My Masseuse

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
I get a monthly massage. My guy’s a gay guy and he massages my glutes (that’s as happy an ending as I need frankly). I pay $59 and I tip $8. The first one was deep tissue which I did not enjoy. The rest have been Swedish. Really does feel awesome.[/quote]

I would so give your glutes a deep massage…damn, I cant stop. lol

I had a Swedish one once and felt way too pampered. Mainly, since I use them as “active recovery”[/quote]

Tee hee. Yeah I understand the pampered thing. The deep tissue one came at a time when my back and shoulders were so damn tight from my work outs that it hurt but I had immense relief after. My Swedish guy did a medium deep version and I think it’s because he could feel and see all of the muscle.

He’s the first guy in my life to offer the glutes and again, I think he knew I needed it (insert dirty thought here). Massages are great for active recovery, especially for the really big lifters.

I should go regularly, my upper back and shoulders are so tight because that’s where I carry all my stress, but between waxing and getting mani/pedis, I would need a little bit of a raise…

I have not invested in this thing called waxing at this point. I only do the pedi’s because my nails get trashed in the gym so why bother. I keep them short with clear polish. I also can successfully go three weeks between pedi’s. Even if you did a once a month massage, it’d be worth it. Are the costs of these services a bit less than they were in Chicago?

I have not invested in this thing called waxing at this point. I only do the pedi’s because my nails get trashed in the gym so why bother. I keep them short with clear polish. I also can successfully go three weeks between pedi’s. Even if you did a once a month massage, it’d be worth it. Are the costs of these services a bit less than they were in Chicago?[/quote]

The waxing I don’t know about because I haven’t gone yet. The mani/pedi, I’ve just gotten one and it was WAY cheaper than Chicago, and I have acrylic nails so to get a fill is more expensive than a regular mani. I use VEET for my legs so the only thing I would get waxed now is my bikini line, which I get a brazilian.

[quote]rasturai wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Is Awesome =)

Anyone else get massage therapy professionally done with any regularity? My typical session is Deep Tissue but recently I’ve added Stone Therapy…yeah, no homo. I actually like the flexibility and how much my ROM increases from the work I get done.

******************Unrelated,I’ve never been offered a happy ending. Which leads me to believe they dont exist or my clinic is actually only a massage clinic and everything done there is on the up and up…which is ok, I guess.[/quote]

You are an idiot, at least about the laws. If a masseuse solicits sex for money, she can get in big time trouble. If you ask, then less likely she’ll be getting into trouble because it is entrapment if the guy is the police.[/quote]

lol, chill dude…that happy ending thing was a joke.[/quote]

fuck jokes…grow some balls and get em massaged. i have faith in u[/quote]

Wow, a Canadian saying grow a pair…makes no sense.

And Faith isnt real…this is me…c’mon man[/quote]

low blow.[/quote]

Yeah…I know there’s the cliche about Canadians being polite, but not having balls would be wrong. Perhaps the Yank is confusing us with the French?
Don’t mention Quebec.

I go get a massage every 3 to 4 weeks. Deep tissue is the way to go. Sometimes the day after it felt like I worked out. I’ve also had cupping and a few other alt massage therapies.

Ive actually been waiting to brag about this for quite some time. I hooked up with a massage therapist at a wedding recently. The massage was dissapointing, the happy ending was out of this world.

The problem with the massage is that it was very light btw. I should have asked her to really put the hurting on me I guess.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I go about every 4-6 weeks.

Had a female at first who was great, but she left. Went to see a guy at my gym (thought it would be weird), but he’s awesome.

I can only assume he does something along the lines of A.R.T, as I never knew a guy putting his elbow into my glutes could hurt (feel) so good, along with moving hip joint.

I usually just focus on my back (tension + previous neck injury) and glutes/hams

I pay $45 for 1/2 hr, but many times he goes for the full hour.[/quote]

I’m not asking for a happy ending but I dont think I could have a male masseuse. It would just seem so damn weird.

I get massages regularly enough when I’m feeling stressed or after heavy sessions. I got a happy ending in China when I was 16, I felt really guilty initially but realised how class it was soon after.

Is Awesome =)

Anyone else get massage therapy professionally done with any regularity? My typical session is Deep Tissue but recently I’ve added Stone Therapy…yeah, no homo. I actually like the flexibility and how much my ROM increases from the work I get done.

******************Unrelated,I’ve never been offered a happy ending. Which leads me to believe they dont exist or my clinic is actually only a massage clinic and everything done there is on the up and up…which is ok, I guess.[/quote]

Just pull your dick out right in front of the chick and wave a twenty dollar bill in front of it.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

…The problem with the massage is that it was very light btw. I should have asked her to really put the hurting on me I guess.[/quote]

I’ve had this problem, too light of a massage, more often than not. Most that I’ve been too either don’t have the requisite strength and endurance to “do me right” or they just don’t try hard enough.

