My Macros for 10 Days/Cut

EDIT: new comparison photo last page I believe maybe pg 3?

day#:CALS/PROTEINg/FATg/CARBg

day 1:4038.0/358.82/178.11/261

day 2:3808.0/351.60/155.50/205.5

day 3:4048.0/346.50/184.35/240.5

day 4:3598.0/300.61/152.35/209.5 (off day)

day 5:4483.0/385.00/201.00/267.15

day 6:3946.8/386.40/178.40/188.2

day 7:3929.8/408.00/152.00/212

day 8:3746.0/371.00/145.00/222

day 9:3326.0/360.20/120.00/175 (off day)

day10:3816.0/376.20/154.50/243

i tried to make that as neat as possible thats why there are .00s and stuff. sorry if it’s messy and hard to read.

i want to start reducing cals i know i haven’t been perfectly consistent, but calorie wise on workout days ive eatten about 3700-4000, 3800 on most days.
when i start cutting im going to make my food and portions as close to the same every day as possible just to make things easier.

anyways to the calorie reduction part.
i think my first drop in calories should be roughly 500 cals
and to do this im taking a cup of rice out a day 241.8 calories in carbs and replacing 5 of the 12 whole eggs i eat a day with 5 servings of egg beaters this takes another 255 calories out of my diet in fat.

hopefully this will help me lose some body fat and after i plateau from this ill do smaller drops from carbs or ill add 15-20 minutes of cardio post workout to make about a 200 calorie difference every now and then adding more cardio.

off days will be about 400 cals less than workout days coming from 6g of protein, 24g of fat and 48g of carbs. (part of my pre workout meal)

does this sound like im approaching this in a sensible way that should produce results?

**side note: about 14 days ago i started fasting (no bcaas or food) 16 hours a day with an 8 hour feeding window eating about 3-4 meals most days sometimes a snack as well. before this i consistently weighed 250-255 more consistiently closer to 255 but two weeks after this i weighed about the same but more consistiently closer to 250, like 251-252ish. this could be anything like water, less food in my stomach, or maybe a pound of fat who knows. my waist measurement is pretty much the same, but my arms,chest and neck measurements are slightly larger than usual by a small fraction of an inch.

oh and my routine is layed out like this:
day 1 chest/tri
day 2 back/bi
day 3 shoulders/traps
day 4 legs/neck/abs
day 5 off
day 6 repeat

i want to start cutting on the 4th or 5th.

Looks good to me. I think you can get away with slightly harder dieting at the beginning though when your bf is still in double digits and see more results without having to worry about lbm.

Why are you cutting for just 10 days? I wouldn’t think you would achieve much in the way of fat loss during such a short time frame? Surely you will just shed glycogen and water weight?

[quote]krebcycle wrote:
Why are you cutting for just 10 days? I wouldn’t think you would achieve much in the way of fat loss during such a short time frame? Surely you will just shed glycogen and water weight?[/quote]

im not cutting for 10 days. i just recorded 10 days worth of what i ate and ill continue to log my food every day on the cut.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]krebcycle wrote:
Why are you cutting for just 10 days? I wouldn’t think you would achieve much in the way of fat loss during such a short time frame? Surely you will just shed glycogen and water weight?[/quote]

im not cutting for 10 days. i just recorded 10 days worth of what i ate and ill continue to log my food every day on the cut.[/quote]

I apologise. When looked at quickly the thread titile reads like it’s a 10 day cut, thats all!

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

im not cutting for 10 days. i just recorded 10 days worth of what i ate and ill continue to log my food every day on the cut.[/quote]

I apologise. When looked at quickly the thread titile reads like it’s a 10 day cut, thats all![/quote]

Ha yeah its all good ill prolly try to change the title later if it’ll let me

and to do this im taking a cup of rice out a day 241.8 calories in carbs and replacing 5 of the 12 whole eggs i eat a day with 5 servings of egg beaters this takes another 255 calories out of my diet in fat.
[/quote]
What other sources of fat besides eggs are you getting? The fat (and nutrients) in eggs is probably one of the last types of fat Id remove. What protein are you removing? personally from your diet I would remove calories equally from all macros. Either that or remove fat and protein calories but keep carbs the same. Carbs are protein sparing after all and fuel the workouts that you need to keep intense to maintain the muscle you have. 1g per lb of bodyweight will maintain muscle fine provided you dont skimp too much on your energy macros (carbs/fats)

