My Meal Plan, Is It a Decent One?

meal 1-6 eggs a protein shake with oats and a fruit
meal 2-4 pb and j sandwiches and fruit
meal 3-same as meal 3
meal 4- rice and one chicken patty
meal 5-protein shake with oats

how would you guys change this around (on a limited budget)

PB&J’s seem like empty calories. Guess it depends on your training, fitness, and body-composition goals.

what would you replace them with?

Are you allergic to vegetables?

What?

[quote]240lbs40vert wrote:
meal 3-same as meal 3[/quote]

I lol’d

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Are you allergic to vegetables?[/quote]

X2

You should get MUCH more veggies (and some fruits and berries) then the ‘5 a day’…

What is meal 3?

[quote]2thepain wrote:
What is meal 3?[/quote]

same as meal 3. duh.

[quote]Xab wrote:
What?

240lbs40vert wrote:
meal 3-same as meal 3
[/quote]

Haha that certainly brightened up my morning, thank you ever so much.

Bulking, I sometimes will have PB&J’s as a minor cheat but I couldn’t justify including them as a major staple of my diet (though I wish I could).
Not to turn this into a thread about the wonderous PB&J but when I do have it I’ll use a real heavy bread like Rye or Irish Soda Brown Bread so I don’t go too crazy before satiety kicks in.
I also got some great diabetic jam sweetened with sorbitol.

Replace it with grilled/poached chicken breast and oatmeal w/fruit (apples+berries in my case)!

On a limited budget I would replace the PB&J sandwiches with something like tuna sandwiches or chicken if you can get it cheap. Not too sure what meal 3 is, it makes it a little hard to tell if it is decent or not.

my fault guys. meal 3 was supposed to be the same as meal 2. im thinking about just overall replacing that with probably either tuna sandwiches or ham sandwiches.

what cheap veggies would you guys recommned and during what time of the day?

Don’t think the time of day particularly makes a difference with veg, however I usually have a large serving with my penultimate or last meal of the day as part of a P+F meal. But i’d suggest eating some with every meal if you can.

As for what kind of veggies; i always liked broccoli. But i’d guess whatever you fancy, mix it up a bit and eat a varied selection.

[quote]240lbs40vert wrote:
my fault guys. meal 3 was supposed to be the same as meal 2. im thinking about just overall replacing that with probably either tuna sandwiches or ham sandwiches.

what cheap veggies would you guys recommned and during what time of the day?[/quote]

One of many great things about our country is that many veggies and fruits are subsidized, so they’re very cheap. Frankly, there are no vegetables that are bad for you. Every single one has tons of positive qualities, be it high-quality carbs, fiber, phytochemicals, and those great stickers on most fruits.

I eat a lot of carrots, celery, spinach, and romaine lettuce. Just try to get some in every meal. It will help with getting fiber frequently enough, and will help control cravings since veggies are so volumnous but low calorie.

[quote]Xab wrote:
240lbs40vert wrote:

what cheap veggies would you guys recommned and during what time of the day?

[/quote]

I like to pick up a bag of mixed veggies from HEB. Its like 5 lbs of veggies for like 3 bucks. Boil them up with some salt and some kind of sauce after you’ve drained them. Delicious