My Meal Plan: Need Some Input

Right now, this is what my diet looks like on lifting days.

I am looking to decrease my intake a bit while still keeping a caloric surplus, maybe down to 3900 calories. So cut about 500-600 calories.
What should I add/change? Any suggestions?

3:00 AM (usually get up for pee) - 1 scoop Metabolic Drive
8:00 AM - 6 jumbo egg whites, 3 servings oatmeal (3 packets)
11:00 AM - 1/2 pound extra lean beef burger
1:30 PM - 1/2 pound extra lean beef burger
3:00 - pre-workout 1 scoop Grow!, banana
3:45 workout - 1 serving Surge
5:15 pwo - 1.5 servings Surge
6:30 - 0.8 lb grilled salmon, 2 cups pasta and tomato sauce
8:00 - bag mixed veggies with tomato sauce
10:30 - 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 3 whole jumbo eggs

4487 calories,
40% protein (438g)
27% fat (140g)
33% carbohydrates (382g)

Also, on off-days I am wondering how to plan my diet - I usually have very little carbs except for breakfast (some fruit or protein bar) and get around 3600 calories. I end up eating more whole eggs and fish. Is it a good idea to keep carbs low on off days to offset fat gain?

I’d cut the workout Surge.
Maybe cut the morning oatmeal in half.
and maybe cut your evening pasta serving size a little. That would probably put your around 500-600 cals less

what’s with your 8pm meal? no protein?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I’d cut the workout Surge.
Maybe cut the morning oatmeal in half.
and maybe cut your evening pasta serving size a little. That would probably put your around 500-600 cals less

what’s with your 8pm meal? no protein?[/quote]

Agreed.

Also, maybe swap 6:30 meal and your 11:00/1:30 meal. Consume the beef with the 8pm veggies. That’ll put your carbs earlier in the day before you workout along with some lean meat, and some fattier slow-digesting protein towards the end of the day in the absense of carbs.

Ok, I did this:

• Morning oatmeal 2 packets instead of 3
  • Removed workout serving of Surge
  • Split up salmon - 1/2 pwo meal, 1/2 with the 8:00 veggies

That brings me down to 4039 cals.

3:00 AM (usually get up for pee) - 1 scoop Metabolic Drive
8:00 AM - 6 jumbo egg whites, 2 servings oatmeal (2 packets)
11:00 AM - 1/2 pound extra lean beef burger
1:30 PM - 1/2 pound extra lean beef burger
3:00 - pre-workout 1 scoop Grow!, banana
5:15 pwo - 1.5 servings Surge
6:30 - 0.4 lb grilled salmon, 2 cups pasta and tomato sauce
8:00 - 0.4 lb grilled salmon, bag mixed veggies with tomato sauce
10:30 - 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 3 whole jumbo eggs

4037 calories,
41% protein (401g)
29% fat (133g)
30% carbohydrates (309g)

I’m wondering about how to handle the off days though… do you guys generally keep intake consistent on on/off days, or bring it in closer to maintenance if you are trying not to gain too much fat?

You can also swap out the “packets” of oatmeal with some straight OATS. just add a packet of splenda (they now have splenda WITH fiber, sweet!) and some cinnamon. Those packets have a lot of sugar’s in them.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
You can also swap out the “packets” of oatmeal with some straight OATS. just add a packet of splenda (they now have splenda WITH fiber, sweet!) and some cinnamon. Those packets have a lot of sugar’s in them.

[/quote]

I’ve been eating the steel cut oats for the longest time, I just find them hard to stomach anymore… the packets I bought have only 4g of sugar each - they are the “50% less sugar” variety. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have a few grams of sugar in the morning, but if you think it would make a difference I’ll man up and go back to my oatmeal (was using splenda and cinnamon!)…

I was also thinking of replacing the 0.4 pounds of salmon with a can or two of tuna fish pwo, because I seem to remember that fat slows down digestion, and wouldn’t I want my pwo meal to digest quickly? The salmon is a fatty fish.

I used to use those same quaker 50% less packs too…easy to eat dry from the packet. lol

i don’t think it made a MASSIVE diference, but a few grams here, a few theres…little tweaks.

i jsut get rolled oats now.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I used to use those same quaker 50% less packs too…easy to eat dry from the packet. lol

i don’t think it made a MASSIVE diference, but a few grams here, a few theres…little tweaks.

i jsut get rolled oats now. [/quote]

Well I know what I’m doing… the apple/cinnamon flavor has only 3 grams sugar per packet - I tried it this morning… delicious… bits of dried apple in there too :slight_smile: I buy the Kroger brand though.
Figure it should be ok, I otherwise restrict carbs to pwo on lifting days and morning/early afternoon on off days.