My Lower Body Is Lacking

I have been working out fairly consistently for about a year.
However, my lower body is lacking a lot, mainly due to my negligence.

Problem is that whenever I do a leg day, I am so sore that I could barely walk for almost a week. So me being a wuss, avoid the leg workouts.

Now, should I just do all out leg day and wait until fully recovered or do little by little?
Any suggestion is welcomed.
Thank you.

train through it. your body will adapt to it and soon you wont be any more sore then any other workout.

That soreness you mention that lasts for a week seems pretty common imo, and is what I’d recommend especially if they are lacking. So in other words…stop being a damn wuss and do the hard leg workouts :slight_smile:

Squat 3x a week no matter what, monday, wensday, friday. You’ll adapt, don’t try to kill yourself though use a good weight try to avoid complete failure.

I’m guessing your a beginner, so avoid all the assistance exercises for now just squat 3x a week hard. Starting strength be a good program for you if your legs are lacking, and your intermediate/beginner level.

Thanks for all input guys,
I mainly use squat and deads for my leg routine btw

smolov will make a man out of you.

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
Thanks for all input guys,
I mainly use squat and deads for my leg routine btw[/quote]

Ya, squats AND deadlifts. Train lower body twice as much as your upper body until it catches up. And alternate between squats and deadlifts. Deadlifts should be done heavy, squats for slightly higher reps.

Grab a pair and keep on doing it. I look forward to leg and back day because they are the only days I can push myself to damn near puking all over the floor. Keep on training em and they will grow.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Grab a pair and keep on doing it. I look forward to leg and back day because they are the only days I can push myself to damn near puking all over the floor. Keep on training em and they will grow. [/quote]

i second that. today was my leg day and its the only day that i feel like puking when im done. do you squats and your deads and your wheels will come along in no time.

i dont mean to beat a dead horse but make sure you are getting enough protein obviously cuz your legs will need it, especially squatting 3x a week as was suggested above.