My Hypogonadism Story

Thyroid function is good so far! Try to get 200mcg - 200 micrograms of selenium. TPO may improve.

Your bio-T was below range, now is not. E2 may be holding you down, but not tested with all lab reports. You can ask to be on TRT or ask to actively monitor and control E2 which will reduce SHBG.

How is it going? Do you feel any better?

Ah des francais !

Vous avez trouvé une solution a vos problemes ?

I’m slowly feeling better and I see some mood improvements . I didn’t remember how libido and noctural erections felt like , this is the biggest change for now . I have more energy and I sleep less but I started synthroid (for thyroid) at the same time so I’m not sure what did this. I’m thinking about sex more than I ever did and it seems to give me motivation in my everyday life . I’m pretty excited before every shot and seems to have the highest effect 24 hours after. I’m injecting 30mg on thursdays and 30mg on sundays so 60mg/week. This is low but I’m waiting to see my new endo on july 26th and i’ll see how my levels are . I seem to have more confidence with women too . I’m not sure if it’s placebo or just because i’m feeling better but it is there . What about you ?

1 Like

Low-T reduces many aspect of socialization and social avoidance can be a result. TRT can help men come out of their shells.

Im feeling better by the day. I started to reduce my anti depressants dose even if doc didnt said to do so. My sex drive is through the roof and my workouts are intense. I still have some days that I am very tired but i think its because im working out alot harder. It may also be the withdrawal of AD i dont know. Im glad to hear you are feeling better too!

@thereaper666 tu as fait quoi finalement c’est quoi ton protocole ?

Just a little refresh . I’m doing 100mg test enanthate/week split in two doses and 25mcg synthroid every day. I’m one month in . Libido came back in second week and erections too . And now it’s gone . I’m in canada and can’t get hcg (i’ve met with 6 endos now) . What could be causing this and why was it good in week 2?

The same thing happened to me, got it back and a week later lost it. It could be your natural production shut down after starting TRT or it could be an E2 issue. It happens to a lot of us in the beginning, it’s likely your natural production is shut down now, give it time and check your E2. In my opinion you’re not on a high enough dose to be causing seriously high estrogen issues.

Did you fix it or you’re in the same place right now?

7 weeks in now… Felt great 2 weeks ago but stopped anti depressants and now feel lot dizzy and a bit tired but it will go away by itself soon I hope. Im on 120mg test cyp per week no ai. Libido still through the roof.

I’m slowly showing improvements, seeing all things improve equally. Just this past week I got my 16th injection and have felt tired all week.

Little update about my sitution . Last summer i’ve been brainwashed by my doc and stopped trt . She made me stop effexor and start wellbutrin . Stopping effexor was hell but I went through it. Wellbutrin is great , energy went up and libido too . I cruised on it for a while and had blood test for testosterone again . Obviously this was still low . I was having insomnia every night so I decided to get off of wellbutrin (I might start it back later, i wanted to know how i felt without antidepressant) . So that was 2 months ago , i’m now sleeping better without it but still not feeling like my old self so I had bloodtest taken again to confirm low t (see below). With those results I found a new doc and finally decided to start trt for good. I started 100mg/week divided in two doses on january 12. I’m now two weeks in and will update my story here as much as I can. No hcg for now and no al but will talk about this with my doc next time I see him. Would love to supplement dhea but it’s illegal here in canada . Any solution?

It’s been a month since I started to inject subq 100mg divided in two doses . Libido is non-existant and having ed . This week i’m more emotional,tired and I have this feeling of hopelessness . I’m pretty sure this is due to high e2 unfortunately my doc doesn’t seem to care . I’m in canada and it’s really hard to find a good doc . There is no sensitive e2 test will the non-sensitive one be ok?

If thats the only test you got, you can work with it. Just notice how the number changes from your baseline.

It’s going to take you a long time to balance out since your SHBG is so low, you need a full thyroid panel because if your thyroid is suboptimal you may never fully recover. Your doctors aren’t actually checking your thyroid hormones, their only checking TSH and this is a red flag that your doctors are clueless.

Dynacare or Lifelabs provides E2 testing in Canada.

How come my shbg was 40 6 months ago and 15 before going on trt ?

That’s all the liver, looks like it could be hypothyroidism, it can lower SHBG levels significantly.

You need TSH, T4, fT4,fT3, rT3 and antibodies tested. Good luck getting doctors to test for half of that unless you pay for it.

What will happen if I check the box myself on my bloodtest list and go get it ? I know my doc will be furious but what else?

@systemlord
Is there a study or something about low shbg and frequent injections ? I would like to talk about this with my doc . Currently on 50mg every 3.5 days . I will eventually do 20mg every 2 days after my next blood test . But i would like to talk about this with my doc with some info