Well, well, well, I told that to this little bitty Vietnamese woman once.

She.

Hurt.

Me.

She literally crawled all over me on the massage table, diggin’ in with her elbows with the support of her bodyweight (what little of it there was).

I had tears leaking out of my eyes.

She was an amazing entrepreneur with a great story. An escapee from the fall of Saigon who had immigrated to Greeley, Colorado and built a great, successful business. (No happy ending with that massage, FYI)[/quote]

I bet you loved every minute of it!

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]rasturai wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Is Awesome =)

You are an idiot, at least about the laws. If a masseuse solicits sex for money, she can get in big time trouble. If you ask, then less likely she’ll be getting into trouble because it is entrapment if the guy is the police.[/quote]

lol, chill dude…that happy ending thing was a joke.[/quote]

fuck jokes…grow some balls and get em massaged. i have faith in u[/quote]

Wow, a Canadian saying grow a pair…makes no sense.

And Faith isnt real…this is me…c’mon man[/quote]

low blow.[/quote]

Yeah…I know there’s the cliche about Canadians being polite, but not having balls would be wrong. Perhaps the Yank is confusing us with the French?
Don’t mention Quebec.
[/quote]

fuck this wannabe vampire

a guy putting his elbow into my glutes [/quote]

No fucking way. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

[quote]andrew_live wrote:

I go about every 4-6 weeks.

Had a female at first who was great, but she left. Went to see a guy at my gym (thought it would be weird), but he’s awesome.

I can only assume he does something along the lines of A.R.T, as I never knew a guy putting his elbow into my glutes could hurt (feel) so good, along with moving hip joint.

I usually just focus on my back (tension + previous neck injury) and glutes/hams

I pay $45 for 1/2 hr, but many times he goes for the full hour.[/quote]

I’m not asking for a happy ending but I dont think I could have a male masseuse. It would just seem so damn weird.
[/quote]

Especially when you forget and lie down the opposite way so the hole gives room for your erection.

AMIRITE?

I’m a massage therapist and a personal trainer. I trade out with my therapist and get 1 1/2 hr session weekly. She does a great job, and if she didn’t I would find someone who could give me what I need, guy or girl.

As far as finding a massage therapist, I find they are a lot like trainers. A bunch of people become licensed because it is a pretty quick education and a job that’s easy to find. There are the good and there are the really bad. The trick is to find a therapist that has passion for the job and continues to educate themselves. If they take care of themselves, that’s a definite plus. They will understand a little better what you, as an athlete, will need.

Regular massage and a foam roller will do wonders for your lifts and your longevity.

What I learned from this thread is to find my next massage from craigslist.

I’m a massage therapist. If there’s any complaints I have about my clients who work out, it’s their refusal to stretch and foam roll/smr.

Other than that, my job is pretty awesome.

Some tips:
-If you are going to go the route of getting an individual therapist who works on their own, have them email you a breakdown of their education (i.e. what classes they have taken and how many hours each class was).

Most states have a minimum requirement of hours for licensing and then a yearly requirement for continuing education. What that sometimes translates into is people taking a bunch of shitty 6 hour courses that don’t amount to much of anything and are pretty much blow off courses. I’d recommend looking for someone who has either taken a Sports Massage and/or Deep Tissue program, Neuromuscular Therapy, or an Orthopedic program (and by program, I mean at least 50 hours or so minimum). This won’t guarantee that they are the best therapist, but they’ll be better than a swedish only therapist.

-If you are going to go with a franchise company (Massage Envy, Massage Green, etc.) most clinics will have therapist bio’s that you can look at that will tell you a bit about their education and preference of massgage.

Make sure you ask how much hands on time you get per massage; at my clinic, each session is either 50/80/110 minutes of hands on time-the rest is for intake/dressing/outtake (not sure if that’s the right term)

-Either route, remember you are the one paying for the massage, so if the pressure is too light or too heavy, tell the therapist to change it to your liking. If they are spending too much time somewhere (i.e. you want back and they are doing a ton of leg work), ask them how what they are doing is going to help your problem areas.

-A tip is an indication of exceptional service. You got a shitty massage, either don’t tip or leave a small tip and then speak with the manager of the clinic and let them know what was wrong with the massage. Most therapists I know crave feedback from clients. If you are seeing a private therapist at their own place, they typically charge enough to where they don’t get upset if they don’t get tipped.

-Last, but not least, don’t joke around at a legit establishment about a happy ending. We take our jobs seriously and have worked for a long time to get people to see massage as a legit form of therapy and not a luxury or a sexual service.

/end rant

I get a monthly massage. My guy’s a gay guy and he massages my glutes (that’s as happy an ending as I need frankly). I pay $59 and I tip $8. The first one was deep tissue which I did not enjoy. The rest have been Swedish. Really does feel awesome.[/quote]
Swedish?