My Journey to Being the Best

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
If she is the real deal, good for her, but any poster with 3 posts to their name that starts a post with “As most of you know …” reeks of spam.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Even if she is not spam, the manner in which she is presenting herself lends no credibility to her cause. Its pretty annoying to see someone who NEVER participates in the site suddenly create a “Hey ! Here I am!” post that is most likely copied and pasted on dozens of other websites.

I’d rather support and encourage our own familiar faces rather than someone who jumps from message board to message as an anonymous recognition seeker.

Mk. Well I really do appreciate all of your guys concern and yes I am trying to get involved on this site. I thought you were suppose stuff on here to let people know what you are about?

I am not trying to sell anything I just want as much help as I can get. I just came across this site , I wasn’t looking around for places to promote myself.

The only other place I have post this blog is on my facebook for my friends. No other sites are involved.

Sorry If I came off as an attention seeker. I don’t have any need for that.

I know that I am not where I want to be at this point in time. Strength wise, but that is why I posted this was to get advice.

How are you a freshman in college and an 8 time champion?

either way, is that you in your avatar? that’s pretty impressive weight there.

If the OP didn’t have pics in her profile then I would think it’s spam, but I just think the weight and supplements messed with her head :wink:

[quote]deadliftingdoll wrote:
I know that I am not where I want to be at this point in time. Strength wise, but that is why I posted this was to get advice.[/quote]

Sorry but you didnt post this to get advice.

You seemed to be giving it out.

Sorry douchebag, sure come back when your the best :slight_smile:

just know that im better.

You’re the best, around. Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down…

I would like to see a video of that squat in your avatar…

That’s impressive for any woman (and most men), let alone a college freshman.

I dont have a video but I am planning on starting to record my workouts.So hopefully I will get some killer vids up!!!

Thanks for the support!
I will get vids up as soon as I can!

AND YES that is me in the pic I promise

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
You’re the best, around. Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down…[/quote]

‘Rocky’?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
You’re the best, around. Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down…

‘Rocky’?[/quote]

No, I believe it was The Karate Kid.

I’d love to hear more about your training.

I hope you intend this to be a log like some of the others here because I’m sure I’d get a lot out of it based on the level you’re competing at.

Welcome to T-Nation

O

Thx, Its good to hear positive feedback.
Right now I am doing Ryan Kennellys bench routine. I found it on another forum and really liked the layout.
It goes like this lol I will repost it.
Just so you all know I did COPY this from another forum, It is not my own designed workout. I am not going to take credit for something that is not mine!

Ryan Kennelly’s (Bench Monster) bench routine - 05-14-2008

Found this @ another board

60% of your one rep raw max and you will do 8 sets of triples at this weight, and each week you will go up 5%, or the next week you would go 65% of your one rep max. Then when you get to 70% you will lower your sets to 6 sets of triples, then at 80% you will only do three sets of triples. The week you do 90% for 2 sets of triples, you will take off 95% week and rest for your 100% max wk only do single reps working up to your one rep max. some board presses with close grip, and rack lock outs

Tuesday
wk 1 60% 8x3reps , next close grip press 2sets of 5 reps, next rack lockouts(AKA high pin press),2 sets of 5 reps with the bar starting at the half way point of the press and than another 2 sets of 5reps with the bar set higher so that it is a 1/4 press.

the best option would be this, 2 sets of board presses and 2 sets of rack lockouts. if you dont have access to boards for board presses, than do 2 sets of 5 reps with the bar starting at the half way point of the press and than another 2 sets of 5reps with the bar set higher so that it is a 1/4 press as i originally stated.

(if not sure how to do any of these exercises ask me and I will explain, or check out http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.a...arbell%20Lifts)

Saturday
wk 1 speed press 8 sets of 3 reps at 50%,next pick to tricep exercises . keep the reps btwn 8 - 15 reps , 2 - 3 sets

Tuesday
wk2 65% 8x3 reps, keep auxiliary lifts the same as previous wk

Saturday
wk 2 speed press 8 sets of 3 reps 55%, same auxiliary lifts

Tuesday
wk3 70% 6x3 reps, same auxiliary lifts

Saturday
wk 3 60% 8 sets of 3 rep, same auxiliary lifts

Tuesday
wk 4 75% 6x3, same auxiliary

Sat
wk 4 50% 8set of 3reps, same aux.

Tusday
wk 5 80% 3 sets of 3 ,auxiliary lifts same

Sat.
wk 5 55% 8 set s of 3,same aux.

tues
wk 6 85% 3x3, same aux

Sat
Wk 6 60% 8 sets of 3 reps, same aux

tues
wk 7 90% 2 sets of 3 reps, close grips 2 sets of 3 reps, rack lockouts 2 sets of 3 reps

Sat. wk7 50% 8sets of 3 reps, same auxiliary

wk 8 Tuesday
55% 5 sets of 3 reps, no auxiliary lifts

Sat.
60% 3sets of 3 reps. no auxiliary lifts

wk 9
tuesday
no workout rest

Saturday
max out working up in single reps only.

life is good.

