T Nation

My Military Press Form

Hi folks, it’s me again. Here is my Military Press video on TM set (Beyond 1.2 actually). Can you check my form?

What exactly are you concerned about here with your form?

[quote]-Adrian wrote:
Hi folks, it’s me again. Here is my Military Press video on TM set (Beyond 1.2 actually). Can you check my form?

Looks good better than mine

I can’t find a fault really. Hips move a little bit but nothing major.

I am not an expert, but the form looks pretty solid. It is text book quality compared to mine.

Learn to use your hips. Other than that - if the weight goes up, who cares what it looks like.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
Learn to use your hips. Other than that - if the weight goes up, who cares what it looks like. [/quote]

Jim can you explain what you mean by use your hips? As in flex the glutes type thing? Or use your hips to assist like a push press?

Watch the press 2.0 on the starting strength website. Mark breaks it down pretty well, it’s basically the same form of the press they were using in the Olympics that ultimately got it banned.

[quote]knormxxx wrote:
Watch the press 2.0 on the starting strength website. Mark breaks it down pretty well, it’s basically the same form of the press they were using in the Olympics that ultimately got it banned.[/quote]

This. It’s hard to teach unless you are in person. I start by telling someone “use your body to lift the weight but knees have to be straight.” If they don’t get it then, I stop trying.

Again, thanks for advices!