My House Is Haunted

I went to college in what is commonly considered the most haunted town/campus in the country. We would usually leave an open beer untouched whenever we partied as an “angels share” and a peace offering to whatever. Never noticed anything, but i also convinced myself anything questionable was due to the age of whatever building i was in…

Walking past Civil War era cemeteries in the middle of the night got weird at times, nothing tangible, but there was a noticeable presence.

Gotta say, I would love to be at a campus like that. Life is pretty dull and well explained, so being scared and confused feels so right at times. That feeling in your guts…delicious!

The house is tiny, there’s no way someone could be hiding in it, and the only people that I know of who have a key would be the landlord, the letting agency and my girlfriend, whose whereabouts I can account for (shut up! I can account for them!). Not sure why my landlord would be trying to fuck with me; he always seemed pretty cool.

The closest prison is a women’s prison, and if I am unknowingly harbouring an escaped convict I’m a little hurt that she hasn’t approached me for sex.

I guess setting up cameras would be the only way to know for sure. Kind of a pain in the arse paying for them, installing them and then sifting through hours of footage of sofa masturbation. I also think that if I set up a camera in my bathroom then my friends would stop visiting.

Scatter some mouse traps/Home Alone type traps around in strategic locations. If anything is moved or there’s a scream in the middle of the night, then it’s shotgun/police time.

[quote]Iron Condor wrote:
Scatter some mouse traps/Home Alone type traps around in strategic locations. If anything is moved or there’s a scream in the middle of the night, then it’s shotgun/police time.[/quote]

haha, that’s all fun and games until I stumble down the stairs half asleep at 5am and get my ass blowtorched

[quote]Yogi wrote:
The house is tiny, there’s no way someone could be hiding in it, and the only people that I know of who have a key would be the landlord, the letting agency and my girlfriend, whose whereabouts I can account for (shut up! I can account for them!). Not sure why my landlord would be trying to fuck with me; he always seemed pretty cool.

The closest prison is a women’s prison, and if I am unknowingly harbouring an escaped convict I’m a little hurt that she hasn’t approached me for sex.

I guess setting up cameras would be the only way to know for sure. Kind of a pain in the arse paying for them, installing them and then sifting through hours of footage of sofa masturbation. I also think that if I set up a camera in my bathroom then my friends would stop visiting.[/quote]

Our camera is set up in a central location (intruders would go through this area) and notifies of activity. We don’t currently pay to have it taped for review, but if it’s on and my phone is online with it I’ll know when Hockey gets home and can creep on him. By the same token, I’m always aware that when he’s out of town (which is much of the time) he could be sitting in his hotel room watching me eat dinner.

You really should just need one, and if you have it recorded it would only happen when there’s movement. So sifting through minutes of footage if a big moth gets in, maybe.

[quote]Iron Condor wrote:
Scatter some mouse traps/Home Alone type traps around in strategic locations. If anything is moved or there’s a scream in the middle of the night, then it’s shotgun/police time.[/quote]

I’ll just leave this here.

Anymore weird stuff? One would think if haunted they would do it when you are there too, not just when gone?

Landlord develops gambling problem. Wife kicks him out. All landlord has is his car and tenants’ keys. Landlord lives out of tenants’ houses while they are asleep or away from home, knicking small things like knife sets to pawn to fuel his addiction. Mystery. Solved.

Have you lost any tuppleware?

found a packet of cooked chicken in the laundry basket. No idea how it got there.

I think it’s maybe more likely that I’m just losing my mind

came home to find a fucking load of dead flies in my bathroom. No open window anywhere, no way for them to get in.

Fucking Candyman shit now

[quote]Yogi wrote:
came home to find a fucking load of dead flies in my bathroom. No open window anywhere, no way for them to get in.

Fucking Candyman shit now[/quote]

Normally I’d believe you but I think you gotta start posting pics man … this is getting pretty strange

What the heck is a “packet of cooked chicken?”

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
What the heck is a “packet of cooked chicken?”[/quote]

I can’t speak for Yogi, but my wife and I prepare a few pounds of chicken breast, usually in the crock pot for shredding and putting on salads or mixing with rice and beans or omletes etc; we divide them up into 6oz portions and put them in baggies - hence “packet of cooked chicken” … Again, I don’t know if that’s what he meant but I’d like to think so so I’m not a fucking lunatic for having about 10 bags of shredded chicken in my fridge

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

a packet in which cooked chicken is contained. I buy them sometimes to eat for lunch at work when I’m too lazy too cook up a load of chicken

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Normally I’d believe you but I think you gotta start posting pics man … this is getting pretty strange[/quote]

100% true mate, seriously

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

a packet in which cooked chicken is contained. [/quote]

^ that cracked me up

now them flies are freakin odd

[quote]Yogi wrote:

One time I said “Pumpkin Spice Latte” three time in the mirror.

A white girl in yoga pants and Uggs came out of the mirror screaming “I can’t even!”

Scared the shit out of me.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

One time I said “Pumpkin Spice Latte” three time in the mirror.

A white girl in yoga pants and Uggs came out of the mirror screaming “I can’t even!”

Scared the shit out of me.[/quote]

I’m assuming she had on a flannel shirt and big rimmed glasses with no lenses … same shit happened to me. Now she’s “occupying” my guest room refusing to pay rent - any advice on how to get rid of her?