a cancer.

My aunt made several suicide attempts before finally succumbing to liver failure (her liver was damaged by multiple ODs) and I suffered from it myself for while, though I recovered fully.
I hope your mother has found some peace.
Beset wishes to you and stay strong.

my condolences man. Keep your head up.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
Sorry to hear it, ill pray for your mom.

[/quote]

X2…ill pray for you too

Wow.

Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.

Condolences to you OP. But if you loved your mother then think about the times she supported you as a child even when everyone else thought you were wrong. My mother (followed by a “I know he’s no angel but”) ALWAYS supported me.

If you prefer to see your mother in a more positive light then cut the bullshit and drop the shame of the issue. You do not need to lie to ANYONE about your mother’s decisions. She decided to raise you to be the person you are today and you are forever greatful of that.

Lying about it is essentially just lying to yourself and implies more shame than need be.

If you believe she is in heaven then let it be. But don’t suppress memories of her, especially not the good ones. Defend the good ones until you meet with her again.

• Not the teachings of Christ.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Condolences to you OP. But if you loved your mother then think about the times she supported you as a child even when everyone else thought you were wrong. My mother (followed by a “I know he’s no angel but”) ALWAYS supported me.

If you prefer to see your mother in a more positive light then cut the bullshit and drop the shame of the issue. You do not need to lie to ANYONE about your mother’s decisions. She decided to raise you to be the person you are today and you are forever greatful of that.

Lying about it is essentially just lying to yourself and implies more shame than need be.

If you believe she is in heaven then let it be. But don’t suppress memories of her, especially not the good ones. Defend the good ones until you meet with her again.

• Not the teachings of Christ.[/quote]

He hit the nail on the head.

OP, keeps your chin up man, remember, tough times don’t last, tough people do. Remember your mother and all the great times you had together with her, and if your in-laws are going to judge your mother, then let God take it up with them on doomsday.

My condolences man. Keep your chin up. It get’s better with time. I had a friend that passed from a similar experience. Seek peace in something you love to do. I haven’t passed from a similar experience but I seek peace in the gym.

BC

My sincere condolences, mate. Keep your head up and stay strong. Realize as well that you had NOTHING to do with this; you are not a culprit. Take care of yourself, best of luck in dealing with your family, whatever decision you take.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Ironic you should post this in the ‘GET a life’ section.[/quote]

Quite possibly the weakest sorry-ass-excuse-for-a-MAN post I`ve yet to see on these forums.
Beyond pathetic.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Clinical depression is a nasty, insidious illness and can eat away at you like a cancer.
[/quote]

Yes. It is absolutely an illness. Not a judgment of the people left behind or the quality of those relationships.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Cal Jones wrote:
Clinical depression is a nasty, insidious illness and can eat away at you like a cancer.

Yes. It is absolutely an illness. Not a judgment of the people left behind or the quality of those relationships. [/quote]

Absolutely.

It can be such a painful thing to watch someone go through it.

OP, take care of yourself. My condolences go out to you and your family.

I’m sorry to hear about his, you should write to help get through this.