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[/quote]
What other sources of fat besides eggs are you getting? The fat (and nutrients) in eggs is probably one of the last types of fat Id remove. What protein are you removing? personally from your diet I would remove calories equally from all macros. Either that or remove fat and protein calories but keep carbs the same. Carbs are protein sparing after all and fuel the workouts that you need to keep intense to maintain the muscle you have. 1g per lb of bodyweight will maintain muscle fine provided you dont skimp too much on your energy macros (carbs/fats)
[/quote]

Oh man you just fucked my world up. My plan was to keep protein at 350ish range for the entire time and lower carbs mostly and lower fat when I had to. Is there something wrong with keeping protein really high? All my fat comes from meat eggs and butter by the way.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh man you just fucked my world up. My plan was to keep protein at 350ish range for the entire time and lower carbs mostly and lower fat when I had to. Is there something wrong with keeping protein really high? All my fat comes from meat eggs and butter by the way.[/quote]

Most people think high protein/low fat/low carb diets are a no-no. I’m no expert, but from what I gather from reading bigger more experienced guys on the forum, you don’t want protein being SUCH a dominant macro in your diet, that your body is it for energy, as opposed to building/preserving muscle mass.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh man you just fucked my world up. My plan was to keep protein at 350ish range for the entire time and lower carbs mostly and lower fat when I had to. Is there something wrong with keeping protein really high? All my fat comes from meat eggs and butter by the way.[/quote]

Most people think high protein/low fat/low carb diets are a no-no. I’m no expert, but from what I gather from reading bigger more experienced guys on the forum, you don’t want protein being SUCH a dominant macro in your diet, that your body is it for energy, as opposed to building/preserving muscle mass. [/quote]

So maybe make fat the dominant macro and then protein second while going lower carb?

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Most people think high protein/low fat/low carb diets are a no-no. I’m no expert, but from what I gather from reading bigger more experienced guys on the forum, you don’t want protein being SUCH a dominant macro in your diet, that your body is it for energy, as opposed to building/preserving muscle mass. [/quote]

So maybe make fat the dominant macro and then protein second while going lower carb?[/quote]

Like I said, I’m not all that experienced, but I did a very slow cut last year, and used IF. I try too keep my macros pretty balanced overall (roughly a 35/35/30 breakdown), so instead of cutting out a particular macro, I would just remove 200 calories if I stalled, so I’d just, like remove an egg or two here or there, or cut my portions of rice down a tad. I didn’t really think ‘haven’t lost fat in while, need to cut carbs’ specifically, or ‘need to lower fats’.

I didn’t get into like crazy low bf%, just full abs, and if it means anything, on workout days I was eating about 250g C, 250g P, and 80g F, with off days (where all I did was either play basketball or sled pulling), it was like 150g C, 225g P, and 100g F.

Diets are highly individualistic, however, so you need to really just experiment. If you want too just cut carbs slowly, and just always keep protein and fat high, that’ll probably work. If you decide you wanna keep carbs higher, and fat lower, then that’ll probably work too. If I read correctly, you aren’t trying to get like in contest condition or anything, so if I were you, I’d use this time to experiment and see what works for you. Just my 2 cents.

have you looked into carb cycling? a lot of basic diet breakdowns have your protein intake at 40% and then 30/30 for fat carb. I prefer a higher fat intake to carb intake but thats just me… a 40/40/20 breakdown.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Like I said, I’m not all that experienced, but I did a very slow cut last year, and used IF. I try too keep my macros pretty balanced overall (roughly a 35/35/30 breakdown), so instead of cutting out a particular macro, I would just remove 200 calories if I stalled, so I’d just, like remove an egg or two here or there, or cut my portions of rice down a tad. I didn’t really think ‘haven’t lost fat in while, need to cut carbs’ specifically, or ‘need to lower fats’.

I didn’t get into like crazy low bf%, just full abs, and if it means anything, on workout days I was eating about 250g C, 250g P, and 80g F, with off days (where all I did was either play basketball or sled pulling), it was like 150g C, 225g P, and 100g F.

