T Nation

My Mother Hung Herself

My mother hanged herself monday night, it has to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to go through. I have so many questions. She didn’t leave a note, and I talked to her the day before and see sounded normal. Over this past week I’ve learned that she had 2 suicide attempts before I was born and 1 when I was 4 years old but never knew. It’s so sad and I feel shes completely different then the woman that raised, but at the same time I can see it.

One of the hardest parts we are not telling anyone in my dad or mother’s family it was a suicide. My dads family is hardcore catholic and never liked my mother. My mother’s side is very family oriented and my dad, sister, and I feel it would leave a black mark on my mother.

This whole situation is jacked up. But I still love my mother, I’m angry at her for giving up on us, but I won’t judge her. I think I will just remember the good times and try and learn and further motivate myself from this situation. She is in a better place now, RIP mom.

P.S.
I have always been opposed to tatoos, but I’m contemplating getting one at the bottom of my foot. Not for people to see, but for me to know.

i’m not really sure what the tattoo has to do with your mom dying.

i’m curious as to how you are explaining her deaths to the families

Hiding things from family members + such a traumatic loss will compound the difficulty for you as an individual. I’m not saying to tell everyone, but you need to make sure to take care of yourself too. I’m so sorry for your loss, and please remember that you need to make sure you’re healthy before you can worry about the health of anyone else.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i’m not really sure what the tattoo has to do with your mom dying.

i’m curious as to how you are explaining her deaths to the families[/quote]

He’s probably going to get a tattoo to honor his mother. dur.

Ironic you should post this in the ‘GET a life’ section.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Ironic you should post this in the ‘GET a life’ section.[/quote]

Have fun in hell. Save me a spot.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Wow. I’m impressed.

OP, I lost my mother simalarly a few years ago. Heh, tomorrow’s the anniversary. Trust me, it gets easier.

Point of reference: The tattoo place I went to get mine said they don’t do tattoos on the bottom of the foot because they literally might wear off.

Keep that in mind.

My condolences go out to you brother, I think the tattoo would be a good thing, something that would remind you of her, and all the good times you had while you were growing up.

My prayers for you and your mom.

My mom committed suicide when I was 16. It does get easier over time. I would not get a tattoo, that will only serve to remind you how alone she was in the end. Sorry to be harsh, but it’s the truth.

She’s in a better place now.

If anything, it drove me to be a bettter person today. I really think I’m the best dad on the planet because I try to make up for her and my dad and my childhood.

Good luck. PM me if you want.

I am sorry for your loss, con@n. I can’t even imagine what you are going through, but it sounds like you have a family to help you got through it.

good luck.

My mother killed herself 2 years ago last week.

My condolences.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Wow man. You truly are a piece of shit.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Point of reference: The tattoo place I went to get mine said they don’t do tattoos on the bottom of the foot because they literally might wear off.

Keep that in mind. [/quote]

Fuck that if I went into a shop and said tattoo the bottom of my fucking foot. They better tattoo the bottom of my foot. I am paying for a service, and unless it is dangerous to my health why would should they object.

P.S. I have a tattoo of someone’s name on my foot. It has worn down, but fuck they are special to me and I’d do that shit everyday if I needed too.

[quote]Con@n wrote:
My mother hanged herself monday night, it has to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to go through. I have so many questions. She didn’t leave a note, and I talked to her the day before and see sounded normal. Over this past week I’ve learned that she had 2 suicide attempts before I was born and 1 when I was 4 years old but never knew. It’s so sad and I feel shes completely different then the woman that raised, but at the same time I can see it.

One of the hardest parts we are not telling anyone in my dad or mother’s family it was a suicide. My dads family is hardcore catholic and never liked my mother. My mother’s side is very family oriented and my dad, sister, and I feel it would leave a black mark on my mother.

This whole situation is jacked up. But I still love my mother, I’m angry at her for giving up on us, but I won’t judge her. I think I will just remember the good times and try and learn and further motivate myself from this situation. She is in a better place now, RIP mom.

P.S.
I have always been opposed to tatoos, but I’m contemplating getting one at the bottom of my foot. Not for people to see, but for me to know.[/quote]

Hey, tell your family, fuck them if they say shit. That is bullshit, I am a Catholic and if any of my family (they are Catholic) would do some shit like that to my mother I would call them the fuck out.

No one disrespects my parents, and you shouldn’t have to hide what your mother did or who she was. You should be proud of your ma (everyone makes mistakes whatever you consider a mistake), and again if anyone in your family says shit, fuck them.

Sorry for your loss, man.

My good friend hung himself on Wednesday morning - he too, seemed fine at the time.

Uncalled for, bro.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Conan, I am so sorry for your loss. Suicide is a terrible thing. You will slowly grow to live with this tragic event. Good luck with your life and don’t judge your mother. Enough people would judge her if they knew and you are going to be the one to always forgive her for your pain; always remaining loyal.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Hey Otep, why don’t you keep your fucking mouth closed, you utter cunt.

I’m really surprised someone would make a joke about it. Dick move.

I’m really sorry for your loss, and like what others have said I don’t think you should add to the stress by keeping the truth from your family. They should be understanding.