Deadlifts go like this:

Same layout as the bench routine. except I do 2 sets of 10 the go into the 8 sets of 3.

I do alot of EXTRA work, um also front squats, I haven’t had time to write out my dead workout yet but when I do I will def post it.

I am not squatting alot right now because I am dropping weight so , I always seem to gain weight when I squat lol
Squatters ass.

I do Front squats, hypers, off the pin deadlifts at 1/4 and 1/2 and alot of core work after lower body workouts.

I am going to et my workouts posted this weekend!

Sounds intense… I recently switched to Powerlifting myself.

I’m currently in week 4 of Stephan Korte’s 3x3 Program. It’s similar to what you laid out but you Bench, Squat, and Deadlift 3 days a week (Mon-Wed-Fri).

The 1st 4 weeks is high volume work. 8 sets of 6 in the Bench and 8 sets of 5 in Squats and Deads. It’s pretty brutal but I’m packing muscle on to my legs and back already.

The next 4 weeks is Phase II - High Intensity. Should be interesting, as I start Phase II next Monday.

Check it out if you’re interested:

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/index.htm

Thx, Its good to hear positive feedback.
Right now I am doing Ryan Kennellys bench routine. I found it on another forum and really liked the layout.
It goes like this lol I will repost it.
Just so you all know I did COPY this from another forum, It is not my own designed workout. I am not going to take credit for something that is not mine!

Ryan Kennelly’s (Bench Monster) bench routine - 05-14-2008

Found this @ another board

60% of your one rep raw max and you will do 8 sets of triples at this weight, and each week you will go up 5%, or the next week you would go 65% of your one rep max. Then when you get to 70% you will lower your sets to 6 sets of triples, then at 80% you will only do three sets of triples. The week you do 90% for 2 sets of triples, you will take off 95% week and rest for your 100% max wk only do single reps working up to your one rep max. some board presses with close grip, and rack lock outs

Tuesday
wk 1 60% 8x3reps , next close grip press 2sets of 5 reps, next rack lockouts(AKA high pin press),2 sets of 5 reps with the bar starting at the half way point of the press and than another 2 sets of 5reps with the bar set higher so that it is a 1/4 press.

the best option would be this, 2 sets of board presses and 2 sets of rack lockouts. if you dont have access to boards for board presses, than do 2 sets of 5 reps with the bar starting at the half way point of the press and than another 2 sets of 5reps with the bar set higher so that it is a 1/4 press as i originally stated.

(if not sure how to do any of these exercises ask me and I will explain, or check out http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.a...arbell%20Lifts)

Saturday
wk 1 speed press 8 sets of 3 reps at 50%,next pick to tricep exercises . keep the reps btwn 8 - 15 reps , 2 - 3 sets

Tuesday
wk2 65% 8x3 reps, keep auxiliary lifts the same as previous wk

Saturday
wk 2 speed press 8 sets of 3 reps 55%, same auxiliary lifts

Tuesday
wk3 70% 6x3 reps, same auxiliary lifts

Saturday
wk 3 60% 8 sets of 3 rep, same auxiliary lifts

Tuesday
wk 4 75% 6x3, same auxiliary

Sat
wk 4 50% 8set of 3reps, same aux.

Tusday
wk 5 80% 3 sets of 3 ,auxiliary lifts same

Sat.
wk 5 55% 8 set s of 3,same aux.

tues
wk 6 85% 3x3, same aux

Sat
Wk 6 60% 8 sets of 3 reps, same aux

tues
wk 7 90% 2 sets of 3 reps, close grips 2 sets of 3 reps, rack lockouts 2 sets of 3 reps

Sat. wk7 50% 8sets of 3 reps, same auxiliary

wk 8 Tuesday
55% 5 sets of 3 reps, no auxiliary lifts

Sat.
60% 3sets of 3 reps. no auxiliary lifts

wk 9
tuesday
no workout rest

Saturday
max out working up in single reps only.

life is good.

Deadlifts go like this:

Same layout as the bench routine. except I do 2 sets of 10 the go into the 8 sets of 3.

I do alot of EXTRA work, um also front squats, I haven’t had time to write out my dead workout yet but when I do I will def post it.

I am not squatting alot right now because I am dropping weight so , I always seem to gain weight when I squat lol
Squatters ass.

I do Front squats, hypers, off the pin deadlifts at 1/4 and 1/2 and alot of core work after lower body workouts.

I am going to get my workouts posted this weekend![/quote]

edit good deal…So besides…or after dropping weight,what are your primary goals?

I want to actually beat my PRS at worlds this year. so around a 410lb dead and a 240lb bench… the bench is pushing it but I have to push to get to the top!

I want to actually beat my PRS at worlds this year. so around a 410lb dead and a 240lb bench… the bench is pushing it but I have to push to get to the top![/quote]

Welcome to T-Nation :slight_smile:

Awesome numbers. What weight class and fed? What is your squat PR?

405lb squat in the gym not yet in a meet though.
WABDL AND AAU FEDS
Single ply equip.

Never mind the haters. You’re doing what others just talk about.

Welcome to the site; damn good addition if you ask me.

Nice to have you here.