Diets are highly individualistic, however, so you need to really just experiment. If you want too just cut carbs slowly, and just always keep protein and fat high, that’ll probably work. If you decide you wanna keep carbs higher, and fat lower, then that’ll probably work too. If I read correctly, you aren’t trying to get like in contest condition or anything, so if I were you, I’d use this time to experiment and see what works for you. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]
Thats what I was kinda getting at in my simple way. I would reduce food rather than focusing on the nutrient composition so much. Like spidey says, Id remove an egg or two rather than solely remove the fat component and replace it with protein via your egg beaters. But Id wager there are less nutrient dense foods you can remove first before such great sources as eggs.

Again. You are going to have to experiment. Is this your first serious run at fat loss? Its taken me 3-4 tries to where Im happy that I can lose fat withou substantial muscle/strength loss. Im finding that for me a more balanced ratio works better than low fat or low carb.

Id venture that carb cycling would be more appropriate for you than either solely low far or low carb dieting. At least that way you still get a hefty dose of carbs to refuel your muscles,keep leptin high and power your training.

You can do an intense diet with high pro but just not for a long time. Like lyle mcdonalds RFL diet or something like that. But normally those diets are for someone at a lower BF

Okay. Hmm I’m going to look into carb cycling. This should still be good on a 16/8 if plan right?

So is this how I should set up my caloric intake between low moderate and high days
Protein at fat are the same in all three stages.
Basically my moderate days would be at a caloric deficite neccessary to lose weight at a 35/35/30 or 40/40/20
My low days would be even lower calories than my deficiet since I’m eating less carbs.
And my high days would be above what I eat at maintenance?

My workout days change from week to week so could I do it like this?

Chest/tri- high carb a
Back/bi- moderate carb
Shoulders/traps - moderate carb
Legs - low carb
Off - no carb
Repeat

or if I were to eat roughly 3000 calories on moderate days (700-800 calorie deficiet which is 20% reduction)

Moderate - 375g protein/ 50g fat/ 300g carbs
High - 375g protein/ 50g fat/ 375g carbs
Low - 375g protein/ 50g fat/ 225g carbs

I’m going by an article that said multiply 1.5 by Weight (250lbs) for protein and 1.25 for carbs and the rest from fat. Should I have used my lbm instead though (closer to 185-190ish)?

Is it okay to have an extremely low day, like around 100g of carbs and set it up like this

Chest/tri-high
Back/bi-high
Shoulders-moderate
Legs-low
Off-extremely low

EDIT: the above method but with percentages multiplied by my lbm of 185-190

Moderate days - 285gP / 100gF / 237gC. (3000 cals)

High days - 285gP / 100gF / 296gC. (3225 cals)

Low days - 285gP / 100gF / 177.75gC (2748 cals)

And I guess after looking at the caloric breakdown it makes sense to not go lower than a low day.

So maybe
Chest/tri - high
Back/bi - high
Shoulders - moderate
Legs - moderate or low?
Off - low

Can I ask, just out of curiosity, why you have ‘High’ days on things like chest and Triceps, but low on something like Legs?? Did you position high days around weak points, or are your legs a strong point for you??

Okay. Hmm I’m going to look into carb cycling. This should still be good on a 16/8 if plan right?
[/quote]
If you are doing Martin Berkhans Leansgains 16/8 its supposed to be carb cycling anyway!

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Can I ask, just out of curiosity, why you have ‘High’ days on things like chest and Triceps, but low on something like Legs?? Did you position high days around weak points, or are your legs a strong point for you??[/quote]
in for curiosity sake too!

I kinda of do this myself at the mo. I feel that I can maintain leg muscle and strength pretty easy but my upper body needs all the help it can get. So I eat slightly less carbs on my Leg days. Leg day is scheduled after a massive binge eating carb fest however where Im not likely to be running on fumes. So there is a difference from how Pauls looking to attack it.

And Paul. Those numbers look great on paper but realistically you are just going to have to experiment. No one can really tell you whether one set of numbers is going to work better than another set. Different foods can have the same macro breakdown but be digested and utilised completely different depending on your own physiology. Not trying to make you even more confused. Just get the ball rolling and adjust as necessary.