My Ipod Shuffle Broke

Should I buy a new one or wait for a new model???

I had the small silver 1 Go one. Are they gonna come out with a new model? I can’t see how it can be any smaller though. I know there is also a 2Go model that has been out for a while.

I had one break recently too. Just wouldn’t turn on, even after a full nights charge. Turns out it just needed to be reset.

I would just get a new one if it is truly broken. They are what, $50 now?

[quote]hit the gym wrote:

I had the small silver 1 Go one. Are they gonna come out with a new model? I can’t see how it can be any smaller though. I know there is also a 2Go model that has been out for a while.[/quote]

I quit using my iPod shuffle. I quit liking iPods the moment I found out that you can’t even download songs you buy from their iTunes to any other media device. Here I was trying to be legit by buying the music in the first place, and they make it so I can’t even make a mix cd for mp3’s to play in the car.

I use a Sansa now and I like it more because of compatibility.

haha thatll teach you to obey copyright infringement laws.

[quote]Dedicatedone wrote:
haha thatll teach you to obey copyright infringement laws.[/quote]

True.

I figured I owed something for the 12.6 billion songs I downloaded as a broke ass college student…but I am now over the guilt.

[quote]Dedicatedone wrote:
haha thatll teach you to obey copyright infringement laws.[/quote]

yah but if you buy it, why don’t you own it?

I have an iPod nano and I am not a fan. My problem was that I had first synced it to my old computer which died. Then I bought a new computer and it won’t let me sync unless I dump everything already on my iPod. It took HOURS to upload my CDs onto that thing.

so nooooo I am not a fan.

I will check out the Sansa

upload cds, you guys need to step into the 21st century and just download everything.

Although it does piss me off that you cant use the ipod to transfer files from one computer to the next.

I like the ipods. However, I hate the itunes store. Why the f*ck would I pay that much for a 128 mp3? god people are dumb

[quote]Professor X wrote:
hit the gym wrote:

I had the small silver 1 Go one. Are they gonna come out with a new model? I can’t see how it can be any smaller though. I know there is also a 2Go model that has been out for a while.

I quit using my iPod shuffle. I quit liking iPods the moment I found out that you can’t even download songs you buy from their iTunes to any other media device. Here I was trying to be legit by buying the music in the first place, and they make it so I can’t even make a mix cd for mp3’s to play in the car.

I use a Sansa now and I like it more because of compatibility. [/quote]

Itune Plus

[quote]hit the gym wrote:

I had the small silver 1 Go one. Are they gonna come out with a new model? I can’t see how it can be any smaller though. I know there is also a 2Go model that has been out for a while.[/quote]

…it’s your lucky day! Apple just announced the all new shuffle: Apple's redesigned iPod shuffle hits 4GB, talks to you (updated with video!) | Engadget

…it’s tiny, holds 4gb and no longer has any buttons! Instead the controller is in the headphone wire; nice isn’t it? Proprietary headphones, yay! Oh but wait, if you do care about soundquality you can ofcourse buy third party headphones, but they require a dongle and that’ll cost you extra! The new shuffle also needs iTunes 8.1, which isn’t released yet! But the best part is… it speaks to you! Yes, it tells you what playlist is next or what song will be playing!

…i suggest you do not jump on the bandwagon and buy another brand of mp3 player that has better DAC’s, simple drag 'n drop of files, a screen and buttons and does not need proprietary headphones. Anything but Apple basically (-:

Get an iRiver Clix 2 - it’s come down so much in price and you can copy movies and music or any kind - and it’s drag and drop.

I have an 8gb model and it’s great.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Get an iRiver Clix 2 - it’s come down so much in price and you can copy movies and music or any kind - and it’s drag and drop.

I have an 8gb model and it’s great.[/quote]

What I actually look for more than anything is sound quality. Some of these devices severely limit the volume you can turn it up to which sucks in a crowded gym with 30 people running on treadmills at the same time.

I know the Sansa has good volume control and sound quality. How is the iRiver?

[quote]ephrem wrote:
hit the gym wrote:

…it’s your lucky day! Apple just announced the all new shuffle: Apple's redesigned iPod shuffle hits 4GB, talks to you (updated with video!) | Engadget

…it’s tiny, holds 4gb and no longer has any buttons! Instead the controller is in the headphone wire; nice isn’t it? Proprietary headphones, yay! Oh but wait, if you do care about soundquality you can ofcourse buy third party headphones, but they require a dongle and that’ll cost you extra! The new shuffle also needs iTunes 8.1, which isn’t released yet! But the best part is… it speaks to you! Yes, it tells you what playlist is next or what song will be playing!

…i suggest you do not jump on the bandwagon and buy another brand of mp3 player that has better DAC’s, simple drag 'n drop of files, a screen and buttons and does not need proprietary headphones. Anything but Apple basically (-:

[/quote]

Wow, what a coincidence. I had a feeling there was going to be a new one soon, from the “clearances” at BestBuy and FutureShop and no recent design change.

Ill just have to wait till this one comes out! I like the different playlists and 4Go. Controls seem easier to use, I sometimes had problems with the buttons on the clip or one would get pressed by accident.

Can’t come out soon enough.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

I have an 8gb model and it’s great.

What I actually look for more than anything is sound quality. Some of these devices severely limit the volume you can turn it up to which sucks in a crowded gym with 30 people running on treadmills at the same time.

I know the Sansa has good volume control and sound quality. How is the iRiver?[/quote]

I bought it because one thing I read was they were better than the iPods in sound quality - I have no complaints but I think it’s largely down to that fact that I have aftermarket headphones. It does go loud though, no doubt about it.

Also, I just realised mine is over 2 years old now (with no problems to date), however there are probably newer & better models out. I have the 8gb Redline model.

The Sansa is great!! I randomly spotted a 4G Clip while waiting in line at Best Buy just before Christmas for like just around $50.00. Downloads easily. I upgraded the headphones, but no complaints!!

Ill check out the Sansa. Also when is this new Shuffle coming out? If it’s Christmas screw it i’m not waiting that long.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Dedicatedone wrote:
haha thatll teach you to obey copyright infringement laws.

yah but if you buy it, why don’t you own it?

I have an iPod nano and I am not a fan. My problem was that I had first synced it to my old computer which died. Then I bought a new computer and it won’t let me sync unless I dump everything already on my iPod. It took HOURS to upload my CDs onto that thing.

so nooooo I am not a fan.

I will check out the Sansa

[/quote]

I had the same problem with mine. It’s an easy fix though. Just a matter of un-hiding the music files.

…if it’s audioquality you want, go for Cowon. But by all means, A/B all players if possible!

as for mp3s…amazon mp3 store is the best (legal) source.

…one more thing: no matter how good your mp3player, without quality headphones you’re screwed. I prefer in-ear phones, because you won’t look like a dork, and second, because of the tight fit you don’t have to crank up the volume and that saves your hearing…

…there are a lot of brands and different kind of phones available, but you have to spend money to get quality. Anything over 75 dollars will do…