My Left Shoe

[quote]nanasarieh wrote:
hey cbear, so i’m wondering, cuz i love my vibrams too (i have two pairs). i use them for everything, but when it comes to my deadlifts and squats lately, I’ve noticed that i tend to tilt everywhere but into the ground during the lift.

i figure this is because my weights are getting heavy and no matter how much i try or what shoes im wearing, my feet are never going to be as flat as a pair of chucks. which is why im going to switch over to chucks next week and see how my lifts go. im thinking the stable, flat surface they provide might work out a little better than the vibrams for those two lifts at least.

not sure how long you’ve been using your vibrams, but thoughts?[/quote]

Shit. someone WOULD have to go and ask a REAL question. I’ll try to give an answer sans sarcasm.

If you’re tilting because of heavy weights it means you’re unbalanced. Either bar placement/grip is an issue, or you have a muscular imbalance.

I cast my humble vote for the latter. WHICH muscle, I don’t know for sure, bc my crystal ball is in the shop and I won’t get my ESP back until monday. Apparently, my ESP signal gets cut short when I’m in KY. (I said I’d try it without the sarcasm. oh well)

So for shits and giggles, I’d spend a little extra time, both for warmup and recovery, on your feet, ankles, calves, and glutes. SAY WHAT? yeah. I see lots of people neglect those particular spots. They’re difficult to get to, and easy to forget. I suggest starting with a tennis ball and then a lacrosse ball, then possibly a golf ball for your feet and a baseball for your ass and calves.

Or, I have NO idea what I’m talking about, and my head is so far up my ass no one else can see my point of view.

Do you tighten your vibrams before you have a heavy lift? I definitely have to pull the strings in the back tighter.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
IS SUCH AN ATTENTION WHORE!![/quote]

Don’t blame that poor shoe…take responsibility for your own actions.

Nothing but my bare feet nails me to the floor like my Chucks. And those vibram things remind me of the rainbow colored toe socks I got as a gift once. I mean who gives toe socks as a gift? Man I had some loser friends.

[quote]Sindie wrote:
oh!!! so you show that skanky lil left shoe!! very fancy one at that. my lil tarty shoe is jealous.

nice deadlifts—mine will never be so hot, i hate them ohhh so much. good job:)[/quote]

It is a skanky shoe. I should throw it in the washer!

Diana- toe socks. yeah. They came in handy when I… ok never. Only time they came in handy is when I wanted to look like an exponentially larger asshole than I already do.

The shoes, however, rock my world, bc I LOVE going barefoot, but have seen enough documentaries/jars of parasites to keep me from doing it outside my house. They’re comfy and they make my feet happy. I might get red ones next time.

So Jim leaves for work tonight and when I open up the cupboard to get a glass for a drink, this is what I find.

Apparently, 12guage shells and shakers belong in the same place.

I LOL’d.

Before he left, he gave me another box of ammo for my .40.

The brotard I mentioned earlier had his five fingers on today-
with parachute pants.

I kid not.

and tried to squat rack curl not once but twice while I was squatting today

If your five fingers are working keep working it…Ill type quietly the rest of you seems to be in fine fine working order.

I have a hard time with the lifting shoes- chucks don’t give me enough lateral support on squats
but work for deads- I almost think I am ready for squat shoes again
I think I had an ancient adidastars or maybe the canadian ones.

Attention What? Naahh, just a strong gal demonstrating great deadlift strength and technique.

sorrie for the real question :stuck_out_tongue: but definitely good advice. I do make sure I warm up pretty well and I use a tennis ball everywhere but the bottom of foot. gonna add that to my warm up and tighten my vibrams before my lifts too.

I hope things start feeling better because I’ve already ordered my new (and third) pair of vibram performas, oOoOoOo: Redirecting...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IT WAS YOU!!!

You started the thread on FA!!

Now I remember. And the training camp.

Thanks for the wakeup call about the vibrams. How’d the camp go?

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
IS SUCH AN ATTENTION WHORE!![/quote]

Lies!! There are not nearly enough pictures in this thread for that!!!

:smiley:

Beautiful deadlift!

5/3/1 month 2 week 2

Bench x3

bar, 65, 95, 105, 115, 135, 145(x3), 145(x5).

What I got on tape, though, is one of the psychotic pieces of accessory work Jim likes to come up with. fwiw, I got very excited when he pulled out the chains. Then he told me what I’d be doing.

First set was 12 reps, 6 each side. put my knee down for a sec after 10… did not expect to get my ass kicked like that. what I’ve posed is set 2, (i think I got 14 but i started hallucinating after 4), set 3 was 10.

We’re guestimating that the chains weigh about 35lbs.

After the gym, Jim took me to 5guys. On his own. I had not told him about the discussion in Kimba’s log. he had a bag of cajun fries and mine were regular. with an orange soda. mah tummie had a happee when we left!

Now I want 5 Guys.

P.S. CBear in chains is very hot. I’m shocked that the SAMA guys aren’t all in here gawking.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
Now I want 5 Guys.

P.S. CBear in chains is very hot. I’m shocked that the SAMA guys aren’t all in here gawking.[/quote]

I’m surprised, too.

I’ve kicked around the idea of chains for weight on dips but I lift at a University gym and that might be a bit too much for the delicate souls who run the place.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

First set was 12 reps, 6 each side. put my knee down for a sec after 10… did not expect to get my ass kicked like that. what I’ve posed is set 2, (i think I got 14 but i started hallucinating after 4), set 3 was 10.

[/quote]

love it!! damn those sets are badass. dreamy.

how have i never heard of 5 guys b4 yesterday and suddenly i hear of it everyfuckinwhere??

[quote]imhungry wrote:
kimbakimba wrote:
Now I want 5 Guys.

P.S. CBear in chains is very hot. I’m shocked that the SAMA guys aren’t all in here gawking.

I’m surprised, too.[/quote]

gawking doesn’t equal posting. I’m ok with that.

Joe–> they feel that way about my bands. I bring em, and take em home with me. Considering getting my own set of chains, and just leaving em in my car. I get enough weird looks and questions already. The chains may scare em into silence.

Deja–> I KNOW!!! and there’s signs all over the place with awards and “OMG 5Guys is the best!” and such. apparently, from people who know what they’re talking about.

I just watched the video again and realized im reflecting light. Kinda cool. Lights go out, no emergency, use cbears pale ass as a lantern!!

u r teh paleness

nice pulls at the start, your max must be over 315. I pack chains in my backpack to the gym, but people look at me weird in the gym regardless of what I’m doing so whatevz

Horay for strong women!
CBear I like the chain work

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
5/3/1 month 2 week 2

Bench x3

bar, 65, 95, 105, 115, 135, 145(x3), 145(x5).

What I got on tape, though, is one of the psychotic pieces of accessory work Jim likes to come up with. fwiw, I got very excited when he pulled out the chains. Then he told me what I’d be doing.

After the gym, Jim took me to 5guys. On his own. I had not told him about the discussion in Kimba’s log. he had a bag of cajun fries and mine were regular. with an orange soda. mah tummie had a happee when we left! [/quote]

Wow, Jim is an incredibly imaginative trainer! I can see where that routine would cause hallucinations.

Our Five Guys opened up TODAY so I guess I might have to try it. Cajun fries? that’s crazy!! I LOVE cajun.

[quote]dejavued wrote:

how have i never heard of 5 guys b4 yesterday and suddenly i hear of it everyfuckinwhere?? [/quote]

Another reason to visit Missoula–ours opened today!